In a Nutshell
- All moving personnel are background checked
- Full-service moves are available
- Track your belongings in real-time
- Significantly pricier than self-service options
- Doesn’t offer nationwide coverage
Allied Van Lines at a Glance
Whether you’re organizing a commercial or domestic move, there’s little doubt that Allied Van Lines will offer the moving service you require. For example, if you need a few weeks to finalize the purchase of a new home, Allied Van Lines can organize temporary storage for your belongings, with the final delivery made at your convenience. Here are the other specific services this top moving company provides:
- Full-service residential moves: Allied’s movers are expert furniture handlers and will take care of all your packing requirements into account. Unlike budget moving services, Allied offers a “full service” package, meaning it’ll take care of loading and packing. you own particularly valuable or hard-to-move objects, movers from Allied Van Lines will carefully wrap it to ensure that no damage occurs during transportation to your new home.
- Corporate moves: Transporting an entire business operation to a new office space can be a serious logistical challenge. If you opt for its corporate move package, Allied Van Lines representatives will work with you to iron out the fine details of the operation, guaranteeing that disruption to your organization’s daily operations is minimized.
- Furniture shipping: A core part of Allied Van Lines’ service is moving large items of furniture over long distances. This company employs over 160 professional movers who are more than capable of handling bulky items and heavy loads so you don’t have to.
- Specialty item shipping: If you need to move a motorcycle, car, or piano, Allied Van Lines will be more than happy to make that happen for you. Just be sure to describe your needs accurately when requesting a quote.
- Convenient storage: Occasionally in life, you have to move out of a house without knowing exactly where you’re going to end up. In this kind of situation, Allied Van Lines can take some of the pressure off by storing your furniture and other belongings until you can finalize a delivery date.
- Moving Insurance: Customers who request a residential move from Allied Van Lines are able to take out an optional insurance package to ensure they are reimbursed in case accidental damage occurs en route. While mishaps are unlikely, this is a sensible precaution to take no matter which moving service you end up using.
Allied Van Lines specializes in long-distance, cross country moves, but there are no minimum or maximum moving distances and costs vary largely based on the volume of stuff you want to move and how far you need to go. Extra charges are likely to apply if you are moving between states rather than within the same one.
To find out how the precise cost of the move you want to arrange, simply click on the “Free Quote” button on the Allied Van Lines homepage and add your contact details along with information about your origin and destination. Alternatively, you can call or email an Allied Van Lines customer representative.
As you’ll discover once you’ve requested a quote, the best thing about Allied Van Lines pricing is that this company is really upfront about what they charge for different services. Along with your personalized quote, you’ll find a standardized list of charges for things like motorcycle handling or and piano packaging.
Allied Van Lines costs are updated fairly regularly, so you should request a quote to see the latest rates if you’re interested. However, the table below will give you a rough idea of what kind of charges you should expect:
It’s worth noting that Allied Van Lines doesn’t offer overseas shipping. In one respect this is a good thing, as you don’t need to worry about customs paperwork or border-crossing fees.
Once you’ve requested a quote from Allied Van Lines, you’ll need to read over your paperwork carefully before getting in touch to arrange a final moving date. As is standard industry practice, you’ll likely also need to pay also a portion of your final fee in advance as a deposit to reserve your move date.
After that, how things proceed will depend on which extra services you’ve requested from Allied Van Lines. Although this is a full-service moving company, you do have the option of packing things up yourself ahead of time to save some cash. Remember, if extra helpers are required on the day of your move or if you need to buy packing materials from Allied Van Lines, additional charges will have to be paid.
At your scheduled pickup time, Allied Van Lines movers will arrive at your origin address ready to disassemble any large pieces of furniture and pack them, along with your other items, into the back of a truck. Allied Van Lines prides itself on punctuality and performs background checks on all team leads so you can rest assured that your possessions are in safe hands.
After that, you just need to meet your Allied Van Lines team at your destination address so they can begin unloading. Make sure you closely inspect any important items for damage. This company has a sub-1% damage claim rate but accidents do still happen and making a claim early should ensure you get reimbursed.
Allied Van Lines doesn’t share any details about its fleet, and some past customer reviews suggest it actually leases trucks from third-party services. All the same, you can be sure the vehicle your possessions are placed in will have plenty of space, and that specialist equipment like motorcycle trailers will be provided when needed.
Allied Van Lines is based in Houston Texas, and customer representatives are easy to get hold of during standard central time working hours. To talk to an agent you can call the hotline or send an email.
As federal regulations require, Allied Van Lines provides coverage on any items they transport for you at a rate of at least $0.60 per lb. However, this minimum amount may be higher depending on your local state. Obviously, if you are transporting any particularly precious or valuable items you should take out the Allied Van Lines full-value insurance package which is available for all domestic moves.
Allied Van Lines might not have the slickest website but its affordable rates and flexible moving add-ons make this a company worth considering for your next move. With services that cover both corporate and domestic relocations, it’s safe to say that Allied Van Lines has something to offer for everyone.