In a Nutshell
- Full background report on your kid's coaches and teachers
- Report generation requires more time than competition
- Some info may be irrelevant
- Anyone who has ever conducted an online background search knows this is not as easy or as simple as it seems. Basically, this is a bit more comprehensive than an initial people search. In this case, you want to know some of the in depth details of your target person in order to give you an accurate assessment of whether they will make a good business associate, dating partner, or what have you. The real reason why Persopo scores so well in this area is because they are linked up and connected to a number of individual databases, which offers a wider pool of information to pull from.
- Criminal Background Search
- The criminal background check is clearly the most comprehensive of all searches typically offered on a background site. In this case, you will be able to see details of what the person has done in the past. This includes everything from federal and state police arrest records, traffic and speeding tickets, and misdemeanors to all types of felony arrests and even convictions. This also will provide address history (this history is also included with most of the other reports as well), sexual offenses, firearm licenses, aliases, and even marriage and divorce records.
- People Search
- In this case, a people search is the most basic of all three. Here, you only want to find out that you have information for the correct person. By basic, this means accurate contact details and a very brief background or personal history. Once again, the success of this type of search really depends on the number of (and effectiveness) databases this is connected to. Generally speaking, you want to find a service that, like Persopo, has databases covering all 50 states. In this case, they also have an artificial intelligence system that helps to cancel out duplicate results, saving you time in searching and sorting your results.
To conduct a thorough case study, we started by doing some research and decided that a person named Peter Musso would be our target. He is one of the top executives at Persopo, so this should make for a very practical example. In this case, our research showed that he lives in California, in the Los Angeles area.
The first step was to simply input his name into the main search tool located on the home page. We chose to not include the city and searched among all states, since this is most likely how many people will be conducting their own initial searches. In this case, we found 50 options for someone having the name of Peter Musso, or close enough to this to trigger our search parameters.
This also illustrates one of the more interesting challenges that can sometimes present itself with online background searching. This is having a large number of possibilities. In our case, it was rather easy to eliminate many, since they had similar, but not the same name. Then, we also eliminated all of those not in California. Ultimately, though, you would need to purchase a report in order to access the full information, but it is quite comprehensive and includes full criminal background, address records, and much more.
The key features offered by Persopo are essentially the various types of reports and searches which can be run. This means access to background, basic people, criminal and even contact history. In terms of how the stack up against other services it is important to realize they offer access to literally tons of different databases. This encompasses all 50 states along with a variety of federal databases and registries. Not many other providers offer this amount of, or access to, information. Not only this, but each person can really use this data in a number of different ways, from finding a lost friend to protecting your kids from dangerous predators.
One of the most interesting things about the pricing for Persopo is the fact that they offer unlimited plans. In other words, the monthly option, for just $19.93 (which is about average for the industry), offers unlimited reports. So does the three month plan ($14.93/month) and the six month plan ($9.93/month). This is somewhat unusual and can definitely come in handy for someone needing more than a single or even an occasional report. For those interested in trying before buying, there is a trial membership offered. Request as many reports as you want over a 5-day period all for just $1.00.
Although the actual methodology used is somewhat shredded in mystery, we do know the company has access to a number of databases throughout all 50 states. They also compare some information with a number of federal databases and registries. From here, the information is checked in order to avoid serving duplicates as much as possible.
In order to ensure reliability, Persopo does indeed run their searches through secure databases, a number of them in fact. This also create a system which includes several steps in the verification process. Everything is checked, scrubbed, cleaned, and then checked again before it gets to the point where it is served to the customer.
Safety & Security
The Persopo site does have a number of security features as well. The most well-known of these is the use of a SSL, or secure socket layer certificate. This has fast become the industry standard in order to ensure that everything is handled correctly and this should set one's mind at ease.
Customer service is strong at the company. They have a full satisfaction guarantee and can be reached during extended business hours (Pacific Time) through the phone or online via email. The agents are quite pleasant, responsive and do seem to really understand their business. They also have a blog and use social media to interact, if you are so inclined. They also include helpful lists of do's and don'ts, a features list, and even a pretty comprehensive glossary.
This site gives a lot of strong reporting features for the money. The ability to run an unlimited number of reports is also attractive to business and high volume users. The addition of a one-off or smaller volume of reports over a given time is something that could appeal to a wider market. Adding live chat would also make them a clear leader in the customer service area.
Note: This Background Check service is not FCRA compliant. You may not use Persopo'sservice, or the information it provides, to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or any other purpose that would require FCRA compliance. This is applicable, but not limited to, a Background Search, Credit Background Check, Criminal Background Check, and/or Driving Record. Persopo is not a consumer reporting agency and does not, and cannot, provide consumer reports. These terms have special meanings under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 USC 1681 et seq., ("FCRA"), which are incorporated herein by reference.