In a Nutshell
- Feature products from an online store
- Easy to create automated workflows
- In-depth customer segmentation
- SMS messages cost extra
- No email themes around holiday marketing
Why Choose Omnisend?
Omnisend stands out among email marketing platforms for the simplicity and elegance of its campaign design tools. You can choose from dozens of email templates created by professional designers and then completely customize the look of your email. The drag-and-drop email builder gives you control over colors, fonts, images, and content elements.
One particularly great feature of the email builder is the product picker, which enables you to add any item from your online store to your email campaign. Just click on the product in your storefront, and all images, text, and links will automatically transfer over.
Another key feature is the discount code builder. Omnisend lets you create personalized discount codes for every person receiving your email in just a single click. This makes it easy to see who’s engaging with your campaigns. Ominsend integrates with most e-commerce platforms to build these discount programs on your store’s back-end.
The platform’s automated workflow tool is also a key selling point. You’ll find pre-made workflows for abandoned cart recovery and A/B testing, but you can also build your own automations to target customers based on how they interact with your business. The visual builder makes it incredibly simple to set up complex workflows in a drag-and-drop environment.
- Email builder: Omnisend’s drag-and-drop campaign builder gives you complete control over your emails. You can modify the design and layout, customize the subject line, and add products and personalized discount codes in a few clicks.
- Visual workflows: Omnisend offers pre-made automations plus a visual editor that lets you add triggers and actions easily. The editor is especially good for setting up welcome messages for new subscribers or personalizing product recommendations for existing customers.
- Popups and forms: You can use Omnisend’s popup and form builders to generate leads on your website and encourage customers to follow through with a purchase.
- SMS marketing: Omnisend supports SMS campaigns in addition to email campaigns. SMS campaigns can be incorporated into any automated workflow.
- Customer segmentation: You can segment customers into lists by demographics, what products they’ve purchased from your store in the past, and what channels they interact with your business through. Omnisend lets you add customizable filters for complete control over customer segments.
- Analytics: You can get an overview of the total revenue being driven by your marketing efforts, as well as dig into the performance of any individual campaign. There are also benchmarks so you can compare your performance against that of competitors.
Ominsend offers dozens of templates for email campaigns as well as nearly a dozen workflow templates. Email templates are well-designed and can be completely customized using the drag-and-drop campaign builder. Workflow templates are also fully customizable using the visual workflow editor.
Omnisend offers flexible pricing that’s based on the features you need and the size of your contact database. The Free plan doesn’t offer automated workflows, A/B testing, or customer support, but you can send up to 15,000 emails per month. The Standard plan starts at $16 per month for up to 15,000 emails and includes workflows. If you want to create an SMS campaign, you’ll pay an extra $0.15 per text within the US.
The Pro and Enterprise plans come with SMS credits equal to the cost of your plan. The Pro plan starts at $99 per month for up to 15,000 emails and advanced reporting tools. The Enterprise plan offers unlimited emails, with pricing based on the size of your contact database.
Ease of Use
We found Omnisend to be extremely easy to use. The online dashboard gives a brief overview of your revenue and the performance of your current campaigns. From there, you can easily set up a new campaign or workflow or dive deeper into analytics.
The email and workflow builders are especially intuitive, and we loved the drag-and-drop interface. Either of these tools could be used by a beginner marketer. However, it helps to have a bit more experience before diving into the segmentation and analysis tools since there aren’t any suggestions about what filters to link together.
Omnisend has several videos that explain the basics of the software to help new users get off the ground. There’s also an online knowledge base that documents all the platform’s features.
Omnisend offers 24/7 customer support by email and live chat for paid users. We got in touch by live chat and were able to get an agent on the line within a minute.
Omnisend is a capable email marketing platform that makes the process of setting up email campaigns and automations as seamless as possible. The drag-and-drop email designer and visual workflow builder tools are very easy to use, even for beginner marketers. On top of that, the level of personalization that Omnisend enables is very impressive.
Omnisend is especially good for online store owners since the platform has several features designed for integration with your storefront. You can instantly create unique discount codes with every email, for example, or segment your customers based on what they’ve bought from your site in the past. In addition, Omnisend’s analytics tools make it easy to track how much revenue your marketing efforts are generating.