Today, it’s more affordable than ever to invest in a quality security system for your home. Imagine how it would feel to have total peace of mind when you leave for work in the morning, go on holiday for a couple weeks, or go to bed at night.
The Best and Affordable Home Security Systems
- Comprehensive home security system with battery back-up
- 24-hour monitoring
- Custom solutions
- Can detect smoke, fire, carbon monoxide, and floods
- Access the system by mobile device, including real-time surveillance video
- Can be more expensive than some competitors
ADT has been an industry leader for decades and provides a wide range of home security options that can suit a wide range of clients. You can access your service remotely by way of your mobile device and access, arm, and disarm the system from anywhere that you have mobile reception. You can also incorporate a sophisticated video surveillance system, which you can also access remotely.
ADT is also known for quick, even same day installation, as well as 24/7 monitoring and customer service that can come in handy if need be.
- Lifetime warranty
- Several options to choose from (including mobile controls)
- Free installation
- Access to 24/7 monitoring
- Pricing model is difficult to decipher
Vivint is best suited to customers looking for free and professional installation, with non-stop monitoring. Customers are also able to control the smart system from anywhere with their mobile, making this option a convenient one.
- Everything works straight out of the box
- “Smash-proof” features for extra protection
- 24/7/365 monitoring
- Limited camera options
Another DIY system loaded with customization options, Frontpoint’s home security system combines hardwire, WiFi, and human monitoring to cover all the bases. You can purchase fully configured packages that include pre-programmed sensors and devices that work right away. Frontpoint’s hubs and keypads are protected by smash-proof technology and secured by 4G LTE cell connection along with internet backup for double protection.
How to Pick the Best System
There are a number of things to look out for and be mindful of when selecting the best home security system. Much of this depends on what you’re looking for, and your needs, but there are a few general points to keep in mind:
- Decide on whether you want a professional installation, or a DIY system — as explained above, there are a number of pros and cons when it comes to opting for a professionally installed home security system, or a DIY alternative.
- What level of home security are you looking for — some security systems will offer the usual alarm or surveillance system, and additionally protect you against smoke, fire and carbon monoxide.
- Make sure you know all costs involved — many people get drawn in by a low monthly fee, and don’t read the small print to see how much the upfront costs are. Decide how much you are willing to pay (and can afford to), and be sure to do your homework before making your decision.
- Check what you’re covered for — some home security companies will offer free maintenance and repairs included in your monthly bill, while others won’t. Some will also cover a certain level of the damages caused in the event of your home being broken into.
Secure Your Home Today
With so many reputable yet affordable home security companies to choose from, there’s no reason not to protect your home today.