Jenny Craig Is Closing Its Doors
For years the Jenny Craig diet plan promised its customers that their program would help them lose weight fast. And for many, they managed to keep that promise. So it's no wonder they remained the top pick for so long. But after four decades in the business, Jenny Craig Diet Plan has confirmed that it is closing its doors.
For those seeking an alternative, have no fear, the weight loss market is filled with options that cater to a wide range of lifestyles and preferences. So if you are someone who is trying to make a change, there are plenty of weight loss programs available that can provide you with the guidance and support you need to reach your health goals.
In this article, we've rounded up our pick of the best weight loss plans for 2023, giving you fun alternatives to the traditional approach. Let's dive in and discover some exciting new paths to a healthier, happier you!
Our 5 Best Jenny Craig Alternatives & Competitors:
- Factor_ - Best Jenny Craig alternative overall
- Nutrisystem - Best for Women, men, diabetics and vegetarians
- BistroMD - Best for gluten-free, diabetics or menopausal women
- Optavia - Best for meal supplements
- Mayo Clinic - Best for changing bad habits to maintain a healthy lifestyle
A Closer Look at Our Picks for Jenny Craig Alternatives - Quick Reviews:
Factor_ provides fully prepared meals made from high-quality, fresh ingredients, and caters to various dietary preferences. The meals are chef-designed, free from gluten, soy, and antibiotics, making them perfect for individuals with special dietary needs.
The program is flexible, allowing you to choose the number of meals you want to receive each week and pause or cancel at any time. It also offers a personalized dietitian service to help you reach your health goals and answer any nutrition-related questions you may have.
How does Factor_ Meal Delivery compare to Jenny Craig?
- With Factor_ your meal plan options are more flexible than what Jenny Craig offers. You can choose from a variety of meal plans, including paleo, low-carb, and vegetarian.
- Factor_ offers personalized advice from an expert dietitian to help you reach your health goals. The program also has the option to generate your genetic profile which ensures you are getting the right amount of macronutrients for your body.
- Factor_ is more affordable than Jenny Craig, with plans starting at $11 per meal and a 20% discount on your first order. Jenny Craig has a more expensive upfront cost and a recurring monthly fee, making it less accessible to those on a tight budget.
Nutrisystem offers standard and customized meal plans that are based on a schedule of 6 small meals spread throughout the day, to keep you satisfied and prevent cravings.
Like Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem offers both a diet plan and food delivery, with shipments arriving within 4-10 business days. Another handy feature is its NuMi app, which integrates with many other health apps, and includes tips, recipes, and a barcode scanner for easy tracking.
How does Nutrisystem compare to Jenny Craig?
- Nutrisystem’s Turbo13 promises to help you shed up to 13 lbs and 7 inches in just 1 month. This is a significantly quicker weight loss program than Jenny Craig’s standard 16 lbs in 16 weeks.
- Nutrisystem is very conscious of the fact that each person has their own eating preferences, and offers personalized meal plans for men, diabetics, vegetarians, and other individual needs.
- Thanks to its à la carte snacks option, this is the ideal choice for those who can’t diet without snacking.
BistroMD is designed for people who want to lose weight but have a busy schedule and little to no time for meal prep. It offers customized meal plans and food delivery to suit every individual’s needs.
In fact, the first thing you’ll see when you enter the BistroMD website is a form asking you to fill out your height, weight, and goal weight. Just click on “get my results” to see what BistroMD can offer you.
One of its dedicated weight loss physicians will design your plan; all you need to do is heat up the food, enjoy, and watch as your weight drops.
How does BistroMD compare to Jenny Craig?
- BistroMD has menu options to satisfy many different requirements, with standard, gluten-free, diabetic, and menopause plans.
- Customizable plans are available for people outside of the “average” size or height.
- BistroMD is the only diet meal delivery program that focuses on treating dysfunctional metabolism, a common problem that prevents many people from losing weight.
Optavia is a diet plan that aims to help people lose weight by following a low-calorie diet and incorporating healthy habits into their daily routines. The program offers coaching support to help participants stay motivated and on track, as well as a wide range of meal replacement products and recipes to help simplify the dieting process.
Optavia's diet plan consists of three main phases: the weight-loss phase, the transition phase, and the maintenance phase. During the weight-loss phase, participants follow a low-calorie diet consisting of five Optavia meal replacements and one lean and green meal per day. The transition phase gradually reintroduces regular meals and snacks, while the maintenance phase focuses on maintaining healthy habits and weight loss.
How does Optavia compare to Jenny Craig?
- Optavia has a structured meal plan with meal replacements during weight loss, while Jenny Craig offers a flexible meal plan with pre-packaged meals, snacks, and grocery store options.
- Optavia's program is primarily online-based, with coaching support provided via phone or video calls. Jenny Craig has both online and in-person coaching options.
- Optavia is generally less expensive than Jenny Craig, but costs may vary based on individual needs.
5. Mayo Clinic
The Mayo Clinic Diet can help you identify bad eating habits and make the right changes to your diet for a healthy lifestyle.
The diet plan also adds the right amount of physical activity to your schedule, according to individual needs. It offers meal and exercise plans, 100s of delicious recipes, motivational lifestyle tips, and an iPhone app to help track weight and eating habits.
The program is split into 2 sections: “Lose it” is the first 2 weeks of the diet plan and is designed to help you lose those first 6-10 lbs quickly and safely. “Live it” is where Mayo’s expertise really kicks in, by helping you transition toward steady weight loss and good long-term habits.
How does Mayo Clinic compare to Jenny Craig?
- Mayo was formed in 1889, almost a century before Jenny Craig, and it has 12 experts in nutrition, wellness, and clinical health psychology on staff.
- Mayo is cheaper for the first year, with no enrolment fee and just a flat $5/month, billed at $65 each quarter.
- This is very much for the long-term dieter whose goal is to develop good habits and achieve sustainable weight loss.
As with anything in life, what is best for one person isn’t necessarily best for another. The weight loss plans listed above offer diet coaching and meal delivery plans that cater to different weight loss goals, lifestyles, food preferences, and budgets.
Go for the biggest name in the industry, or try shopping around to see what the competition has to offer. Chances are one of these diet programs is just what you need to get healthy.