In a Nutshell
- Tight integration between CRM and assets such as landing pages
- Drag-and-drop editor for creating complex and scalable workflows
- Visually pleasing side-by-side editor to visualize funnel
- Doesn’t have as many bells and whistles as a self-standing tool
- Level of customization isn’t as extensive as some competitors
GetResponse CRM At A Glance
Best For: Organizations that use email marketing for lead generation
Key Use: Marketing automation
Free Trial: 30 days
A CRM is included as a module with GetResponse’s top 3 subscription tiers. For teams that rely heavily upon email marketing for lead generation (GetResponse’s specialty is email marketing solutions), it is a particularly good choice.
Although GetResponse CRM isn’t quite as advanced or highly configurable as some alternative providers, it does feature some good tools that will be well appreciated by teams that like visually simple designs.
These include a Kanban-style, side-by-side drag-and-drop board for moving leads between various stages of the funnel, some intelligence features which prompt users to automatically plan important customer touchpoints, and the ability to easily add tags to leads that will determine their routing throughout easy to configure workflows.
Tools For Sales Teams
Some of GetResponse’s features for sales teams include:
- The ability to develop custom pipelines. Funnel leads according to the unique qualification criteria that your team uses to keep track of its funnel.
- Sort leads per funnel stage according to deal value, closing date, or owner, to make sure that nothing falls between the cracks.
- The CRM can automatically suggest important touchpoints, such as follow-up calls, based on pre-defined actions and sequences.
- The CRM can email seamlessly with GetResponse’s main tools, including email lists. The ability to pair real time information with a rigorous email integration mean that leads can be filtered through channels according to continuously updating business conditions.
Tools For Customer Support Teams
GetResponse is a powerful marketing tool that can create landing pages, forms, and surveys. Although it does not include a ticketing system or a tool intended to help create support help desks, these resources can be used as part of the customer support process to help gauge satisfaction with the organization’s products and performance.
Tools For Marketing Teams
The CRM is just one of GetResponse’s features. Marketing teams will also be eager to take advantage of:
- Email Marketing:GetResponse includes advanced features for creating email lists, segmenting them, and delivering email marketing based on workflows and automation. The program includes a vast library of templates as well as a library of 5,000 images which it has licensed from Shutterstock. The platform boasts a deliverability average of 99% and actively partners with major filtering services such as SpamAssassin and SpamHaus to make sure that campaigns distributed through it wind up in recipients’ inboxes—and not in their spam folders.
- Marketing Automation:The drag-and-drop workflow builder allows marketing departments to devise complex automation strategies to save time and avoid having users repeat manual actions. Pre-configured blocks are divided between conditions, actions, and filters. Users can easily work out the right combinations of these to achieve the perfect workflow to support their marketing needs. The average open rate of emails sent via workflows developed within GetResponse is an impressive 57.67%.
- Landing pages:GetResponse also contains a library of fully responsive landing page templates. These are fully integrated into the CRM allowing users to track which landing page a lead was received from and include that information in developed automations. GetResponse also makes it easy to develop popup messages to prevent leads from bouncing; this leads to higher conversions.
Customization And Integrations
Users can customize:
- All aspects of internal CRM workflows, by combining conditions, actions, and filters.
- The appearance of all emails and landing pages, by either adapting one of the pre-configured templates or coding their own assets from scratch.
GetResponse also provides:
- A REST API (now in version 3.0) for integrating with other web services programatically.
- A library of over 129 integrations, including Ecommerce utilities, analytics engines, and even CMS platforms. For instance, the library features a Wordpress plugin which makes it simple to embed landing pages created through GetResponse into Wordpress-based websites.
- There is also a library of social media widgets, which makes it easy for users to create and embed social widgets into assets developed within GetResponse.
Reporting And Dashboards
- Comprehensive email analytics, including open rate reporting, click through rates (CTRs), and email marketing goal achievement.
- Metrics are reported in real time.
- High level reporting can drill down into campaign opens according to mail client and device type.
- Automated reporting can be configured, allowing users to automatically receive updates on campaign process in the format they prefer.
- The side-by-side email comparison views lets users compare any 2 campaigns.
- CRM reporting includes the ability to create custom lead views and export segments for offline analysis and processing.
GetResponse offers mobile apps for both Android and iOS. The apps are fully functional and allow users to create and send emails—including those related to CRM properties—while they are “on the go.”
Users can even use the mobile apps to access and interface with some of the marketing functionalities, such as the landing page creator.
Plans And Pricing
GetResponse is available in 4 tiers: Email, Pro, Max, and Enterprise. There are also monthly, yearly, and 24-month based subscriptions. Users can save 18% and 30% by opting for the 2 longer term options respectively.
The CRM module is included with every plan except for email. Pricing is also tiered according to the database sizes. At the Pro level it varies between $49/month (a list of 5,000 subscribers) and $490/month (a list of 100,000 subscribers).
Max provides all Pro features and includes custom DKIM for improved deliverability, the ability to contact an expert campaign consultant, and increases the maximum webinar attendance size to 500.
The top (or Enterprise) tier includes all Max features plus access to a dedicated account manager, a dedicated IP address and technical infrastructure, and deliverability consulting with one of the company’s experts in the area.
Ease Of Implementation And Use
GetResponse is easy to set up and use. Because it is a cloud-hosted CRM, there are no scripts to provision on on-premises servers (and keep updated). Additionally, many of the tools the CRM includes, such as drag-and-drop funnel creation and visual click-based workflow automation creation, are extremely user friendly.
GetResponse provides users with a multitude of ways to get in touch with the company in the event that they need help setting up or maintaining any of its features.
There’s a dedicated Learning Center which features a library of helpdesk style resources to enable users to resolve common difficulties.
In addition, users are able to access an entire library of video tutorials which can help users with the setup process and also provide assistance, if needed, with features such as creating custom fields or enabling double opt-in for a created campaign.
The video library also covers more advanced topics such as creating RSS-to-email automations, and each tutorial is accompanied by a text transcript for users who prefer to read the information provided. There is also live chat and email-based (ticket) support, and users can also reach out to the team via any of the support social channels.
What Users Say About GetResponse CRM
“Since I started using GetResponse my open rate improved by 300%. The benefits are crystal; I put things on autopilot and never have to look at them again.”
Michael Simpson Jr., user.
“No matter what day or time I’m working on my campaigns, I know I can get my questions answered quickly – without much downtime to my production.”
Katie Towsend, business owner
“We at MuLondon have been using GetResponse for years and love their rich features and great customer service.”
Boris Zaezic, CEO, MuLondon.com.
GetResponse is a great choice for sales teams that are heavy email marketing users and also enjoy being able to leverage automation that is straightforward to create and modify. It offers service tiers right from the single tier user all the way up to major enterprise installs. Additionally, there are plenty more modules to dig into besides CRM. GetResponse also features a landing page creator and a real-time reporting engine. The Rest API means that it can integrate widely.