In a Nutshell
- Unlimited searches
- Affordable single reports
- No information about social media
- Background Search: When conducting a background search at PeopleFinders, you will see that the accuracy provided is much better than with a typical data broker site. In fact, finding someone is easy; just type in their name, and you will see report options which include things like address history, real estate, other property data, and more.
- People Search: If you are looking to find someone, then PeopleFinders is the place to be. You can get started with as little as a name. Of course, the city and state help to narrow down the search results. There are also a number of unique additional search options, like a social profile search and a genealogy search. Both methods are excellent for narrowing things down, and confirming that you have found the right person.
- Criminal Background Search: With the ability to scour through over 10 billion public records, finding out everything about someone is a breeze. Reports include all of a person’s previous criminal activity from arrest records to fingerprint records in the federal prison system. Ultimately, this is incredibly helpful for discovering information.
In the process of running each person's search sites through a thorough test, it can be helpful to actually take a few minutes to try to find someone. In this case, we decided that the PeopleFinders CEO would be a good test. His name is Robert Miller, and the company is based in Sacramento California. Because our target has a fairly common name, we figured this would be an interesting (and possibly challenging) test. While a bit of basic Google research provided access to a few press releases, all we were really able to glean beforehand was his name and the fact that he had previously worked at Intel as an investigator.
The next step in our process was to conduct a basic people search. The query led to 20 different results matching the name Robert Miller in the state of California. Honestly, we were surprised that only 20 results were returned! We were able to eliminate half of these right away, due to these individuals being too old (65 and older). The problem now was how to confirm the identity of our target from the remaining list of ten. Unfortunately, without additional information to go on it was not an easy task. After running several other searches, we narrowed our results down to two or three possibilities.
PeopleFinders has some of the most interesting and unique searching options around. These include being able to scour social profiles and similar online information. Separating social media searches from standard public record searches allows customers to use more personal information for identity confirmation, as well as a primary method of discovery. The site also provides a very unique genealogy search which allows you to find a target, and their relatives in one fell swoop. The reason why you usually don’t see anything like this with other data brokers is simply due to the fact that they do not have access to 10 billion public records like PeopleFinders does.
All of these search services have received an “A” rating from our team based on accuracy., Only a few minor duplication issues came in our usage of PeopleFinders. The primary benefit of using PeopleFinders is that its customers can use a number of different search methods and databases to confirm they have the correct information matched to the correct individual.
There aren’t any big industry secrets behind how online people search sites work. The methodology essentially involves running search queries in a variety of public record systems. PeopleFinder stands out because of their access to10 billion records, which should give
Accurate data collection is a key ingredient in the success of any people search/background check organization. PeopleFinders has clearly perfected this process. Even when we ran a search on a relatively common name the website offered very reliable and accurate data. By reviewing the results of a search, it is obvious to see that there is a high level algorithm and filtering system used that makes all the difference.
Safety & Security
There has certainly been a lot of talk in the media recently about the safety and security of online information. Fortunately for PeopleFinders, there is no such issue as they offer a very safe and secure search environment. Best of all, every bit of the information they use in their reports comes from public records. If you don’t want to be accessible through PeopleFinder search services you can opt-out of having your information shared at any time.
If you ever have a question the PeopleFinders site is here to help. There is even a page titled 'Search Tips,' with a number of pointers and helpful information. The online help center includes a number of frequently asked questions. They also have normal business hours displayed, which are extensive, (including weekend hours) along with their toll-free number. If you prefer, send them an email or snail mail, since both contact methods are also accepted.
PeopleFinders seems to be another leader in this industry. Having been online since 2002, they continue to offer tons of great search and report options. The prices are reasonable, and the site is easy to use. If you need help they have a ton of online resources available.