In a Nutshell
- Unlimited document uploads and eSignatures
- Easy to brand documents with Canva integration
- Customer engagement tracking and alerts
- Doesn’t integrate with all accounting software
- Salesforce integration only available with Enterprise plan
PandaDoc at a Glance
Best for: Sales and marketing teams in businesses of all sizes
Price range: Free (eSign) to $49 per user per month (Business)
Apps: iOS and Android
Features and Add-ons
PandaDoc is an end-to-end sales solution covering proposals, quotes, contracts, eSignatures, and payments.
- Proposals. Create professional, branded documents using any of 450+ templates, a drag-and-drop content library, and data from your CRM. Integrations with 14 top CRMs (including Salesforce, Zoho, and HubSpot) eliminate manual data entry errors, helping your team send out proposals quickly. Canva integration enables you to bring your documents to life with images, illustrations and fonts. Real-time notifications are sent to all authorized users in your team whenever a prospect opens, views, or comments on a proposal.
- Quoting. Customize and send out digital quotes using the PandaDoc product catalog or by automatically pulling data from your CRM. An optional interactive pricing table allows your customers to select from multiple options, change the quantities, or chat directly with your sales reps. Once your prospect is satisfied, they can sign your quote digitally from any device. Once again, you can track engagement in usage deals in real time with alerts whenever a prospect opens, views, or e-Signs a quote.
- Contract management. Create custom contracts in minutes from a library of pre-approved clause choices. Use CRM integrations to pull customer data into your documents without the risk of error. Streamline your internal sales process with user-based permissions and the ability to collaborate with colleagues using the ‘contract redlining’ tool. If you need to send multiple contracts for 1 deal, then PandaDoc has you covered with a tool that lets you automatically create a new contract based on an existing one.
- Electronic signature. PandaDoc offers a seamless invoicing experience, giving your customers the option of signing digital documents from any device. With built-in ESIGN and UETA-compliant technology and an electronic certificate provided with every signed document, the process is completely safe and secure. PandaDoc’s real-time analytics tool lets you know when a customer eSigns documents.
- Online payment. Eliminate friction by collecting payment immediately after your document is eSigned. Integrations with FreshBooks and QuickBooks accounting software (but not with other popular accounting programs like Xero, Wave, and Sage50) allows you to expedite invoicing.
- Integrations. PandaDoc offers 30+ integrations with CRMs, payment solutions, storage tools, admin tools, productivity tools, and design tools. These include free third-party tools like Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and Dropbox which allow you to convert existing files into PandaDoc templates and send them out for eSignatures.
PandaDoc enables payment in seconds thanks to 5 third-party integrations. Payments are included with all PandaDoc subscription plans, although you will have to pay separate PandaDoc transaction fees as well as all fees charged by the payment gateway. According to PandaDoc, businesses that use its software typically receive payments in just 2 days.
- Stripe. Because PandaDoc is a Stripe verified partner, your business can collect secure credit card payments inside sales documents using Stripe API. Once a customer pays for a quote, the associated billing info is stored in your Stripe account. This enables you to set up subscriptions and other charges from the Stripe dashboard.
- PayPal. Add PayPal payment options to your quotes and proposals with this third-party integration. With this custom integration, you can set up the exact options you wish to offer – from one-off payments to installment plans. PayPal supports dozens of currencies, making it great for businesses that deal with customers in different countries.
- Authorize.Net. Enables credit card online payments (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or other major providers) inside your proposals, quotes and contracts. Includes the option of sending a friendly reminder to your clients to submit their credit card information in document they have already signed.
- Square. Like the other payment gateways, Square lets you collect secure credit or debit card payments inside your sales documents. This flexible payment gateway lets you request a down payment or set up recurring payments from in your Square dashboard.
- QuickBooks Payments. With QuickBooks Payments, PandaDoc automatically requests payment from your merchant services account after your customer signs the deal. This integration lets you request a fixed amount or a percentage of the total deal amount, as well as set up recurring payments through the QuickBooks virtual terminal.
Pricing/Costs & Fees
PandaDoc can be used at 4 tiers:
- Unlimited legally binding eSignatures
- Unlimited document uploads
- Choice of 5 payment gateway integrations
- Mobile app
Essentials includes everything in eSign, plus:
- Hundreds of document templates
- Rich media drag-and-drop document editor
- Pricing tables
- Real-time analytics and alerts
Business includes all the Essentials features plus:
- CRM integrations
- Content library
- Custom branding
- Approval workflows
- Zapier integrations
- Bulk billing
Enterprise includes everything described above plus:
- SSO support and custom user roles
- Unlimited number of team workspaces
- Salesforce integration
- User performance and content reporting
- Additional API integrations
Based on our analysis of hundreds of customer reviews, most PandaDoc users are satisfied with the interface and usability. The features people like most about PandaDoc are the document templates, with can be easily customized with the drag-and-drop content library and Canva integration; CRM integration, which give you the ability to create sales docs straight from CRM data and have that event time-stamped into the contact’s record; and the notifications and alerts that get sent to you every time a prospect interacts with a sales document.
In terms of negative feedback, a handful of users report occasional glitches in the system such as not being able to access some field at times. Although users are generally positive about the image library, some mention certain drawbacks such as not being able to access the image library without directly editing a document.
PandaDoc would be more accurately described as a sales document solution than an invoice solution, but it includes everything your sales team needs to do invoicing and more. If you’re aiming to reduce friction in the sales process by letting prospects eSign and pay from directly within sales documents, then you should certainly check out PandaDoc.