In a Nutshell
- Call forwarding
- Option for Optimum TV
- Comparatively pricey
- Only available to Optimum internet customers
The features included with Optimum Business are wide ranging and all geared to make your business more efficient at low cost and low hassle to you. Listed below you’ll find some just a few of the features that set the company apart.
- A personalized Optimum Voice homepage allows you to check in and connect to your home phone from anywhere.
- 24/7 live customer support
- Call features including advanced voicemail, VIP ringing, 3-way calling and a call return option.
- Optimum TV—a TV package for your business to keep your customers and employees informed of all the news and business activity they need to know.
In addition to VoIP services, Optimum Business offers Optimum TV to ensure that your clients, customers, employees and partners are kept up to date with business activity and news even while they’re in the office. It also offers optional combinations of packages, which means that you only have to buy what you need to use.
Optimum Business offers you separate online and call packages that you can buy separately or combine (at the cheaper price of $59.90/month)
Optimum Online: This offers you the following features and does not require an annual or long-term contract:
- Up to 5 email addresses with 2GB of storage each.
- Mobile integration.
- A security package that includes advanced antivirus, firewall, and web filtering.
- Connect on the move and have access to free WiFi at Optimum hotspots.
- Free PC protection against malware, spyware, and viruses.
If you buy the Optimum online package you can also buy the Optimum trunking package at a reduced rate of $29.95 per month. This is aimed at giving you mobility and flexibility when it comes to business calling.
Optimum Voice: This includes essential call features and offers flexibility regarding any add-ons you may need. The voice package offers:
Unlimited calling to the US, Puerto Rico, Canada, and the US Virgin Islands
- More than 20 business calling features such as call waiting with caller ID, 3-way calling, call forwarding and outbound caller ID business name.
- 24/7 local network monitoring
- 24/7 local technical and customer support
- Free 411 Directory Assistance
- Optimum TV is also offered at $29.99 per month
The customer support offered comes in the form of email, telephone, and live chat. All of these are available 24/7. There is an answer center that aims to solve any FAQs and provides step-by-step solutions to common questions. There are user guides for each product and a series of “Did you know” tutorials to take you through setting up and using your product. Optimum also offers a 30-day money back guarantee if you are unhappy with the service.
The wide range of options offered by Optimum Business and the level of understanding the company has about business needs is what sets it apart from other VoIP providers. The initiative to provide TV for your offices demonstrates that, although Optimum may not have the technical depth of integration for all product features, it is focused on the needs of your business.