In a Nutshell
- Beautiful template design
- Intuitive, easy-to-use website builder
- Great pricing, including a free level
- The SEO settings for each page are limited
- Not great for large-scale sites
- No specific mobile site editor
- Polydom Builder: IMcreator IMXPRS offers Polydom, a modular way of building sites that requires no HTML or CSS skills - just click to add elements to your pages.
- Seriously beautiful design: IMcreator is stunning. Their out-of-the-box templates and Polydom modules are as good as anything else you’ll find on the market
- Professional White Label: simply unlimited licenses, domains, users, sites. Absolutely everything, starting at $350 per year.
- Easy E-commerce: IMcreator’s e-commerce module makes selling products easy.
- Free: Jump in without any risk of losing any money.
- Incredibly easy to use: IMcreator is very intuitive. It combines drag-and-drop and click-to-edit functions in the simplest way possible.
IMcreator has an impressive homepage with beautiful, bold colors, full-screen video backgrounds, up-to-date hover effects and slick animation.
Try it out for free or sign up for the Pro White Label option for only $350 per year. That is at the lower end of the pricing scale for a website builder and should appeal to cash-strapped start-ups who need to look professional on a shoestring budget.
IMcreator’s IMXPRS website builder is ideal for small business or personal project use. It’s perfect for people who have an eye for design but lack coding know-how. It's White Label is ideal for professional designers, resellers and hosting companies.
With accessible customer service available inside the site editor, non-technical types can get the best out of the platform.
IMcreator’s website-builder service comes with bundled web hosting. This makes getting online easy for people who aren’t comfortable updating DNS records and handling other technical tasks
However, coding customization options and database integrations are limited, so it might not be the best choice for programmers or larger business who need their website to perform complex functions, such as hotel booking systems or bespoke community networks.
IMcreator presents its templates in a grid format or you can select by business sector.
Their templates are impressive and with just a few hours of work, many people will be able to adapt them to meet their needs.
You can add typical page elements like text boxes, images, videos and galleries with a single click. Pre-formatted options are customizable via a single pop-up control panel, but if you can write code, you may find yourself wanting to tweak things that can’t be tweaked.
This could be a source of frustration, but balance this against the features the platform does offer, and IMcreator stands up favorably against many of its competitors.
Ease of Use
Signing up is easy and completed in seconds. There are no annoying hoops to jump through before you get started with the site editing process. Choose a template, start editing and publish once you’re happy. It’s that simple.
Adding elements to a page has been made as easy as possible. Click a “+” sign, choose your Polydom block and it is ready for you to customize, which is done with a click that opens up an intuitive pop up.
The lack of an undo, back or history button was a slight frustration. However, should you need to remove an element, this can be done simply by clicking it and clicking a “red X” symbol.
Other website builders push expensive add-ons or force users choose a domain during the sign up process, hoping to tie them in before they’ve even had a look around. IMcreator does neither, which is a major plus point.
IMcreator’s pricing is clear. There is an always-free option, which means that users can give it a go risk-free. There’s no pressure to upgrade within a 30-day trial period, another favored trick of companies in this space.
Commercial pricing is just $7.95 a month. This is in the lower end of the price scale and should be a serious pull factor for IMcreator. The white label solution for designers and agencies is $350. This relatively high price point should ensure that only serious customers choose to use IMcreator, therefore maintaining the quality and reputation of the platform.
Website Builder Features
IMcreator includes the key elements required to build a brochure site, and all have been executed well. There are some very nice touches, including the option to apply contemporary hover effects to most page elements. IMcreator’s most striking feature is the quality of the templates and pre-designed layout elements, which really stand out. The White Label is a powerful opportunity for professionals who are looking for an unbranded opportunity.
E-commerce is achieved with a simple one-click install. The plugin in powered by ShopRocket and does a neat job. It comes with a 2% fee per transaction. It doesn't have powerful features of platforms like ECWID or WooCommerce, but it’s effective enough to enable online sales.
Adding a blog is also a one-click affair, but unfortunately things can get slightly confusing here. It takes a while to figure out how to add a new post. Considering how intuitive the rest of the experience is, this was an anomaly and something IMcreator needs to work on in future releases.
Their mobile solution is also slightly puzzling. IMcreator claims to be fully responsive, but it simply resizes the desktop version of the site. Not ideal, but not disastrous and not a deal breaker for this effective builder.
Other great features include: flexible layout options, one-click additions of site elements and easy access to adding HTML. The ability to edit ‘inside the Head’ is useful for integrating third-party applications such as Facebook tracking pixels and Google Analytics.
IMcreator has around 100 fonts to choose from, all of which are modern and stylish. There’s no Helvetica or Comic Sans, so the chances of your site looking clichéd are small.
- SEO: Tools to improve your position and get seen
- Ecommerce: ShopRocket helps set up your ecommerce site
- Hosting: Connect your domain and get unlimited hosting
- Customer Support: Online support ticket, tutorials, FAQ
- Mobile App: Easy-to-use for iOS and Android
- Fully Responsive: Automatic adaptation
- Templates: 61 beautiful templates
IM Creator White Label Features
- SEO: HTML format that works great with SEO so your site gets seen
- No Branding: No trace of IMCreator; you have a clean slate
- Ecommerce: Works with Stripe to add your online store
- Blogging: Add a blogging section with videos, photos and more
- CRM: Customer relations management baked right into your site
- Mobile App: Easy-to-use for iOS and Android
- SSL: Automated-unlimited security certificates for your sites
- Unlimited Websites: No added fees when you open more sites
- 24/7 Support: Online support ticket, live chat, tutorials, FAQ
IMcreator have embedded customer support options inside their site editor. New users can watch an intro video that outlines the major features of the software. There is an extensive Knowledge Base, with documentation and articles available 24/7, and direct access to Customer Support.
IMcreator’s web building software is slick, easy to use and packed with widgets. The site builder is very easy to get to grips with. If you do get stuck, customer support is quite literally a click away.
If you’re looking for something modern and beautiful, look no further. IMcreator has that side of things covered. It’s perfect for personal projects, portfolios and small business sites.
If you want to sell products online, you can. You won’t find an easier E-commerce option out there. The downside comes with the lack of customization options. And IMcreator’s E-commerce partner ShopRocket currently only supports USD($), GBP(£) and Euros(€), which is a real issue. This problem can be sidestepped by using an HTML embed of something like ECWID.
If you want to blog, this is easy. It might be less than perfect right now, but this feature will inevitably be improved in future releases of the software.
So, is it better than WordPress? Well, that depends on your needs.
If you are in the market for something for a start-up or niche business, selling a limited range of goods or services online and leaving a very positive impression on prospective customers, IMcreator hits the bulls-eye.
If you’re looking for an enterprise solution with database integration and thousands of items for sale, maybe stick with WordPress.
For the most part, IMcreator is a very, very impressive product.