In a Nutshell
- 100% plant-based organic meals
- Order a la carte or by subscription
- Bundles include shopping guides and meal plans
- Menu options could be more diverse
- Shipping costs depend on location
- Parents interested in healthier family dinners
- People looking to test out plant-based eating
- Busy, health-conscious professionals
What’s Unique About MamaSezz?
MamaSezz is less concerned about fad diets than it is about holistic, sustainable eating. Unlike other meal delivery services, which focus on diets trending at the time, MamaSezz aims to create a diverse, thoughtful menu that hits all the notes of a healthy diet without sacrificing variety. All meals are made of organic whole-foods and share some key similarities, namely that they’re vegetarian, non-dairy, gluten-free, and free of preservatives and refined sugars.
How It Works
MamaSezz ships everywhere in the US, including Alaska and Hawaii, but shipping charges increase proportionally the further you are from the New Hampshire headquarters. Shipping costs are broken down into 4 zones. The company offers free shipping on orders over $89 for any location in zone 1 (mostly East Coast locations), and costs go up from there for the other zones. Though shipping costs to locations on the East Coast are very reasonable, they can go as high as $69 per box for addresses in Colorado, California, and parts of the Midwest.
Ordering from MamaSezz is a simple and stress-free process with plenty of room for flexibility. Customers can choose from an a la carte menu or daily or weekly meal plans.
To place an order, simply choose your meals from the online menu by Sunday at 8 pm ET. These will be delivered by Thursday or Friday the following week. Meals arrive in refrigerated boxes. Once your shipment has arrived, store them in your fridge until you’re ready to eat.
The meals themselves are fully pre-made. Follow the instructions on the package and enjoy.
Stews, soups, and plant-based pastas are main staples on MamaSezz’s menu. It features dozens of dishes, many of which are kid-friendly, that are made from organic produce and packed with nutrients and proteins. All dishes are vegetarian and gluten-free, though hearty eaters will find at least a few options such as veggie burgers and meatless meatloafs alongside lighter fare.
Favorite MamaSezz Meals
1. Gardener’s Pie
A healthy spin on shepherd's pie made with sweet onions, lentils, corn, peas, carrots, and vegetable broth
$5.66 per serving
Calories per serving: 210
2. Turmeric Chickpea Scramble
An energizing, protein-packed breakfast dish packed with chickpeas, brown rice, spinach, mushrooms, and date syrup
$5 per serving
Calories per serving: 170
3. Mama’s Burger
MamaSezz veggie loaf made with oats, sweet onions, zucchini, and mushrooms, and topped with a mix made from walnuts, tamari, and granulated garlic
$3.25 per serving
Calories per serving: 270
MamaSezz offers both bundles and a la carte options. Bundles can be ordered as a one-time purchase or on a subscription basis. Though there are many bundles offered based on meals per week and diet preferences, here is a breakdown of the signature bundles:
The Get Me Started bundle includes:
- Millie’s Chili - 3 servings
- Mama’s Burgers - 4 servings
- Lazy Lasagna - 3 servings
- Moroccan Stew - 3 servings
- Quinoa Stack - 3 servings
- Gardener's Pie - 3 servings
- Veggie Sausage - 3 servings
- Granola - 5 servings per bag
- Brochure of everything included in bundle
- Suggested daily meal plan
The Family bundle is recommended for a 4-person family and includes 9 meals and 3 snacks:
- Mama’s Burgers
- Veggie Sausage
- Gardener’s Pie
- Lazy Lasagna
- Corn Chowdah
- Millie’s Chili
- Scalloped Potatoes
- Kid Friendly Love It Loaf
- Mama’s Mac Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Brochure of everything included in the box
- Suggested daily meal plan
The Just for Me bundle is designed to feed one person for a week, and includes:
- Small Mama's Burger Pack - 2 servings
- Small Gardener's Pie -1.75 servings
- Small Lazy Lasagna -1.75 servings
- Small Bolognese With Pasta -1.75 servings
- Small Mama's Mac -1.75 servings
- Small Quinoa Salad-1.75 servings
- Lentil Dhal with Quinoa - 1.75 servings
- Turmeric Chickpea Scramble - 1.75 servings
- Black Bean Bowl - 1.75 servings
- Cajun Mashed Potatoes (side dish) - 2 servings
- Scalloped Potatoes (side dish) - 2 servings
- Small Granola - 3 servings
- Brochure of everything included in the meal
- Suggested daily meal plan
In addition to the above packages, MamaSezz also offers an Athlete’s Bundle, soy-free bundle, and Summer Grill Out Party Pack bundle that includes a robust selection of veggie burgers and kabobs, cornbread, salads, dips, condiments, seasoning packs and more.
Help & Support
MamaSezz is available by email and Facebook message only, though the fact that it operates brick-and-mortar kitchens in New Hampshire and Vermont, where locals are free to pick up their meals instead of having them delivered, makes it seem as though the owners are available and easily accessible to their customers.
MamaSezz’s mission is to make healthy eating accessible and headache-free, and to that extent it’s a success. The a la carte options with no minimum order amount allows even the most non-commital to experiment with plant-based eating, and gives busy parents and professionals the flexibility to tailor each week’s meals to their changing schedules. The meals themselves are organic, plant-based, and designed to promote healthy lifestyles, which is evident by the thoughtfully planned recipes and garden-variety of colors and textures from one dish to the next. Though foodies and adventurous eaters won’t find much to stimulate them, MamaSezz is a solid choice for anyone looking for an entryway into refining their lifestyle and introducing healthier foods into their workweek.