In a Nutshell
- Unlimited 3-bureau credit monitoring
- Member deals and offers from third parties
- 4 flexible plans to choose from
- Lack of features other than credit monitoring
- Fairly pricey for what you get
- No mobile app (although website is mobile-friendly)
A Brilliant Solution For:
- Keeping an eye on your credit report in order to protect yourself from ID theft
- Monitoring your credit score before applying for a loan or mortgage
How Does It Work?
Once you complete the registration process, you will automatically be directed to your member dashboard. From there, you can easily see your credit report updates and access member benefits at any time. If any changes occur to your Equifax, Experian, or TransUnion credit reports, ClickFreeScore will also send an alert within 24 hours.
What Does This Service Watch out For?
ClickFreeScore deals mainly with everything to do with credit monitoring. Depending on your level of membership, it offers unlimited access or just daily monitoring of your various credit reports. ClickFreeScore does also offer a handful of other services, but these are really just bonus features and not the main product.
Here’s the full breakdown of services:
- Credit monitoring of all 3 bureaus (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion)
- Credit alert within 24 hours of a key change to any of your 3 credit reports
- Credit fraud consultation (in the event you become the victim of credit fraud)
- 24/7 roadside assistance, including: 3 paid claims per year for vehicle towing, fuel delivery, jump starts, winching, tire changes, or lock-outs
- Member benefits, including: monthly grocery and shopping coupons, long-distance calling, movie tickets, and magazine subscriptions
Recovery Services - What Can ClickFreeScore Do If My Identity Is Stolen?
ClickFreeScore is a great solution for proactive credit monitoring but not as useful when it comes to reacting to fraud. It does offer credit fraud consultation services, although it doesn’t offer any ID theft insurance or restoration services. If you need credit monitoring and recovery services, then you may want to consider signing up for ClickFreeScore and a specialist recovery service or just going for another service altogether.
How Easy Is It to Use?
This service really couldn’t be any easier to use. As mentioned earlier, once your registration is complete, you get all your credit monitoring on one user-friendly dashboard. Simply log in whenever you feel the need to have a look at your credit scores/reports.
ClickFreeScore has a flexible pricing structure ranging from very basic credit monitoring to unlimited access to all 3 reports. The basic package is very affordable, although the premium package is a little pricey for the features it includes. All packages come with a 7-day $1 trial. The bad news is there are no annual memberships or family packages. The good news is there’s free cancelation at the end of any billing month.
Help & Support
ClickFreeScore doesn’t offer any recovery services, and therefore there’s no real need for a help line. If you have a query, you’ll need to go to the ‘Contact Us’ page on the ClickFreeScore website and follow the prompts. Depending what your query is, you’ll then be directed to a call with a customer support rep or the answer will appear on your screen.
Put simply, ClickFreeScore is one of the best pure services for credit monitoring but it doesn’t do much else. If you’re looking for ID theft recovery services, you’ll need to look elsewhere. But if you’re looking to boost your credit score before applying for a loan or you just want the piece of mind of credit monitoring, then ClickFreeScore is a solid option.