In a Nutshell
- Regular credit monitoring and alerts
- Insurance for account holders and their children
- Dedicated assistance with identity restoration
- No antivirus protection
- No option of adding multiple account holders
A brilliant solution for:
- Any American worried about identity theft
- Anyone who regularly applies or is thinking of applying for loans or credit cards
- Anyone with children living at home
How does it work?
IdentityIQ is dedicated to monitoring your credit reports and the Dark Web for signs of theft or malicious behavior related to your identity. After you sign up, IdentityIQ starts actively monitoring your name, SSN, credit reports, and other aspects of your identity and alerts you if it notices suspicious activity. If your identity or accounts are compromised, IdentityIQ helps you restore your identity and compensates you for lost funds, wages, or out-of-pocket expenses.
What does this service watch out for?
IdentityIQ specializes in monitoring and tracking your credit reports and the internet for any suspicious activity related to your identity.
- Monthly credit reports and scores from major credit bureaus Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion.
- Enhanced credit report monitoring: This monitors all 3 major credit bureaus and alerts you when authorized card users are added, a new auto lease begins, your bank card goes over the limit, your card is stolen, and more.
- Credit score tracker and simulator, plus instant alerts whenever your credit score changes.
- Dark Web monitoring of anything suspicious related to your name, SSN, mailing address, and other information.
- Monitoring of any applications made in your name for things like utilities, payday loans, and cell phones.
- Synthetic ID protection, including alerts whenever someone uses your Social Security number with a fake name and address to open accounts.
- Opt-out IQ, to deal with junk mail and spam calls.
Recovery services - what can IdentityIQ do if my identity is stolen?
IdentityIQ doesn’t just alert you when your identity is compromised or your funds are stolen; it also compensates you. It provides dedicated assistance for all customers based in the United States, helping you to get your identity back in order as quickly as possible.
- Up to $1 million identity theft insurance for the primary account holder when money is stolen by unauthorized electronic funds transfer. This covers legal experts, stolen funds, and up to $1,500 per week for wages lost, up to a maximum of 5 weeks.
- Up to $25,000 theft insurance for the account holder’s children, provided they are under the age of 24 and live in the same residence as the account holder.
- Identity restoration, with personal assistance from a dedicated case manager based in the United States.
- Lost wallet replacement assistance.
How easy is it to use?
This service is very easy to use. It doesn’t require much of the account holder except to make sure that all your contact details are updated so IdentityIQ can alert you whenever it notifies suspicious activity related to your identity. Getting started is simple and should only take a few minutes of your time. All it requires is signing up via IdentityIQ’s website, choosing your preferred subscription plan, and providing a few basic details about yourself.
IdentityIQ offers 4 pricing plans: the 3 plans listed above, and a “Secure Plan,” which gives you daily credit report monitoring and a few other basic features for just $6.99 per month. Secure Max is the premium plan, comprising all features listed in the “What does this service watch out for?” section above. Subscribers can cancel at any time.
Help & Support
IdentityIQ offers decent customer service, although it’s clear that this isn’t its main focus. While it offers instant alerts if it notices suspicious activity about your identity, it only accepts contact by phone during business hours. Customer reviews for this service are generally positive, with the only complaints being about its alleged slowness in handling cancellations. As mentioned above, IdentityIQ provides a dedicated representative to help you with compensation and ID restoration in the event you suffer from identity theft.
Address: 3773 Howard Hughes Pkwy STE 500S, Las Vegas, NV 89169-6014
If you’re looking for an affordable service that provides credit monitoring and insurance, then IdentityIQ is a solid choice. IdentityIQ doesn’t offer as many features as some of its competitors; for example, it doesn’t offer any software to protect you when you’re online. But it does offer everything you would expect of a credit monitoring service—which is good enough if all you’re looking for is protection against identity theft.