In a Nutshell
- Premium tier supports up to 100,000 products
- Up to 25 multi user inboxes supported
- All eCommerce plans include a free domain
- Not as sophisticated as some other builders
Register.com’s eCommerce hosting packages are good choices for users that want to quickly launch an eCommerce store with easy payment processing and simple product management.
The capabilities of the website builder may not match the sophistication of some of the better-known builders on the market, but they feature everything an eCommerce owner needs to get an effective — and legally compliant — marketplace on the internet.
Why Go With
- Register.com’s eCommerce hosting plans provide simple and flexible solutions for those wishing to set up eCommerce websites.
- Full support for special offers, promotions, and remerchandising strategies.
- Hundreds of templates to choose from in site editor.
Those signing up for Register.com’s eCommerce hosting plan receive:
- Access to the Do-It-Myself web design package, designed to help users create professional looking websites without requiring any technical skills. The editor supports unlimited pages, includes a performance tracking scoreboard, and gives users access to a professional stock image library.
- The builder also includes a Professional Industry Copy service which autopopulates pages on the website with professional sounding copy. This is ideal for users that don’t have a copywriter on hand to help them draft text that will improve their conversion rate.
- There’s also a widget tool which can help easily import dynamic content, such as interactive maps and custom forms, into pages on the website.
- The easy to use online product catalog managers lets users easily add, remove, and edit catalog listings, control inventory levels, and more.
- The website builder is also optimized for mobile eCommerce, helping users build product pages that are both responsive and effective, enabling customers to easily shop for products while on the go.
- Users can easily configure time-limited discounts to help drive interest in products. These can be edited in real-time.
- The eCommerce hosting package includes built-in marketing tools to help drive SEO and gain visitors. Dedicated tools for Facebook, AddThis, and a Google Analytics integration means that the technology can fit easily alongside other components of the tech stack.
- Those that wish to hand some of the work of designing their store over the professionals can also avail of the company’s online design service which lets Register.com’s professional design team tweak the website and apply custom designs to improve image and conversion rate.
Although the website builder is based upon a large variety of templates, customers that wish to control the exact look and feel of their Register.com-hosted eCommerce site still have good options.
For one, users are free to get under the hood and make adjustments to the code their pages are displayed with. This is enough to achieve limited customization and appearance changes.
For an additional fee, they can also hand the design of their site over to Register.com’s in-house design team who can hand-code designs to achieve the exact look and feel that customers are seeking. The team has extensive experience in working with clients to identity — and promote — upselling and cross-selling opportunities within their existing inventory. Additionally, they can add advanced features including smart related product widgets, rotating banner images, and custom background and content areas.
Register.com’s eCommerce hosting plan works with a multitude of payments gateways to ensure that customers can easily settle their bill — and users can get paid!
All payments solutions that the websites supports are Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliant — so customers can rest assured that their payment information is being encrypted, making it impossible for packet sniffers and other cyber criminals to capture the details, even if they are on the same network. PayPal, Google Checkout, and direct credit card payment are all supported. Additionally, customers can implement custom payment methods to give their clients even greater flexibility when shopping online.
The Take-a-Payment service is available for an additional fee and lets users allow their customers to pay invoices, service fees, or make donations directly from their website. Unlike then purchasing a product from the merchant inventory, users are able to enter any unique payment amount and input their invoice number to enable convenient bookkeeping. The secure and reliable system is designed responsively and works on both smartphones and tablets.
The Register.com eCommerce website builder includes built in SEO optimization tools that help improve websites’ standing in the search rankings. There is also a Google Analytics integration to help customers easily track the performance of their website, identify inbound traffic sources, and see where changes might need to be made to improve the listing conversion rate. Additional tools for Facebook and AddThis enable customers to also maximize their potential revenue from social selling.
Register.com offers conveniently priced SSL certificates for eCommerce website operators that want to demonstrate the security of their websites — virtually an essential requirement in the industry. Those that implement SSL protection encrypt traffic between customers’ computers and their websites, availing themselves of the same level of encryption that major companies use every day. SSL certificates can be easily added to websites hosted on the Ecommerce tier; those that have it will have their URLs prefixed with ‘https://’.
Customer Support Services
The Register.com customer support team can be accessed toll-free from within the US and Canada. The team has separate phone numbers for technical support and hosting package-specific support queries and can also be reached via email. A limited number of tutorial pages help customers that can manage with self-help resources. The team aims to respond to all queries within 24-48 hours.
Register.com’s eCommerce hosting plan is a good match for customers that simply want to get the job of publishing an online shop done and dusted with — and who can live without the bells and whistles of more advanced editors. There’s enough features to publish and manage a basic online shop without technical knowledge, and for those that want more extensive customization, using Register.com’s in-house design team is a great option.
About the Company
Register.com, a web.com company, provides domain name purchasing services and web hosting. The parent company, Web.com, is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida and has approximately 3,500 employees.