In a Nutshell
- First dedicated iPad POS system
- More than 300 features
- Works with businesses in 93 countries
- No Android POS system
- Not suited to non-hospitality businesses
- Restaurants and coffee shops
- Bars and breweries
- Food trucks
Why Go With Lavu
Most food and drinks businesses still use legacy point-of-sale systems with clunky, outdated hardware and software. But not users of Lavu, which has a POS system for iPad that caters directly to restaurants, coffee shops, and other hospitality businesses. Everything about the Lavu POS is designed around the unique demands of food and drink businesses – from sending orders directly from the customer’s table to the kitchen, to breaking down menus into logical groups, to monitoring inventory levels.
What’s On Offer
The Lavu POS system includes 300+ features, many of which can be grouped into the following categories:
- Real-time sales and labor reporting
- Real-time inventory management and alerts
- Menu and layout customization
- Accessing reports from on the road
- Management of labor and food costs from one easy system
- Synchronizing data from multiple restaurant or franchise locations
- Special integrations designed for your type of business
- 24/7 customer support by phone, email, or chat
Ease of Use
Lavu works with restaurants, bars, and other types of food and drink businesses in the United States and 92 other countries. To find out more about how this POS system can help your business, contact Lavu to schedule a demo. One of the great things about using Lavu for your point-of-sale requirements is that it’s super easy to get started. The software can be downloaded from the App Store, just like any other mobile app. Lavu provides 24/7 support, including the option of paying extra for an onboarding service plus escalated support. Lavu also offers a free trial to new customers.
What’s Unique About Lavu?
Lavu was the first dedicated restaurant POS system for iPad to appear on the App Store. Although many other dedicated mobile POS apps have since arrived on the market, Lavu continues to stand out with its 300+ features.
Perhaps the most unique thing about Lavu is that it has features for all different types of food and drink businesses. Lavu was founded out of the realization that restaurants have specific needs that differ from other businesses like hotels or retailers. Over the years, it has developed and integrated features that cater to businesses like coffee shops, ice cream stores, and food trucks. Each of these businesses needs different features, and Lavu is there to save the day.
As an example, here is how Lavu serves bars, nightclubs, breweries, music venues, and similar types of businesses:
- Servers or bartenders can take orders on an iPad or other iOS device.
- If the business has a kitchen, orders can be sent directly from where the customers are sitting or standing to a printer or display system in the kitchen.
- Bartenders can process payments from where the customer is located, saving the customer the trouble of having to go up to the bar or register.
- Servers can also use Lavu’s preauthorization feature to create bar tabs when a customer or group of customers place their first orders.
And here’s how Lavu serves the rapidly growing food truck industry:
- Gives your business the ability to take orders from customers while they are waiting in line.
- Includes other time-saving features like emailed receipts and electronic signatures.
- Adds customer names, phone numbers, and email addresses into customer database, helping build lasting customer relationships.
- Lets you access reports and records from anywhere with an internet connection, including a breakdown of sales in different locations.
- Lets you track all inventory in one place, including purchase orders and quantities, plus notifications when items are running low.
- Lightweight equipment that takes up a minimal amount of space.
- Offline mode allows food trucks to keep operating if the Internet goes down.
Lavu US-based team offers 24/7 customer support. Business owners can connect with Lavu by chat, email, or phone. The Lavu website has a comprehensive knowledge base with detailed instructions on everything from setting up and customizing your software to integrating third-party apps.
Pricing (Software and Hardware)
Lavu offers 3 types of plans: a single-terminal plan for $69 per month (not including add-ons), and a multiple-terminal plan and enterprise plan at a negotiated per-month price. The single-terminal plan is very reasonably priced. It includes one physical terminal, plus Lavu POS app access on an unlimited number of devices.
Each Lavu plan includes access to hundreds of integrations and features, broken down into the following categories:
- Bar management
- Digital menu boards
- Events management
- Gift and loyalty programs
- Kitchen display software
- Online ordering
- Payment processing
- Restaurant management
Lavu also offers a solid hardware range, divided into the following categories:
- “Starter-kit” POS stations, $599
- Terminals, from $103 to $329
- Printers, from $300 to $520
- Credit card readers, $140 to $150
- Cash drawers, $160 to $235
- Routers, $200 to $830
- Kitchen display systems, varies
- Gift cards, varies
The good news is that Lavu doesn’t lock anyone into contracts, allowing users to leave at any time. Like other POS systems, it’s worth weighing up your equipment requirements before signing on. If you’re only planning to use the app, then the start up and exit costs are low. But if you’re planning on purchasing other equipment, such as a physical terminal, then it can take some time to make a return on investment.
Andy Lim founded Lavu in 2010 after eating dinner with a friend and noticing how frustrated the restaurant owner was with his POS system. He based the company in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and it quickly expanded to more than 90 countries all around the world. In 2015, Lavu received a $15 million investment from Aldrich Capital Partners, the largest Series A venture investment in New Mexico state history. The next year, Lavu partnered with PayPal to provide restaurants with low rates. As a result, Lavu has helped its customers make significant savings on transaction costs.
201 3rd St NW, Suite 600
Albuquerque NM 87102, USA