In a Nutshell
- 5-day trial available
- Multiple contact methods
- May encounter hidden fees
- Reports generated instantly
- Background Check
- Search Quarry does also support full background checks. These types of reports and searches are also much more advanced, since they reveal jobs, former addresses, names of people associated with the target and more. In this case you do need to become a member of the site in order to have access to these types of reports, but they do have a lot more information and data, so the membership may be worth it. They earned a “B” due to the fact that it can a bit more challenging navigating the membership site. Results are still quite accurate, however.
- People Search
- The most basic search offered by all of these types of sites is called a people search. The idea here is to basically discover the surface information. Some also call this the phone book type information since it is basically the name, address and phone number. In some cases there might also be ages and former addresses included. Here, they do a reasonably decent job, earning an “A” grade since our tests did show a high level of accuracy and the searches all were conducted very quickly (within about 15 seconds, even when there was limited supporting information).
- Criminal Background Search
- The main bread and butter of Search Quarry is their ability to conduct full, comprehensive Criminal Record Checks. Within a single report, you will be able to find out any Felonies, Misdemeanors, Driving Offenses, Liens/Bankruptcies, etc. The list goes on. Each search is done through Federal Databases, State Databases, County Databases, as well as Hidden Online Profiles, so you know SearchQuarry does a thorough job.
In this case study we first attempted to find out some information on the owner of Search Quarry. However, this was much easier said than done. It might be part of a private corporation or something else, but this information was just not readily available. Because of this, we decided to conduct a search on one of our friend's.
This began by conducting a basic people search, which resulted in a number of different possible options being presented as our target. We should also mention that in this case, their name and state was entered. It is also possible to simply enter a name, conducting a nationwide search. Doing such normally will result in a pretty long list of possibilities, unless your target has an unusual or distinctive name. In this case, we were quickly able to discover exactly who we were looking for right away.
The next step basically told us that to go further we would need to either purchase the actual report and/or a membership. It also displayed a nice little map showing exactly where this person is (or had previously) living. That was a nice touch, especially since it was also accurate.
The thing about Search Quarry that we really like is that it is very easy to use. They do not really complicate things, unlike other searching sites, and put the main tool right in front of their site. Even still, they also include a fair amount of information for those who are interested in finding this. Another thing is that once you become a member there are a number of really interesting searches that can be run, like conducting license plate searches. That is certainly a unique feature that could be very useful in a number of cases.
The pricing policy for Search Quarry is pretty much straightforward. You will be offered the option to start a trial membership for just $5. If you take them up on this offer, you will be granted access to the site for 5 days and will also see a copy of your report. After the trial is over, membership will automatically begin at $24.95 per month.
The methodology used for this site is pretty simple and clear cut. They have obtained access to a large number of databases. Some are private, but most are actually public records. In other words, you put in the information and then their system searches through millions of records and brings back your results.
The reliability of the searches here really depend upon which specific databases they are going through. However, the company does have a system in place to cull out duplicates and the information does seem very accurate and reliability according to tests. This is a great track record for an aggregator service.
Safety & Security
When compared to other similar companies, especially other public record searching companies, Search Quarry does come off as one of the safer and secure options. This all starts with their commitment to full SSL data encryption and the guarantee of fully confidential searches. Of course, much of the information is otherwise available, but finding it on your own can be difficult.
As far as customer support goes, many people searching companies are not really designed to do much in this regard. However, Search Quarry actually makes it easy to get in touch with them. They have an email address and actually do answer inquiries in a relatively short period of time (about one day or so). You even will receive a toll free customer support number to call with any questions. They also have a presence on several social sites like Google plus. This makes it easy to actually interact with them as well, should the need ever arise.
The main strengths of this site are its ease of use and the ability to conduct several different types of searches, even a few which are pretty unique. They have it pretty much fully integrated with their full background check partner so things just flow naturally into allowing people the option to join as members.
Note: This Background Check service is not FCRA compliant. You may not use Search Quarry's service, or the information it provides, to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or any other purpose that would require FCRA compliance. This is applicable, but not limited to, a Background Search, Credit Background Check, Criminal Background Check, and/or Driving Record. Search Quarry is not a consumer reporting agency and does not, and cannot, provide consumer reports. These terms have special meanings under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq., ("FCRA"), which are incorporated herein by reference.