In a Nutshell
- Complete marketing and sales solution
- Email templates and drag-and-drop builder
- Conversion optimization tool
- Marketing suite not sold separately from sales tools
- Relatively high per-user starting price
Freshmarketer Marketing Tools at a Glance
Best for: SMBs of various sizes
Key uses: Email campaigns, conversion rate optimization
Price: From $29 per user per month (or $19 per month for individual user)
Free trial (or Guarantee): 21-day free trial
Freshmarketer provides all the tools your business needs to automate its email campaigns, enabling you to create personalized journeys for each customer based on their interactions with your business. New campaigns can be created in minutes with Freshmarketer email templates and drag-and-drop builder. Just add triggers, actions, and time delays to customize the customer journey to your liking.
Here are examples of the types of email campaigns that can be created with Freshmarketer:
- Welcome campaigns for new contacts
- Nurture campaigns for users following interaction with your website
- Re-engagement campaigns for idle contacts
- Customer satisfaction surveys x number of days after first customer engagement
- Upsell or upgrade campaigns based on past purchases
- Auto responses to customer queries on your website
- Timed reminder emails following cart abandonment
- Purchase or renewal reminders toward end of a billing cycle
Freshmarketer offers a range of tools to improve your digital marketing campaigns and ultimately boost conversion rates on your website. The customer segmentation tool lets you segment and target different groups of users based on characteristics like demography, geography, and behavior. You can even create segments of contacts who have entered, exited, or are currently engaged with existing automated journeys.
The newest feature offered by Freshmarketer is the conversion rate optimization tool. Here are some of the things this tool lets you do:
- Visualize what visitors are doing across your website with heatmaps
- Get a video replay of visitor actions on your site
- Identify missed conversion opportunities by tracing the path visitors take on your site
- Experiment and identify conversion hotspots on your website with A/B testing and split testing
- Hold visitors’ attention by keeping them engaged with well-timed triggering messages such as polls and surveys
All Pro and Enterprise subscribers receive access to Freddy, the AI-powered assistant that includes multi-skilled chatbots. Freddy AI automates chat conversations on your website, reducing response times, proactively interacting with prospects, and even booking meetings on your sales team’s calendar. The Freddy chatbot can be trained to answer frequently asked questions and understand question variants.
Freddy AI also gives you the ability to set up custom bots on your website for the purpose of collecting leads. Freddy AI automates chat messages to collect visitor information across sessions, provide relevant information, and offer valuable content that boosts user interest. Freddy’s many skills include predictive contact scoring, which goes through historical data and assigns a score to every user, allowing you to focus on the best leads.
Live Chat Software
All Freshmarketer plans include live chat and Facebook Messenger, while the more-expensive plans also include WhatsApp and Apple Business chat. Freshmarketer integrates all these different channels into one chat widget, allowing your marketing and sales teams to manage website, Messenger, and WhatsApp conversations from one place. With Freshmarketer, you can set rules to have each chat automatically assigned to the correct team. Freshmarketer gives you the ability to set response expectations, prevent messages from triggering after business hours, and configure canned responses. You can also choose to auto-resolve chats when a user has gone offline.
Freshmarketer has a three-tiered price structure consisting of Growth, Pro, and Enterprise. All plans are priced per user per month and billed annually. Individual users can purchase just the marketing tools (without sales tools) for a fixed per-month price. All plans include email marketing tools, Freshdesk integration and Freshmarketer marketplace apps.
- Live Chat
- Website tracking
- Lists and segments
- Journey builder
- Customer report
- Answer bot
- Lead gen bot
- WhatsApp chat
- Behavioral segmentation
- Marketing reply tracking
- Automatic enrichment of user profiles based on public information
- Emails triggered by website events
- Freddy forecasting insights
- Field-level permissions
Freshmarketer has an extensive knowledge base with how-to guides on virtually every feature. For example, it has 25 articles on marketing emails, including, “How to create and use marketing segments in Freshmarketer,” “How to personalize your marketing email campaign for different audiences,” and “How to stop an ongoing journey.” If you have a specific query, you can open a ticket or call Freshmarketer direct. Strangely, Freshmarketer doesn’t offer live chat support.