In a Nutshell
- Unlimited telephone access to your lawyer
- Assistance in all legal aspects of a business startup
- All costs are included so you don’t pay any hourly rates
- There is no free trial available
- The cancellation process is not explained clearly on the website
Who is Launch by LegalShield best for?
Individuals starting a small business for the first time are likely to find Launch by LegalShield’s services extremely helpful. Launch provides help starting with the initial choice of business entity. They oversee completion and filing of all necessary paperwork, giving business owners peace of mind. Their ongoing support over the first three months provides added security for unanticipated legal problems. Experienced businesspeople can also benefit from Launch, but they may have a lesser need for basic business setup advice.
What does Launch by LegalShield Provide?
If you are looking for legal advice and support to help start your business, Launch by LegalShield’s package deal covers your business startup and guidance for the first three months after your business launch. Here’s how to get started:
- Provide Launch with basic information about your business by completing an online form.
- Within four hours of your initial contact, you’ll speak to your designated lawyer. You can also choose another convenient time. You’ll discuss your business goals, get your questions answered, and receive advice on the optimum legal entity for you.
- Your lawyer will check on the availability of your chosen business name.
- Your lawyer will promptly complete the documentation necessary for your business formation, including your Articles of Organization.
- Once you approve your final application, your lawyer will file your paperwork and obtain your Federal Tax ID (EIN).
In addition to help with your startup process, you’ll receive 3 months of support from Launch, including:
- Unlimited advice and support from a lawyer over the phone
- Reviews of contracts and documents before you sign them
- Phone calls and letters made on your behalf that can resolve most legal disputes
- Letters composed and written by your lawyer for debt collection
- A 25% discount on any other legal services you may need that are not included
Kit and Seal add-on
Launch by LegalShield also offers a kit and seal add-on which includes a solid binder engraved with your business’s name. This is a professional-looking way to maintain all of your business documents. It comes with a seal that details your business’s name, the date of startup, and the state in which you filed. It is unclear from the website whether there is an additional charge for this add-on.
Registered agent service available
If you are not resident of the state in which you started your business, you will need to use a registered agent. If this applies in your case, your lawyer can recommend registered agent packages starting at $120.
Pricing plans for LLC formation
Launch by LegalShield offers one plan for business formation: $145, plus required government registration fees. (LLC filing fees vary from state to state, e.g., Wyoming - $100, Mississippi - $50, NY - $200-$250.)
Once your business has passed the 3-month mark, you can continue to receive LegalShield’s small business support, with a choice of 3 packages. Each package includes:
- Advice, consultation, and research on any legal issue for your small business
- Three thirty-minute consultations on specific legal issues, such as immigration, antitrust, or international law
- MemberPerks – discounted prices on many popular brands, including Amazon, Verizon, and more
- 25% off any legal fees not contractually included
The differences between the plans are shown in the table below.
$500 for 1 trademark and copyright document a year
$750 for an employee handbook
$250 for 25 page contract drafting
$250 for 1 trademark and copyright document a year
$500 for an employee handbook
$250 for 25 page contract drafting
LegalShield’s mission is to provide expert legal advice to the average person in an affordable package. Originally known as Pre-Paid Legal Service, Harland Stonecipher started the company in 1976 after his own experience of being unable to pay legal fees after a no-fault car accident. Stonecipher’s service evolved from a one-room production to a company listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1999. Now known as LegalShield, it continues to provide expert and affordable legal advice. LegalShield currently works with 39 provider law firms nationwide, giving customers access to 900+ lawyers who have an average of 22 years of experience.
The Better Business Bureau independently awarded LegalShield an A+ rating, although 116 user reviews average at 2.28/5. LegalShield has over a thousand Trustpilot reviews, with a more favorable average rating of 4.2. Negative ratings of LegalShield describe slow response times and frustration when customers’ legal needs were not included in their coverage. It is important to note that these reviews are for LegalShield overall, and not specifically for Launch by LegalShield.
What Customers say about LegalShield:
“I cannot thank LegalShield enough for setting the groundwork for me. I would have been stressing out on the paperwork that they are doing.” - Charlie N., December 4, 2021
“Was happy with the service. The attorney was knowledgeable, patient, and professional.” - Bruce Kirkland, November 23, 2021
“Excellent quality service. Fast and effective response time!” - Dasse Y., November 28, 2021
LegalShield’s customer service is available 24/7, 365 days a year. You can contact them through Facebook or Twitter for quick responses, usually within the hour.
LegalShield also offers assistance through online chat, email, or you can phone them directly from their website.
Interested in becoming a member?
Are you a Selling Associate?
Are you a Broker or Insurance Agent?
Small Business Plan Members
Launch by LegalShield Members
General Member Support
Our Office Address
One Pre-Paid Way
Ada, Oklahoma 74820
Launch by LegalShield FAQs
If I already have a LegalShield membership, is Launch by LegalShield covered as part of that membership?
No. However, if you choose to sign up for Launch, LegalShield will pause your regular membership for the 3 months for which you have purchased Launch, and will subsequently restart your LegalShield membership after that time.
Which lawyer will handle my business needs?
LegalShield verifies all of the legal teams it uses on an ongoing basis to ensure that they provide you with high-quality legal advice.
Will I work with the same lawyer throughout my subscription?
You will work with the same firm of lawyers, but the individual lawyer may vary.
The Bottom Line
Launch by LegalShield offers extensive legal advice and significant practical help for everything from initial business startup needs through your first three months. For just $145 plus state filing fees, this personalized service tailored to your needs can provide much-needed help to a business that is just starting out. There are three small business support plans you can choose from for ongoing support after that time.