In a Nutshell
- No commissions
- Removes the friction from ordering from your restaurant
- Integrates seamlessly with top POS solutions
- Website doesn’t have any information about pricing
- Website lacks detail about setup process
- Improving conversion rates
- Reaching social media users
- Boosting your deliveries
Why Go With Sauce
Sauce's biggest selling point is that it removes the friction of ordering from your restaurant. Let’s say a customer finds your restaurant on Google. They click on your website, where they see a button that takes them directly to a conversation with a Chatbot on their favorite messaging app (e.g. Facebook Messenger) where they can quickly make their order.
The idea is that your customers are already on social media most of the time, so allowing them to order through these apps makes the process as frictionless as possible. Unlike apps like UberEats or DoorDash, Sauce runs in the background and is completely invisible to the customer. The customer doesn’t need to register or download any special app. They just connect straight to a chat on a social media platform they already use, make their order, and pay through the integrated checkout.
What’s On Offer
- Website ordering
- Facebook Messenger ordering
- Instagram Growth Tools
- Google SEO
- Automated data capturing & re-targeting
- Intuitive design and ordering process
- Integrated Stripe checkout
- Instagram growth tools
- Integration with top POS solutions
- Instantly connects with available on-demand couriers to pick up and deliver orders
Ease of Use
Here’s an example of how customers order from your restaurant when your delivery process is powered by Sauce.
1. Using their cell phone, the customer types in a Google search query that leads them to your home page.
2. On your homepage, the customer clicks a button to open a conversation with a chatbot on Facebook Messenger.
3. In the chat, the customer can select items from the embedded menu, see special offers, and view popular items. Each item can be ordered with one click, and the customer can add notes where relevant. Alternatively, they can choose one-click re-order if they’ve already been through this process with your restaurant before.
4. At the end of the process, the customer will see an option to purchase items they might have forgotten, such as a beverage.
5. Finally, the customer types in their phone number to be directed to the Stripe-powered checkout process, where they can pay and confirm their order.
What’s Unique About Sauce?
Unlike third-party apps like UberEats and DoorDash, Sauce works behind the scenes. It helps your restaurant increase customer engagement and take orders at scale through fully automated conversations on popular voice and message applications such as Facebook Messenger, iMessage, Amazon Echo, and Google Home. Using proprietary AI algorithms on the back-end, it offers personalized conversations that give off the impression of convenience, promoting customer loyalty and retention.
The process of signing up to Sauce begins with a free consultation. Click the ‘Book a call now!’ button in the top-right corner of the Sauce home page. Select the option that best describes your company (restaurant with 1-9 stores, restaurant with 10+ stores, or something else), and then fill out the short online form to book in a call and demo with a customer support rep.
Unfortunately, Sauce doesn’t offer any information about pricing on its website, and general information is hard to come by. It states that it doesn’t charge commissions, although it seems reasonable to assume that sales volumes are one of the factors that go into determining your monthly fee. Therefore, the one way to find out what you’ll pay is to book in a call with Sauce.
Sauce is a privately held company headquartered in New York City and backed by venture capital investors. Founded in 2015, it uses technologies like artificial intelligence and natural language processing to power its restaurant delivery solution.
1412 Broadway, 21st Floor, Suite MA133
New York, NY 10018, United States