In a Nutshell
- User-friendly visual online quote tool
- Mover partners offer long-distance and local moving services
- All movers thoroughly vetted and properly licensed
- Pricing and services vary highly by location
- Not available in Alaska or Hawaii
iMoving at a Glance
iMoving is a brokerage that connects you with local movers. As such, the company does not offer any services directly. Instead, it can connect you with a local company that may provide any of the following services.
- Local moving services. iMoving thoroughly vets companies in its network, ensuring that they remain licensed to operate in your state and offer the best rates for your local move.
- Long-distance moving. If you are moving across state lines, whether that means driving hundreds of miles or simply a few blocks over, that is considered a long-distance move for licensing and pricing purposes. iMoving ensures that any movers they provide for you are correctly licensed in both states, and will give you a fair price for your long-distance move.
- Truck rental. Renting a truck is generally cheaper than booking a full-service move, but there are some things you should consider. One way fees, mileage, insurance, gas and hire costs can quickly mount up. iMoving can help you sort through the options and pick the best truck rental to suit your specific moving needs.
- Packing and unpacking. Packing and unpacking can be one of the most time-consuming parts of any move. iMoving can connect you with a team of professionals who will manage this under your direction, supplying boxes, tape, labels, and more.
- Storage services. Whether you're downsizing, in need of extra space, or have to move out of one building before you have access to another, iMoving can help you find the ideal storage facility for your needs.
- Special handling. Moving often carries a risk of damaging fragile items. If you have anything that you suspect will require special handling, you can include this information in your online quote. This will ensure that you are matched with movers qualified to transport fragile and important cargo.
Prices will vary based on many factors, including location, distance, and size of the move. Any move that crosses state lines will be significantly more expensive, regardless of distance.
iMoving is very transparent about its pricing, offering an online quote tool and even showcasing the prices of recent moves on its website. Here are some examples:
- Conklin, NY–Endicott, NY. Property: House. Items: 15. Distance: 16 miles. Boxes: 0. Total CF*: 786.64. Packing/Unpacking: No. Total Cost: $1525.44
- Haveloc, NC–Wilmington, NC. Property: House. Items: 6. Distance: 100 miles. Boxes: 0. Total CF*: 218.4. Packing/Unpacking: No. Total Cost: $559.
- Jersey City, NJ–Cutler Bay, FL. Property: Apartment. Items: 27. Distance: 1295 miles. Boxes: 23. Total CF*: 464.27. Total Cost: $1789.94
*cubic feet (volume of items moved)
As you can see, there are a lot of factors that determine the final cost of your move. The biggest ones are whether or not you are crossing state lines, how far you are going, and, most importantly, the overall amount of stuff you are carrying, measured in cubic feet in this case. Note that the number of items is less important: for example, one large sofa may take up as many cubic feet as 5 small chairs, and therefore could cost as much or more to move.
Getting a Quote
iMoving has an impressive visual interface. You begin by choosing whether you are moving from a house, apartment, or storage locker and select the approximate size of the unit. You will then see graphics of an array of furniture and other everyday items. Choose the furniture that applies, and input approximate dimensions.
Next, you will see the box calculator, which will show you the size and number of boxes you will need to move all your selected items. You can leave that as is or add/remove boxes as required.
The next screen is a simple form. Fill in the pickup and dropoff zip codes, dates, and whether you need packing and unpacking assistance. After that, hit the choose movers button to get a quote.
You will then receive a list of movers. The zip codes from the previous step will automatically filter by local or long-distance moving providers. Adding items like a piano, glass table, or mirror will automatically filter for providers that can provide special handling services.
We were impressed by how smooth and straightforward the online quoting process was. Booking a move can take as little as five minutes, depending on how much furniture you need to bring.
Once your move has been booked, iMoving’s partners will assist you through the various stages of moving. Many of the movers in the iMoving network offer packing and unpacking services. Movers will pack your belongings according to your directions and then unpack them at the destination. This option is more expensive than hiring the company for transport only, but could save you a lot of time and headaches on moving day.
You can rent a storage unit from many popular iMoving partners if need be. These can be a great short-term solution if you want to downsize and need some time to store larger possessions until you can sell them. Or, you can also use a storage unit to temporarily keep your belongings while finalizing a lengthy multi-day move.
Once all of the preparation is over, the only thing left is the move itself. The moving company will arrive at your home and assist with packing, transport, and storage as requested. Assuming you declared any special handling requests beforehand, your final price should match the quote provided by iMoving.
As a brokerage, iMoving does not have its own fleet of vehicles. However, it can connect you with a wide range of vans, trucks, and specialized vehicles as required for your move. Availability of particular vehicles will vary by location, and specific requests will likely increase your quote price.
You can contact iMoving 24/7 at 1-855-466-8464, or by filling out the form on their Contact Us page. Note that this information is for the iMoving customer service department and is not the number to contact your mover. If you have questions about your quote or need help selecting services, this is the number to call.
For less pressing concerns, you can request a call back from iMoving within the next three hours, or simply browse their comprehensive FAQ to see if there is an answer to your question there.
Specific inquiries about insurance, guarantees, or anything else related to your move are best resolved by contacting the moving company directly. For its part, iMoving thoroughly vets all of its movers, ensuring that they are licensed and that you are getting the best rates possible from them.
“I spoke with ****** from IMoving, he was so helpful from start to finish. I book my move right away and let IMoving move me from Florida to Texas. Super happy with my decision. Will recommend to anyone.”—Jessica R., Customer
“***** at iMoving worked with me and my budget to get the perfect movers who were affordable and professional. He also answered my many questions and followed up with me throughout the process.”—Kels H., Customer
“iMovers connected us with a 5 star moving company. Andy and Carlos went above and beyond to make sure all of my appliances and heavy furniture were handled professionally and carefully. They didnt scratch one piece of furniture, dent one appliance, or mess up and walls or doors during the entire moving experience. A+ to iMovers and the company they contacted with. I asked for the 4.5 star company, and I got the 5 star company. Thank you!”—Heather G., Customer
iMoving is a moving brokerage that connects you with local moving companies. Its easy-to-use and highly visual interface makes it fast and painless to get a quote. Everything is backed by 24/7 customer service. In addition to local and interstate moves, iMoving offers packing and unpacking, storage, and special handling. If you are looking for an easy-to-use one-stop shop for all your moving needs, consider iMoving.com.