In a Nutshell
- Live theme previewer
- Wide library of themes covering a variety of verticals
- Free version with limited storage
- Limited features for Ecommerce
- Limited ability to fine tune design
Webnode is a great choice for anybody looking to quickly roll out an impressive looking website on a budget—with some basic extra functionalities like web analytics and advertising support.
While Webnode does include some basic functions to support Ecommerce, its strength is instead in supporting the wide variety of other use cases that it has developed themes from—which range from websites for consultants to those for weddings and freelance portfolios.
Why Go With
Although Webnode isn’t the best known of the click and point website editors it is a seasoned and mature product that has been in active development since 2008. It’s also exceptionally affordable: the basic Limited plan costs only $3.95 per month and affords 100 MB of storage and 1 GB of bandwidth to subscribers.
For those looking to develop an impressive and professional-looking website without the budget to hire a web developer, this option makes a lot of sense.
Webnode users can invite other product users to cooperate with them on their website so long as they have a Webnode account. This feature is highly useful for groups that want to collaboratively work on their site—or clients and agencies that need to design a website in synergy.
Domain and Email Management
Using Webnode, users are able to gain access to basic website administration functionalities—such as creating email addresses and administering their domain. This saves users from having to master more complex technologies, such as C-panel, that are typically used to administer websites. Additionally, there are no complex technical entries and files such as DNS entries to set up in order to provide basic functionality.
Webnode includes SEO settings that allow users to enter meta tags and keywords for each created page. This allows the content to be picked up more easily in search engines. Combined with the drag-and-drop editor that makes creating new pages simplistic, this means that Webnode is the perfect tool for creating web pages that both look good and bring in the visitors.
Header and Effects Editor
In order to enrich the web content further users are able to add header images and effects to improve the page appearance. These can be either static images that remain in place, or dynamic effects such as filters and color overlays.
More Reasons to Choose Webnode
- Webnode’s content editor is completely drag-and-drop. Users simply need to rearrange the text and elements visually in order to achieve the desired appearance.
- Webnode allows users to manage both the design of their websites and its technical and SEO configuration all in one convenient dashboard. No need to involve multiple service providers just to get a basic website online.
- Webnode also features a dedicated Ecommerce platform that allows users to create online web stores. The features for the Ecommerce aspect of the tool include product management, display optimization, and an order management system.
Webnode does not support custom CSS and HTML editing. But on the plus side it does have a wide library of templates which users can apply in order to ensure that their website’s appearance matches the design that they had in mind.
These cover a wide variety of categories and all the different themes can be previewed in real time, allowing users to assess if a template is to their liking without having to update the entire site back and forth. The categories that can be applied include:
- Restaurants and food
- Online store
Webnode supports a variety of payment methods including both Paypal and Stripe. These can be set up within the main user interface for configuring the online store performance.
Webnode includes a variety of settings designed to alter the performance of websites built using the platform on the internet. These include:
- Search engine indexing: Users can choose whether they want their websites to index on search engines such as Google or whether they want them to be invisible. Webnode will edit the appropriate “Robots.txt” text file to block all search engine bots if the user so selects.
- Meta-tags: Users can add and edit meta tags and keywords in order to allow the website to be found when the keywords are entered into Google.
Customer Support Services
Webnode maintains an online knowledge base web page which provides detailed instructions to help troubleshoot common issues and use basic website functionalities.
If users are not able to find the information they require through that page, they can contact Webnode’s customer support team, which operates an email support system with tracking tickets.
Webnode is available at 4 tiers: Limited, Mini, Standard, and Profi. Limited, Mini, and Standard all include a free domain. The higher tiers provide more email accounts and the top tier (Profi) also includes unlimited backup and recovery, and unlimited language versions.
Review in Short
Webnode is a capable but basic online website editor that supports Ecommerce functionality. It has a wide template editor and supports managing SEO tags. It’s a solid solution for anyone looking to take their business or personal project online without the need to know website design or code.
Webnode has been developing solutions for online website creators since 2008. It has 2 commercial offices: a headquarters in Switzerland and another office in the Czech Republic.It is used by more than 40 million customers worldwide.