In a Nutshell
- Comes with battery back-up
- 24-hour monitoring
- May be costly
- Costly add-ons
Features and Highlights
- Home Security System: ADT Authorized Premier Provider offers a complete home protection system that comes with a state-of-the-art equipment, 24/7 monitoring, quick installation, and security experts to guide you along the way.
- Additional benefits: ADT’s system can also help protect against smoke, fire, carbon monoxide, and floods.
- Mobile access: Customers can access their security systems through any smart device, which means you can remotely arm, disarm, and see real-time video surveillance from the palm of your hand.
- Initial consultation: ADT Authorized Premier Provider is well-known for quickly setting up initial consultations, sometimes even on the same day. This is a helpful service for homeowners who don’t want a long, drawn out installation process. With ADT Authorized Premier Provider, consumers can request a free quote and have a sales representative call them back with 24 hours.
- Quality: ADT Authorized Premier Provider is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and uses state-of-the-art equipment. Installation is done by trained professionals.
What ADT Offers
- Home security system that starts at $36.99 per month
- $850 in security equipment (including full-service digital touchpad, wireless keychain remote control, wireless sensors for windows/doors, built-in PIR motion sensor, battery backup, and indoor siren sounder)
- 24-hour monitoring
- Trained and background-checked security experts on staff
- ADT lawn sign and window sticker
- Quick installation
- Free quote
- Free customer support
Packages & Pricing
While ADT’s home security packages can suit a variety of needs, it’s worth mentioning that you should only contact ADT if you are serious about installing a home security system. Once you request a free quote, you will be contacted by a representative, quite possibly on the same day, as the fine print states:
By submitting the “Get a Free Quote” form, you consent to Protect Your Home using automated dialing technology to contact you at the number provided above regarding home security offers or by email marketing to the email provided. You are not required to provide this consent to make a purchase from us.
In other words, you will be contacted with sales offers—some you may be interested in, and some not.
ADT Authorized Premier Provider offers a number of security packages so that property owners can choose the one that suits them best. Moreover, once you request a free quote, you will be contacted quickly by one of ADT’s security experts to personally discuss the best options for your property.
In terms of the system itself, ADT Authorized Premier Provider provides all of the equipment, including a full-service digital touchpad with LCD display, a wireless keychain remote control, wireless sensors for windows and doors, a built-in PIR motion sensor, an indoor siren sounder, and a lawn sign and window sticker. Once your equipment is installed, you will be connected to ADT’s national security network, which provides 24/7 monitoring and alerts you immediately if something is amiss.
One of the main security offerings to note is ADT Pulse, the mobile app, which is not offered in every package. In addition to the actual security services offered, ADT Authorized Premier Provider will send a certified Security Advisor to potential new customers to guide them through the initial discussion of security options, conduct a risk assessment, and to customize a state-of the art system for their needs. The Security Advisor will also offer an in-home tutorial once installation is complete.
All ADT Authorized Premier Provider customers are connected to the ADT Security Network, which is made up of 150+ monitoring centers located throughout the United States. The staff at the monitoring centers are professionals who have undergone background checks and who have been trained in dealing with ADT home security equipment. ADT uses state-of-the-art technology that allows its home security systems to offer the maximum protection, and all systems are monitored 24/7.
How it works: Any time an alarm is triggered, a signal is sent immediately from your home/business to one of the home security professionals at an ADT monitoring center. The ADT professionals then alert you of the possible security breach; they also alert the police, fire department, or emergency personnel if relevant.
The ADT Pulse mobile app allows users ultimate control in monitoring their home/business even when they are out and about.
Monitoring equipment: ADT customers will receive the following monitoring equipment:
- Full-service digital touchpad with LCD display
- Wireless keychain remote control for instant access
- Wireless sensors for windows/doors
- Built-in PIR motion sensor
- Indoor siren sounder
ADT Authorized Premier Provider offers ADT Pulse, a mobile app that works in conjunction with an ADT-monitored home security system and allows customers to arm and disarm their systems, and receive system notifications from nearly anywhere in the world through their smartphones, tablets, and computers.
ADT Pulse is available in many ADT security packages, but not all. Customers who purchase packages that include Pulse access can use it on iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry and other web-enabled devices.
ADT Pulse allows you to:
- Manage and monitor your system remotely
- Arm or disarm your home security system from virtually anywhere in the world
- Get custom security alerts via text or email when someone enters your home
- Monitor your home for smoke, fire, and flooding
- Track who is in your home and when
Help & Support
ADT Authorized Premier Provider Customer Support can be reached Monday through Friday, between 8am and 12am, Saturday between 8am and 8pm, and Sunday between 11am and 7pm EST. (Not to be confused with the ADT Authorized Premier Provider monitoring system, which operates 24/7.)
The customer support staff can help customers with:
- Rescheduling and cancellations
- Equipment questions
- Billing and payment
- Monitoring Service
If you prefer the written word to speaking over the phone, you can contact customer support via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses are generally received within 48 hours.
ADT also has a helpful FAQ page and a “How to” series of YouTube videos that includes topics such as Make Sure Your Security System is Ready to Arm and Disarm Your Security System.
Potential customers can request a free quote, and within 48 hours will be contacted to set up an initial consult. (Sometimes, consultations can even be scheduled for the same day the request was made.)
Another incentive to choose ADT Authorized Premier Provider is that the company offers a money-back guarantee for the installation price and all monitoring fees if you are not satisfied within 6 months of installation. (Certain restrictions apply, so make sure to inquire what these are during your initial meeting with a security expert.)
ADT Authorized Premier Provider offers a number of security packages, but the basic ones come with 24 hour monitoring through the ADT Security Network, which is made up of 150+ monitoring centers located throughout the United States.
ADT Authorized Premier Provider is accredited by the Better Business Bureau and performs background checks all of its employees. Its staff is professional and knowledgeable, and its security experts can guide customers from the initial consult all the way to post-installation.
About ADT Authorized Premier Provider
ADT Authorized Premier Provider offers state-of-the-art security systems to homes and businesses throughout the United States. Services include 24/7 monitoring, hundreds of dollars in security equipment, and free customer support.
ADT Authorized Premier Provider protects the homes of hundreds of thousands of people in the United States each year. New customers can have their systems installed in less than 24 hours. While it has monitoring centers throughout the US, company headquarters is in Indianapolis, IN.