However, with the rise of online dating, it has suddenly become quicker and easier to connect with different people from all around the world who share your Islamic values and understand your cultural background. With a few short clicks of a button, you can discover more options for compatible matches than you could dream of meeting in the ‘real-life' dating scene.
If you’re a Muslim single who’s ready for online dating, but not quite sure where to start, take a look at our top 4 recommended dating sites.
With a user base of 40,000,000 from all around the world, Zoosk is one of the most established and successful online dating sites out there. This is good news for Muslims searching for like-minded potential partners.
Zoosk’s award-winning app is fun to use and easy to navigate. In the Google Play Store, the Zoosk dating app is ranked #1 in the dating category in the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, South Africa, and Belgium.
- Behavioral Matchmaking: Zoosk’s algorithm works ‘behind the scenes’ and improves your matches the more you use the site. It will come to recognize your patterns and preferences and start to hand-pick compatible matches for you each day.
- Speedy signup and easy to use: The site is streamlined to work cleanly and efficiently without overwhelming you with distractions or too many notifications. Signup will only take a few minutes and you’ll be able to browse singles right away.
- Advanced search option: To focus on finding someone with similar Islamic ideals, you can select the Advanced Search option (or ‘add filters’ on the mobile app) and refine your filters by ethnicity, religion, and other specific features.
- Photo verification: New members will be prompted to take a photo of themselves to make sure it matches photos uploaded to the site. This way you can be sure people are who they say they are.
Match was launched in 1995 and has a strong reputation for reliability and safety. Not only is it one of the largest online dating services around, but it also boasts the highest success rate of all the services in the online dating industry, setting up more dates, relationships, and marriages than its competitors. Definitely a good start for Muslim singles in search of a serious long-term partner!
The Match dating app is easy to download and use. A fun extra, available only on the app, is the ‘missed connections’ feature which allows users to find potential local dates that they have actually crossed paths with in real life.
- ‘Discover’: The ‘Discover’ section of the site lets you search for potential partners based on lifestyle choices that are important to you. This is a great way to discover whether potential matches share your Islamic values.
- Match guarantee: Match is so confident in its success that if you don’t find a compatible date in your first 6 months of membership, you’ll get another 6-month subscription for free.
- Detailed profile information: Profiles on Match include areas for describing in your own words what you’re looking for. The site also sends members 7 suggested matches each day that are based on personal compatibility.
OurTime is a niche dating site with a large member pool, which focuses on helping men and women over 50 find lasting love. The site is modern and designed to be simple and efficient. For the older Muslim single, this is one of the best options as profiles are detailed and it’s easy to filter searches to specific religious and ethnic preferences.
The OurTime dating app has all of the same features as the desktop version, with all icons and menu options clearly visible to users.
- ConnectMe: Once you’ve made a connection and you’re thinking about taking it further, the site can provide you with a virtual phone number. This allows users to enjoy talking to one another more freely while still protecting their privacy and identity.
- Ease-of-use: Both the site and the app are known for being extremely easy to sign up to and navigate, even for those who don’t consider themselves comfortable using technology.
- Upgraded member options: Top membership levels allow users to enjoy the full messaging function, see when their messages have been read, and who has added you to their ‘favorites’ list.
As the leading website for professional singles, EliteSingles is the top choice for anyone juggling a busy schedule of work, faith, family, and friends.
As it caters to the busy professional Muslim, EliteSingles is designed to work equally well on mobile devices, with its dating app offering you the chance to find compatible love while you’re on the go. The app allows full functionality of the dating site, and both are clean, quick, and easy to use.
- Personality analysis: While it takes a little longer to sign up, the detailed questionnaire filled out by users at signup is a great way to see how your personality matches up to other site members. Quite a bonus for Muslim singles searching for a lasting relationship!
- Intelligent matchmaking: One of EliteSingles’ most convenient services is its intelligent matchmaking tool. It picks out a small and select choice of your most compatible matches based on your personality questionnaire and sends you 3-7 profiles each day, saving you time flicking through endless profiles.
- ‘Wildcards’: Upgraded members can choose to receive up to 20 additional matches from the site every day.
What Muslim Singles Should Look For in a Dating Site
For single Muslims whose faith and culture is important to them, finding a dating site that takes long-term goals seriously is key. Here are some features to check out before deciding to sign up to an online dating site.
Is the site trustworthy? Make sure the website you choose is reputable, with a large user-base and good reviews from previous and current members. Trusting the site also means checking its privacy and security features—how does the site protect the identity of its members? Are all of its member accounts genuine? Does the site truly offer all that it promises for each level of subscription? A little homework before you start could save you some stress further on down the line.
Search filters: Good filters will help you prioritize what’s important to you. By narrowing your search to your ideal partner’s qualities, you are widening your chances of finding that special connection to someone who shares your beliefs and values. More advanced filters will also include personality traits as well as ethnicity or religion, which will help you find the most compatible partner on all levels.
Communication: Different dating sites allow members to communicate with each other on different levels—through instant messages, waves or ‘pokes,' or even chatting through a secure phone line. Definitely something to bear in mind to help you be as comfortable and confident as possible when contacting potential matches.
|Top Muslim Dating Sites||Free Offer|
|Zoosk||Sign up for free|
|Match||Free 7-day trial|
|OurTime||Create a free profile|
|EliteSingles||Register for free|
For Muslim singles today, online dating is one of the best ways to be upfront about what’s important to you in your search for a lasting relationship. With so many options to choose from, there’s no doubt that there are potential matches out there who share your values.