When it comes to present-day humans, can paleo dishes live up to their expectations? To answer this, we'll share 10 paleo recipes that will surely delight your guests.
» Want your next meal delivered? Check out our top 10 picks for the best meal delivery services.
1. Paleo Zucchini Chip Starters
Ingredients: Zucchini, salt, pepper, paprika, olive oil
Zucchini chips can be a great starter for guests. It's a healthier alternative to potato chips and is full of flavor, vitamins, minerals, and plant compounds that are good antioxidants.
- Slice some zucchini
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes
2. Roasted Paleo Cauliflower Hummus Starter
Ingredients: Cauliflower, olive oil, water, tahini, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, sea salt
Served with chips or steamed vegetables, this is a delicious dip. Cauliflower has high fiber, low carb, and high antioxidant levels. It's also high in vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, and minerals such as manganese and potassium.
- Roast the cauliflower for 35-40 minutes in a preheated oven
- Blend with olive oil, water, tahini, garlic, cumin, lemon juice, and sea salt
- Sprinkle some paprika on it
» Want paleo meals easily delivered to you? Try some of the best paleo meal delivery services.
3. Paleo Cassava Flour Pancake Dessert
Ingredients: Cassava flour, baking powder, milk
These pancakes are easy to make and great as a dessert for your guests. Cassava flour is free of gluten, dairy, and refined grain. This root vegetable is also rich in vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin.
- In a bowl, add 1-2 tablespoons of cassava flour with a pinch of baking powder
- Add milk for consistency
- Heat on a griddle
4. Paleo Zucchini Lasagna Main
Ingredients: Minced beef, zucchini, olive oil, onion, tomato sauce, paleo marinara sauce, basil, dairy-free cheese
A paleo spin on a modern classic, this lasagna is gluten-free, dairy-free, and healthy. Perfect as a main.
- Cook minced beef with olive oil
- Add onion, tomato sauce, paleo marinara sauce, and basil
- Slice the zucchini into long thin slices like lasagna sheets
- Place the zucchini in a baking pan and add the cooked saucy beef
- Add non-dairy cheese and basil leaves
- Bake in a preheated oven
» Not sure what counts as paleo? Here are the paleo diet foods you should avoid.
5. Paleo Lemon Blueberry Scones Dessert
Ingredients: Almond flour, baking soda, salt, lemon zest
This scone recipe has healthy blueberries. High in fiber, vitamin C and K1, and manganese, blueberries reduce the risk of many diseases (1). Furthermore, lemon is high in vitamin C, and almond flour is rich in vitamin E and antioxidants.
- Stir almond flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest in a bowl
- Mix with eggs, honey, and fresh lemon juice
- Stir till a dough is formed
- Gently fold in the blueberries
- Bake for 18-20 minutes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Paleo Devilled Eggs Starter with Pancetta and Asparagus
Ingredients: Eggs, diced pancetta, cayenne pepper, dijon mustard, smoked paprika, white pepper, asparagus spears
This paleo breakfast is low-carb, gluten-free, and dairy-free. Eggs have high-quality protein, healthy fats, and essential vitamins and minerals.
- Hardboil some eggs
- Cook pancetta in a medium-sized skillet
- Trim asparagus tips and add to the skillet
- Once the eggs are ready, peel them and separate the yolk
- Blend the yolks with mayonnaise, dijon mustard, white pepper, and cayenne
- Add the pancetta to the mix
- Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg whites
- Top with asparagus tips
» Want dietitian-approved organic meals delivered to your door? Try Factor_.
7. Paleo Chia Pudding Dessert
Ingredients: Chia seeds, coconut milk, water, honey, vanilla essence, cinnamon powder, berries, nuts, coconut, almond flakes, slice fruits
This pudding is a great dessert option. Chia seeds provide you with plant-based omega-fatty acids and are high in vitamins C and E, zinc, manganese, phosphorus, calcium, and copper. They are also rich sources of protein and fiber (2).
- Soak chia seeds overnight in a jar with coconut milk and water
- Add some honey, vanilla essence, and cinnamon powder
- Layer with berries, nuts, coconut, almond flakes, and sliced fruits
8. Paleo Chicken Salad Main
Ingredients: Chicken, apple, onion, celery, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, paleo mayonnaise, rosemary, thyme, sage, lettuce, lemon juice, salt, pepper
You can either serve this dish as a side or main. It's healthy and high in protein, vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
- Boil the chicken and shred it
- Slice apples, celery, and onions
- Add cranberries and pecans
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Make the dressing separately with mayo, garlic, herbs, and lemon juice
- Add the dressing and mix
» Want to snack on paleo-friendly desserts? Try these paleo dessert recipes.
9. Baked Paleo Chicken Main with Broccoli and Sweet Potato
Ingredients: Broccoli, sweet potato, chicken thighs, avocado or olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, sea salt, pepper
Sweet potato is high in vitamins A, C, and B6, pantothenic acid, potassium, manganese, copper, and niacin. Broccoli is chock full of essential nutrients linked to bone strength and heart health.
- In an oven dish, spread the chicken evenly with veggies
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and other spices
- Add your oil
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes
10. Baked Paleo Salmon Main with Tomato and Avocado Salsa and Fried Asparagus
Ingredients: Salmon, avocado, paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper, garlic, oil, tomato, lemon juice, coriander leaves
Salmon is incredibly nutritious and full of heart-healthy fats. High in protein, vitamin D, and selenium, salmon supports healthy aging. Avocado also helps regulate your cholesterol.
- Mix paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt, pepper, garlic, and oil
- Rub this on the salmon and fry
- Make the salsa separately with avocado, tomato, onions, lemon juice, coriander leaves, and salt
Blast From the Past
Paleo has enough variety that it's easy to prepare and serve to guests as starters, mains, and desserts. All you need are some healthier alternatives to your usual ingredients, and you can have a meal that your guests (and your ancestors even) would enjoy.
» Want a delivery service that caters to your diet? Try Home Chef.