Many people turn to dating apps to find someone, whether it's for a long-term relationship or something more casual. Online dating has replaced matchmaking Yentas with smart algorithms and plenty of singles to choose from. But if you're Jewish and looking to date someone within your religion, it can be difficult to choose the right app for you.
If you're not sure which way to go, check out these best dating sites and apps for Jewish singles.
The Best Jewish Dating Sites & Apps in 2023:
- JDate - Best Jewish dating site overall
- Zoosk - Best for smart matching algorithm to find your perfect match
- EliteSingles - Best for sapiosexuals looking for educated singles
- OurTime - Best for Jewish singles over the age of 50
- Match.com - Best for large database of users
Our Top 10 Choices for The Best Dating Sites & Apps for Jewish Singles - Reviews:
Launched in 1997, JDate was one of the first online dating sites dedicated to Jewish singles. While you don’t have to be Jewish to use the site, it’s geared towards Jewish singles. You can search for partners based on various subcategories including Orthodox, Conservative, culturally Jewish, willing to convert, and many more. There is a surprising variety of ways to identify yourself and you can check off more than one so as not to limit yourself.
Try the JDate app for free, but like the site, you have to pay to be able to communicate with other members.
Why the chosen people choose JDate:
- Dedicated Jewish dating site
- Search by denomination
- Profile verification safety feature
While not exclusively for Jewish singles, Zoosk has over 35 million members around the world, which means it can compete with the best Jewish dating sites out there. Singles choose Zoosk because of its easy-to-use, intuitive design and its patented Behavioral Matchmaking system that learns from your on-site activity to improve match suggestions.
To search exclusively for Jewish singles, you can go to Advanced Search and check off “Jewish.” Further refine your search by specifying what you’re looking for according to appearance, education level, and ethnicity, among other options.
With a Zoosk paid membership, you get access to a variety of communication tools on the site and on the app, including Zoosk messenger that lets you SMS anyone on the network.
Why the chosen people choose Zoosk:
- Large and varied user-base
- Search exclusively for Jewish singles
- Photo verification feature
EliteSingles is the go-to dating site for career-minded Jewish singles. It has over 13 million members and allows you to search for partners based on religion, among other things. In addition to specifying that you’re looking to meet Jewish singles, you can also specify how important it is to you that potential matches be Jewish.
EliteSingles uses a matchmaking model based on personality testing in order to offer you the most compatible partners possible.
Why the chosen people choose EliteSingles:
- 82% of members are university graduates
- Specify how important it is that matches be Jewish
Dedicated to the 50+ crowd, OurTime is an excellent resource for mature Jewish singles looking for different kinds of relationships. The registration process is quick and the only mandatory information is your gender, the gender you’re looking for, location, username, password, and email address.
Once you register, you can fill out additional information that will help you find suitable matches. This includes an About Me section, photos and hobbies. This is also the time to specify that you’re looking for a Jewish partner.
Downloading the OurTime app is free, and like other dating sites, it allows you to to browse for potential matches just as you would on the site.
Why the chosen people choose OurTime:
- Search for 50+ Jewish singles
- Quick signup process
Match.com is one of the most well-known dating sites, so it’s no surprise that it also rates as one of the top Jewish dating sites. With over 30 million members and extensive search filters, it’s a great option for Jewish singles who prefer a dating site that performs matchmaking based on detailed personal information.
Like Zoosk, when you sign up to Match you have the option to search solely for Jewish members. Unlike Zoosk, the registration process is lengthier and you’re encouraged to build as complete a profile as you can.
With a Match paid membership, you get access to various communications methods both online and on mobile. Communication methods include instant messaging, email, removing members from view, seeing who’s viewed you, and a one-click search.
Why the chosen people choose Match:
- Free 7-day trial membership
- Search exclusively for Jewish singles
- Match live events in cities across the country
What is the Jewish Dating Culture Like?
Jewish dating culture is like most other cultures in the sense that there is a certain way to go about it. To help you understand it better, here are five things you should know about Jewish dating culture.
- Jewish culture places a high value on marriage - Marriage is considered to be one of the most important life events a Jew can experience. This is likely because of the strong family values that are ingrained in the Jewish culture.
- Jews often marry within their own religious denomination - One of the reasons for this is that Jewish people often have similar values and beliefs. Additionally, marrying within your own religious denomination can help create a strong support system for the couple.
- Dating is sometimes done in a group setting - Dating in a group setting is common in the Jewish dating culture. This allows singles to get to know each other better and helps reduce the pressure that can be felt when dating one-on-one.
- There is a lot of pressure to find the "right" partner - In the Jewish dating culture, there is a lot of pressure to find the "right" partner. This can be quite daunting for singles who are looking for their perfect match.
- It's okay to discuss religion - It is not uncommon to discuss religion before marriage in the Jewish dating culture. This can be an essential part of serious relationships, especially if one partner practices a different denomination from the other partner. If you're not Jewish, you can read more about dating Jewish singles as a non-Jew here.
Are Only Jewish People Allowed to Use Jewish Dating Apps and Sites?
No, you are not restricted at all from signing up to Jewish dating sites like JDate if you are not Jewish. In fact, many people who are not Jewish sign up to JDate because they appreciate the values and culture that Judaism represents.
JDate is simply a dating site that is geared specifically towards Jewish singles, and it can be a great place to meet people who share your values and interests.