In a Nutshell
- Recipes take around 30 minutes and have just 6 steps
- Utilizes a variety of flavors, cuisines and cooking techniques
- Flexibility to pause or cancel a plan at any time
- Not for singles
- No dessert options
- Busy couples who want to spend less time meal planning and grocery shopping
- People looking for a nutritious and balanced alternative to frozen meals
- Anyone who wants to get inspired and enjoy cooking delicious and simple meals
Customers Are Raving
“Sometimes when I come home I’m struggling and I’m like, I don’t know what to make for dinner. It was always the same thing. That’s why HelloFresh works for us.”
Tre and Rich
“I’m not that skilled in the world of cooking. Not only do they [HelloFresh] give you the ingredients, tell you how to make it, but they portion everything out. It’s taking out all the stress of it. It’s like a life hack.”
Ryan and Ramsey
“The first thing my Dylan says when he comes in from school is, ‘are you making HelloFresh tonight?’ It was simple, 30 minutes, I’m like yes, I’m in it for that. It’s changed my life.”
What’s Unique About HelloFresh?
HelloFresh is a unique and fun option for anyone who feels like their eating habits are suffering due to a busy lifestyle or a lack of culinary skills. You can order 3, 4 or 5 Classic Plan meals per week. They come in portions for either 2 or 4 people, making it perfect for both couples and families alike. The ingredients come pre-measured with recipes that have just 6 steps and come together in around 30 minutes. There are vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free, and vegan options.
- Delicious and responsibly sourced ingredients delivered to your door
- Classic, Vegetarian, or Family Plans
- The option to customize with Fit, Quick or Variety preferences
- One Hall of Fame meal a week (the all-star recipe that customers love most)
- One Premium meal a week (elegant recipes with handpicked selection of premium ingredients)
- One Breakfast option a week (for those breakfast-for-dinner nights or weekend mornings)
- A fully stocked online Kitchenware shop with the best chef-approved kitchen essentials
- Premium wines hand-selected to pair with HelloFresh meals as part of the Wine Club
HelloFresh follows the following recycling guidelines:
- Insulating liners – The honeycomb paperboard is curbside friendly. The summer liners will need to be taken to a recycling center. Winter liners can go in the trash.
- Ice packs – Water-soluble contents can be emptied into the trash (not down the sink). The plastic pack can be recycled.
- HelloFresh box – Can be folded and discarded with your regular recyclables
- Separator and meal kits – All 100% curbside friendly.
HelloFresh’s Kitchenware collection includes some must-haves such as a recipe card binder so that home cooks can keep their recipes handy to recreate as they extend their own repertoire. The online shop includes knives, oven to tableware, cleanup tools and storage extras, plus eco-friendly elements such as an odor-eliminating compost bin.
A really unique element is the HelloFresh kits. These are specially curated collections of utensils or products which suit a particular need, such as a Tiny Tummies Kit for budding sous chefs to get started in the kitchen.
Other kits which caught our eye include:
- The Aftermath Kit: Great for cleanup and storage, this includes a dish scrubber, storage containers, soap dispenser and kitchen towels.
- The Quick-Fix Kit: Home cooks can cut down on prep time with a digital kitchen timer, garlic press, citrus squeezer, potato masher and food chopper.
- The Starter Kit: We love this beginners kit, which includes a zester-grater, spatula, olive wood spoon, multifunction peeler and some elevated steel tongs.
All products are sold from trusted partners such as Joseph Joseph and Microplane, as well as some HelloFresh originals.
How It Works
To get started, simply sign in using Facebook or enter your email address and choose a password. Select either the Classic Plan, Veggie Plan or Family Plan. The Classic Plan allows the most choice with 15 delicious recipes each week compared to 3 hand picked recipes for both the Veggie and Family Plans. The Veggie Plan is simply meat and fish free, while the Family Plan will suit picky eaters and children.
Choose between 2 and 4 people for the Classic Plan, and whether your household would like 3, 4 or 5 meals per week. Shipping is always free. You’ll be immediately prompted to enter a delivery address and will be shown available delivery dates and times. Unlike many other meal kit services, you can choose the delivery date that works best for you. Lastly, choose to pay by either credit/debit card or through PayPal. The plan will auto-renew each week. As a flexible service, orders can be paused or cancelled at any time with 5 days notice.
HelloFresh has a qualified team of chefs and dietitians on staff to craft delicious, balanced recipes simple enough to cook at home. With a wide variety of meal options, customers can make certain preferences and omissions clear.
At the moment, the Classic Plan allows for the following customization options:
Within the Classic Plan, customers can also choose from the following lifestyle preferences:
- Fit: The most wholesome, nutritionally dense and balanced meals on the menu (around 650 calories per serving).
- Quick: The simplest and quickest recipes that take 30 minutes or less.
- Variety: Recipes featuring new ingredients or techniques for those craving something different (but still totally doable).
The Classic Plan also includes the weekly Hall of Fame meal (the all-star recipe customers love most), the Premium option (elegant recipe with a handpicked selection of premium ingredients), and Breakfast recipe.
There is also a Veggie Plan, with recipes that include plant-based proteins, hearty grains and seasonal produce. Opt for the Family Plan to receive meals that suit tiny tummies and adults alike.
All meals can be viewed weeks in advance and Classic Plan customers can choose between 15 weekly recipes. With a wide variety of meat, fish, poultry, pasta, produce and grains, there’s something for everyone.
All the pre-measured ingredients are sent with easy-to-follow, 6-step recipes complete with nutritional information and cooking tips.The only ingredients you won’t find in the box are salt, pepper, sugar, oil and butter. The recipes are marked by difficulty level to help customers choose what they would like for the coming week.
Favorite HelloFresh Meals
1. Crushed peppercorn steak with creamed kale and potato wedges
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cooking difficulty: level 1
2. Lobster ravioli and shrimp with tomatoes and tarragon cream sauce
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking difficulty: level 1
3. Veggie chorizo tacos with kiwi salsa and lime crema
Prep time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: level 1
Price per serving
*Last updated: April 2018
Pricing is transparent and affordable. As a blanket rule, every serving costs $9.99. The only exception here is the Family Plan, which comes in at $8.74 per serving. Shipping is always free.
Help & Support
The account management section of the site can help with troubleshooting, especially when users are first starting out with HelloFresh. There is also a comprehensive FAQ section that covers everything a customer might want to know about the service. If you still can’t find the help you need, call Customer Care or reach out via social media.
HelloFresh - It's What's for Dinner
HelloFresh has a variety of options depending on what you’re looking for. All recipes are outlined step by step, and ingredients are responsibly sourced, pre-measured, and delivered weekly for 2 or 4 people. HelloFresh offers dinner and breakfast meal kits that can make your life a whole lot easier and tastier.
*The information on this site is based on research, but should not be treated as medical advice. Before beginning any new diet plan, we recommend consulting with a physician or other professional healthcare provider. Results may vary based on various health factors, individual weight loss plans and adherence to the meal plan.