In a Nutshell
- Essentials covered with category-based plans
- Wide range of systems can be protected
- Wide network of 10,000 technicians
- Not all appliances are covered
- High copays at $75+
Amazon Home Warranty offers 3 coverage plans as well as a list of optional extras which can be added to the basic policies for an additional fee:
System plan: The System Plan is designed to provide warranty cover for all those systems you never think about that keep your home running day after day. These include electrical system cover, hot water heater repair, and of course centralized HVAC systems including central AC and central heating. Warranty cover over these systems can help get your property back in order if it suffers a multi-system failure, such as may occur after a natural catastrophe.
Appliance plan: The Appliance Plan covers individual appliances as opposed to joined-up systems. These include appliances that may be out of warranty or which never had substantial coverage to begin with. Amazon Home Warranty covers microwave ovens, and clothes dryers, among others.
The Combo Plan, which is the best value of the 3, combines the coverage layers from both the System Plan and the Appliance Plan. Using it, homeowners can rest assured that all the electrical appliances and systems that make their homes habitable are under reliable warranty protection.
Packages And Plans
Additional optional coverage (not included in any of the above plans by default):
- Central Vac
- Ice Maker (free standing)
- Septic Systems
- Septic Tank Pumping
- Water Softener
- Central Heating (additional)
- Well Pump
- Sump Pump
- Hot Water heater (additional)
- Additional Central AC
- Whole House Humidifier
- Additional Fridge
- Lawn Sprinkler System
- Wine Refrigerator
- Limited Roof Leak
Amazon Home Warranty offers competitive pricing policies that are based upon the size of the property (less or more than 50,000 sq. ft) as well as details of the contents that need to be covered under the home warranty policy.
The company also offers a 1-month free introductory offer and provides a 30-day money back guarantee to reimburse any homeowners that are not satisfied with the policy they have taken out.
Terms And Conditions
Amazon Home Warranty provides a sample contract on its website to enable prospective customers to see what kind of clauses are likely to be in any home warranty policy that they take out with the provider.
These include stipulations that:
- The coverage will not apply to appliances or systems that become inoperable “due to normal wear and tear.”
- Coverage starts 30 days after the policy is approved. However, Amazon reserves itself the right to waive that grace period so long as the policyholder can demonstrate proof of prior coverage. This is at the company’s discretion, however.
- Under normal circumstances, the company will dispatch an authorized service contract to remedy the defective appliance or system within 2 days during normal business hours and within 4 days on weekends and holidays.
- Amazon Home Warranty reserves itself the right to obtain a second opinion regarding the cause of the malfunction. Likewise, the policy purchaser has an equal right to request one.
- Proof of repair and itemized expenses are required before the company will pay out any reimbursement.
- The company also provides extensive detail as to what is covered and not covered for each product that it insures.
Amazon Home Warranty’s Customer Service is well-regarded and the company claims that it has the highest customer satisfaction scores in the industry. Their team is primarily accessible by telephone and they can be called during regular business hours. The service currently enjoys an average 5-star rating (from 48 reviews) on the Better Business Bureau® (BBB) website.
Amazon Home Warranty employs a team of 10,000 service technicians who work across the United States to respond to customers’ requests and repair defective appliances and systems. Customers have reported favorably on the professionalism and punctuality of the staff that they interacted with.
The sample contract that Amazon Home Warranty posts on its website spells out in exhaustive details exactly what it is and isn’t prepared to pay out for. Additionally, the company has earned itself a well-deserved reputation as a leader in the home warranty space and this is reflected by the many positive online reviews from customers that it has accrued across the internet.
If you’re looking to take out home warranty coverage for appliances and systems in your home, then Amazon Home Warranty is one of the best providers on the market. It boasts industry-leading customer satisfaction ratings and spells out the terms of its standard coverage in exhaustive detail on its website.
About Amazon Home Warranty
Amazon Home Warranty is a Wyoming corporation. Its first filing with the State was in 2009, according to online records. Patrick C. Bateman is the current President at Amazon Home Warranty Corporation. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance from Boston University, according to his LinkedIn profile.