HelloFresh actually has plenty of paleo recipes with ingredients good for inflammation. But, without a paleo-friendly search filter, it can be somewhat challenging to search for them.
So, to help you navigate the menu and find what your diet needs, we've compiled this list of the best paleo-friendly HelloFresh meals to help battle inflammation.
» Want to know which delivery services cater to your diet? Check out our top 10 picks for meal delivery services.
1. HelloFresh's Paleo Hearty Steak and Potatoes
Ingredients: Steak, potatoes, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, cranberry jam, red cabbage, onion, mustard seeds, white wine vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, water
This hearty steak and potatoes recipe has lots of healthy red cabbage full of phytonutrients good for inflammation. It's also high in vitamin A, lutein, and zeaxanthin. Both lutein and zeaxanthin are associated with a lower risk of inflammation-induced diseases (1).
- In a baking tray, bake the potatoes with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper until ready
- In a pan, cook onion, cabbage, and mustard seeds at medium-high heat
- Stir in white wine vinegar, sugar, and salt, then cook until the cabbage is tender
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, then sear in a pan
- Make the sauce by mixing balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, cranberry jam, and water together and letting it simmer
- Slice the steak into thin pieces and serve
2. HelloFresh's Paleo Steakhouse-Style New York Strip Steak
Ingredients: New York strip steak, fingerling potatoes, heirloom grape tomatoes, horseradish powder, mixed greens, Italian seasoning, lemon, dijon mustard
This delicious steakhouse-style New York strip steak has a side of greens with high amounts of anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. Grape tomatoes have very decent amounts of vitamin C and lycopene with strong anti-inflammatory properties (2).
To make this paleo-friendly, you can skip out on the mayo and sour cream.
- Roast the potatoes with Italian seasoning, oil, salt, and pepper
- In a bowl, add the horseradish powder, salt, oil, and pepper
- In a pan, cook the steak with Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, add the greens and tomatoes and drizzle them with oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Add the steak and drizzle with the sauce and lemon
» Want a delivery service with meal plans that help you lose weight? Try Nutrisystem.
3. HelloFresh's Paleo Balsamic Chicken Rustico
Ingredients: Chicken breasts, grape tomatoes, garlic, Yukon gold potatoes, baby carrots, onion, balsamic vinegar, honey, and herbes de Provence
This balsamic chicken Rustico dish has vitamin C and lycopene (tomatoes) and diallyl disulfide (garlic) which both limit the effects of inflammation.
- Roast the potatoes, carrots, and Herbs de Provence with oil, salt, and pepper
- Cook the seasoned chicken at medium-high until it's almost cooked through
- In a pan, cook the onion and tomatoes with garlic, balsamic vinegar, and honey
- Bake the chicken with the cooked onion and tomato mix until ready
- Serve with the roasted veggies and add the glaze
4. HelloFresh's Paleo Korean Beef Bibimbap
Ingredients: Beef, zucchini, mushrooms, soy sauce, sriracha, carrots, garlic, ginger, spinach, bean sprouts, salt, pepper, rice, scallions, oil, vinegar
This healthy Korean beef dish is full of anti-inflammatory ingredients. To name them, the zucchini and carrots contain beta-carotene and vitamin C; the mushrooms have polysaccharides, terpenoids, and phenolic compounds; and the ginger and garlic have phenolic compounds.
- Boil the rice
- Marinate the scallion whites in a bowl with vinegar and salt
- In a different bowl, stir in sesame oil, sriracha, and soy sauce
- Cook the beef mince with the meat sauce
- Separately cook the zucchini, mushrooms, and other veggies in oil
- Season with sea salt and pepper
- In a bowl, add the cooked rice, meat, veggies, and sauce
- Garnish with some green onions
» Want paleo meals delivered to your door? Here are our picks for the best paleo meal delivery services.
5. HelloFresh's Paleo Cranberry Thyme Chicken
Ingredients: Chicken, potatoes, brussels sprouts, cranberry jam, dried thyme, red onion, chicken stock concentrate, fry seasoning
This sweet and salty cranberry thyme chicken has healthy brussels sprouts loaded with vitamins and minerals. It also has potent antioxidants and high fiber that are anti-inflammatory and have neuroprotective properties.
Just leave out the sour cream and butter to make this completely paleo-friendly.
- Roast the veggies in oil
- Coat the dried chicken with the spices and cook in the pan with oil
- In another pan, cook the stock concentrate, cranberry jam, water, thyme, lemon wedge juice, and sugar
- Cut the chicken into pieces and serve with the veggies and sauce
6. HelloFresh's Paleo Chipotle-Rubbed Chicken Salad
Ingredients: Chicken breasts, black beans, grape tomatoes, dried oregano, avocado, jalapeno, lime, red onions, chipotles in adobo, citronette dressing, pico de gallo, olive oil, romaine lettuce, scallions, salt, pepper
This chicken salad with pico de gallo and avocado is quite healthy, as avocados are full of healthy fats and phytosterols that can fight inflammation.
- Add sliced avocado and romaine lettuce to a plate, then drizzle with citronette dressing
- Make the dressing with lime and olive oil
- In a bowl, add chopped onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers with squeezed lime, salt, and pepper
- Cook the veggies, beans, jalapenos, and scallions
- Marinate the chicken with lime zest, adobo sauce, salt, and pepper, then cook
- Serve the salad topped with beans, sliced chicken, pico de gallo, and scallion greens
» On a strict paleo diet? Here are the foods you should avoid when on a paleo diet.
7. HelloFresh's Paleo Cherry Balsamic Pork
Ingredients: Pork tenderloin, broccoli, fingerling potatoes, veg oil, salt, pepper, cherry preserves, balsamic vinegar, salt, sugar, shallot
HelloFresh's cherry balsamic pork is a three-piece meal of healthy delights. Broccoli is anti-inflammatory and full of nutrients like vitamins (A, C, K, E, B2, B3, B6, and B1), chromium, manganese, copper, magnesium, selenium, potassium, zinc, protein, iron, and omega-3 fatty acids.
The original recipe contains butter, so skip this if you're on a strict paleo diet.
- Roast the potatoes with oil, thyme, salt, and pepper
- Cook the pork to medium, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Cook broccoli in the oven with a drizzle of oil, salt, and pepper
- Make the glaze with the shallot, cherry preserves, water, vinegar, salt, sugar, and pepper
- Add the pork to the glaze and cut it into pieces
- Serve the dish with the potatoes and broccoli and drizzle with the remaining glaze
8. HelloFresh's Paleo Maple Mustard Chicken Legs
Ingredients: Chicken legs, Yukon gold potatoes, pecans, dijon mustard, fry seasoning, green beans, maple syrup
This is quite a balanced chicken legs recipe. Mustard has demonstrated anti-inflammatory properties, especially in its derived oil (3).
Remember to leave out sour cream for this recipe as it's not paleo-friendly.
- Season the dried chicken with fry seasoning, salt, and pepper, then roast
- Cook the potatoes and mash them with olive oil, nutmeg, salt, and pepper
- In a bowl, stir in maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper, then microwave until thickened
- Roast the green beans in the oven with olive oil
- Serve the chicken and mashed potatoes, with sprinkled pecans over green beans
- Add the sauce to the chicken
9. HelloFresh's Paleo Tunisian Spiced Chicken Salad
Ingredients: Chicken, Tunisian spice, salt, pepper, carrots, spinach, harissa powder, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, apricot jam, chicken stock concentrate, almonds, shallot, sugar, olive oil, salt, pepper
This exotic Tunisian spiced chicken salad has anti-inflammatory spinach (vitamin K & E, with plant phenols) and almonds (vitamin E and healthy fats).
- Roast the carrots in the oven with harissa powder, salt, and pepper
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, water, and salt
- Add in the shallots and microwave for 30 seconds
- In a second bowl, whisk together jam, mustard, the shallot-pickling liquid, salt, pepper, and olive oil
- In a pan, add stock and the dressing with some water
- Season the dried chicken with Tunisian spice, salt, and pepper
- Cook the chicken until brown while adding stock concentrate
- Once done, cut the chicken crosswise and put it in a bowl
- Add the spinach, the remaining dressing, the carrots, and the shallots
- Garnish with almonds
10. HelloFresh's Paleo One-Pan Chicken and Couscous Pilaf
Ingredients: Chicken breast, couscous, scallions, almonds, hot sauce, Roma tomato, peas, Turkish spice, hot sauce, lemon
This one-pan chicken and couscous pilaf is popularly known as the feast of the Middle East. To make this paleo-friendly, you can simply skip the butter and sour cream.
Couscous is a great source of selenium, a potent antioxidant that helps reduce inflammation.
- Cook the chicken in a pan with olive oil
- In another bowl, add some water, stock concentrate, and couscous
- Heat it in a microwave for 2 minutes
- In a bowl, add hot sauce, salt, and water
- In a pan, add olive oil, peas, tomato, scallions, almonds, and Turkish spice, and cook
- Add these veggies to the couscous and mix them well
- Place the chicken pieces and garnish with scallions and almonds
Even though you cannot set a filter for paleo dishes, many of HelloFresh's recipes can be easily tweaked to remove non-paleo ingredients while retaining their anti-inflammatory properties. So, just have a look around and pick what appeals to you.
» Looking for good paleo desserts? Here are the best paleo dessert recipes you should try.