In a Nutshell
- Competitive 1.75% transaction fees
- Free sign-up and monthly subscription to basic package
- Free 7-day trial, special package for hospitality businesses
- No 24/7 customer service for Go subscribers
- iZettle app not compatible with certain receipt printers
What’s on Offer
iZettle’s features include:
- Inventory features help you to organize products, ring up sales quickly, keep track of stock, and stay on top of re-orders.
- Multiple accounts on 1 device, making it easy to keep track of each staff member’s sales.
- Daily performance reports. Filter by staff and location. Print or email a copy to yourself at the end of each workday.
- Find receipts instantly, send refunds with the click of a button.
- With Pro, take tableside orders through mobile app.
- Use split-bill feature to allow customers at a big table to all pay separately, and the open tab to keep checks open for customers until their final order.
- Create loyalty accounts and collect email addresses to reward repeat visitors with special offers and discounts.
- Tap-and-go payments in just 5 seconds.
Ease of Use
Taking payments is simple with the iZettle Reader. All you have to do is enter the total sale amount in your synced POS app; use the reader to take a credit card or contactless payment; ask the customer to enter their PIN number; finally, print a receipt or send it to the customer by email or SMS. It takes only minutes to set up the iZettle Reader. Just launch the free iZettle Go app on your tablet or smartphone and follow the instructions to sync the Reader and app over Bluetooth.
What’s Unique About iZettle?
iZettle has been innovating since it launched its first card reader for iPhone in 2011. It continues to stand out with its stylish iZettle reader, which launched in 2016 and integrates perfectly with the iZettle app, meaning there’s no need to integrate with any 3rd party hardware.
The iZettle Reader accepts card and contactless payments quickly with just a tap, insert, and swipe of a customer’s credit card. It reads chip, swipe, and contactless cards from all the major credit card providers – including Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners, JCB, and UnionPay – as well as from Samsung Pay, Apple Pay, and Android Pay. Funds are deposited in your business’s account within 1-2 business days, no matter which card the customer used. If your business is based in a small shop or street stall where there’s no connection for cables, you’ll be pleased to know that the Reader recharges with a stable Bluetooth connection.
Some of the Reader’s other handy features include:
- 8 hours active battery time, and the ability to charge it with a micro USB cable (included with purchase of the Reader) or the remote iZettle Dock (optional add-on to your purchase).
- Boots up in just 2 seconds.
- Takes just 5 seconds to accept a tap-and-go payment.
- Can be carried anywhere, with just 11 x 7 x 2 cm dimensions.
Another useful feature is the iZettle invoice function, which comes as an add-on on the iZettle Go app. It takes seconds to create an online invoice and send it to customers. Once your customer pays the invoice online, iZettle will deposit the money into your bank account and you’ll receive it the next business day.
To start a free 7-day Pro trial with full access to all features, simply select your country, fill in your name, business name, and contact details, and confirm that you wish to arrange a free demo with an iZettle specialist.
For Go customers, iZettle offers customer support by phone and email every weekday from 9am to 5pm (in the country your business is registered). With the Go Plus add on, you get prioritized support, with extended weekday hours of 8am to 8pm, and weekend hours of 9am to 6pm.
Pricing (Software and Hardware)
Go and Go Plus both charge fixed fees of 1.75% for card reader transactions, and 2.5% for invoicing. Go Plus charges a monthly fee of £20 / month for priority support and extra features, and it comes with a free 30-day trial. Pro (the service for hospitality businesses) costs £39 / month per device. The iZettle Reader is usually £59 + VAT, although it often falls to as low as £19 + VAT with periodic offers. The optional iZettle Dock costs £29 + VAT.
According to iZettle, the Reader meets all payment industry requirements and is EMV-approved and PCI DSS-compliant. It was designed and developed in-house, and includes transaction protection, payment data encryption, and tamper-proof design.
Go and Pro customers are both free of contractual obligations. Pro customers pay each month per iPad, and contracts can be cancelled at any time. The iZettle Reader comes with a 12-month warranty from the day of delivery or collection. During this period, iZettle is committed to repairing or replacing your reader if it turns out to have a manufacturing defect.
Review In Short
iZettle offers 2 types of subscription packages – a free package with transaction fees, and a special package for bars and restaurants with built-in features such as split billing and loyalty rewards.
Thanks to its special iZettle Reader, users can take and manage credit card payments quickly and easily and without any time-consuming 3rd party integrations. The Reader can be purchased for a one-off payment, and it takes just a few minutes to set it up and integrate it with the iZettle app.
iZettle was founded in Sweden in 2010 and the following year it launched its first card reader for iPhone. Within 2 years it expanded into the neighboring Nordic countries, the UK and Germany, and has since expanded into additional locations in Europe and Latin America. iZettle has launched new innovations once or twice a year since its founding, including one of the world’s first mini chip card readers and software for mobile devices. In 2016, it launched its iZettle Reader for faster payments and better battery life.
111 56 Stockholm