In a Nutshell
- 150+ menu options
- Eat 6 meals a day
- A la carte menu options
- Orders take 4-10 business days to arrive
- Limited options for substitutions
Video Review: Maintain a Healthy Lifestyle With Nutrisystem
- Best for: Women, men, diabetics and vegetarians
- Support: Dietitians and counselors
- Pricing: As low as $9.96/day
- $100 off + free shakes + free shipping
What’s Unique About Nutrisystem?
Nutrisystem is designed to help real people lose weight. Here’s why Nutrisystem has worked for so many people:
- It’s easy to stick to
- You get delicious, healthy meals delivered
- The balanced plan ignites healthy fat-burning
Nutrisystem isn’t designed to get you to eat less, or to have you feeling deprived. The diet instead encourages you to eat frequent, small meals. On the diet, you’ll eat 6 pre-portioned meals a day, including snacks.
The meals and snacks you’ll enjoy are crafted by nutritional experts and delivered to your door. In addition to the nutritionist-designed meals, with Nutrisystem you can also get advice and help from weight loss coaches, registered dietitians and diabetes educators.
With Nutrisystem, you can rest easy knowing the program works. If you don’t lose weight in the first 14 days, you can get your money back.
Dieters Are Raving
“I didn't feel like I was on a diet. I was enjoying a variety of foods and for the first time in my life, I had started to gain control of my weight! I felt like I had my life back!” Michelle R.
“I love the way I feel now! I even love eating healthier foods. There's no question: Nutrisystem changed my life and I'm just so happy I gave it a chance!” Dean M.
“I didn't have to stress about what food to eat, or have to worry about counting calories or points. I was hooked! Once the first 10 lbs. were shed, I realized I finally found something that worked for me.” Allison F.
How It Works
Ready to start losing weight with Nutrisystem? Here’s how it works:
1. Pick your plan:Choose between 4 plans: Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours or Uniquely Yours Plus. You can further customize your plan for men, women, diabetics or vegetarians.
2. Head to the checkout page: Now that you’ve picked out your preferred meal plan, you’ll be taken to the checkout page, where you’ll fill out your height, weight, gender, and goal weight.
3. Pick a menu: This step should be the most fun. You’ll see food options displayed on your screen, with a counter on the top right that shows you how many meals are left to pick. Select the chef-designed meals that look most appealing to you.
4. Receive your food:Once your order is complete, food will be shipped and delivered within 4-10 business days. When your order arrives, the box will include:
- All meals and snacks
- Quick-start guide
- Eating out guide
- Daily tracker for eating tips and how to shop for the fresh grocery extras
What You'll Eat
Nutrisystem has over 150 menu items to choose from, so you won’t get easily bored with the food options. Portions are small, and you’re encouraged to eat often, so variety is important.
Dinner dishes vary, with pasta, pizza and risottos all on the menu. Nutrisystem is a fitting choice for people who are used to eating out and don’t want to lose that kind of cuisine as they try to lose weight.
Some of the lunch options might surprise you, as they include some more traditional snack foods such as granola bars. There are also more filling options like wraps, tortilla soup, broccoli rice and a 4-cheese melt.
Sweet snacks include chocolate bars, ice cream sandwiches, cookies, and cakes. There are also savory snack choices such as crisps, pretzels, garlic rounds, nuts, and salty snack mixes. There are 3 types of shakes—Chocolate, Vanilla, and a mix of both.
Nutrisystem’s food is naturally healthier and has fewer calories than store-bought alternatives for a few reasons:
No artificial flavors
No artificial colors
Nearly all items have zero preservatives
In addition, all plans align with national guidelines for fat, saturated fat, trans fat, sodium, carbs, fiber, protein and sugars.
Here is an example of what you’ll eat on an average day with Nutrisystem:
- 7am breakfast: Honey Wheat Bagel
- 10am morning snack: Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Nut Bar
- 12pm lunch: White Bean Chicken Chili
- 4pm afternoon snack: Sweet and Salty Snack Mix
- 7pm dinner: Penne Bolognese with Meat Sauce
- 9pm evening snack: Lemon Zest Cake
Nutrisystem Mobile App
Nutrisystem’s NuMi app seamlessly integrates with many other health apps and devices such as Fitbit, Apple Health, and Jawbone. The app is free and comes with the following capabilities:
Barcode scanner for easy nutritional tracking
Complete database of the Nutrisystem entrees
Physical activity ideas to boost your diet
Newsfeed with tips, videos and guidelines for healthy living
Recipes and restaurant recommendations
With Nutrisystem, you can choose between 3 plans, according to your personal needs and budget. The Basic Plan is the cheapest option and offers the least flexibility. If you’re happy to sit back and let Nutrisystem manage your meal plan for you, Basic is a great choice. It’s a 4-week plan with free shipping, and starts at $9.96 per day.
If you’re looking for a bit more flexibility, try the Core Plan. It includes support from weight loss experts, as well as the tracking tools to be sure you’re staying on target. The plan starts at $10.68 per day.
The 3rd option is called Uniquely Yours, and includes everything in the Core Plan, as well as over 150 meals and snacks to choose from. With Uniquely Yours, unlimited frozen foods are included, and you can mix and match whatever foods you want to create a menu which is perfect for you. It starts at $12.29 per day.
*Last updated: January 2019
Help & Support
The help center at Nutrisystem is known as The Leaf. You can browse recipes and weight loss related articles. The Leaf also features an FAQ section with detailed information on the diet plan.
Nutrisystem representatives can be reached by phone from 7am-12am EST during the week, and for limited hours on weekends. Live chat is also available on the website. Email addresses for weight loss consultants, dieticians, customer service and program coordinators can all be found on the website.
Here’s the Skinny
Nutrisystem is an ideal weight loss plan for anyone who can’t imagine dieting without snacking. The method of eating several small meals a day, and the option to buy à la carte snacks, set Nutrisystem apart from other diet plans. Keep it basic, or choose one of Nutrisystem’s more expensive plans to enjoy wider menu options and the support of weight loss professionals. If you’re looking for quick weight loss results, the Fresh Start metabolism boosting plan is a good place to start.