In a Nutshell
- Lots of optional extras
- 24/7 email support
- Specialist sports channels
- High prices
- Not all events available in 4K/HDR
fuboTV Plans & Pricing
Best for top channels and sports
Best for families
Best for comprehensive channel coverage
Best for Spanish language
How Much Does fuboTV Cost?
fuboTV gives you a 7-day free trial on your chosen package (unless you are subscribing to Latino Quarterly, which has no trial). You then need to pay a monthly subscription fee, with the price of each plan reflecting how much is included.
fuboTV is currently offering a discount on its 2 most expensive plans, Pro and Elite, which brings down the monthly cost to a more manageable level. Besides this, subscribing to fuboTV is fairly expensive, but will give you a lot of content for your money—and it’s still cheaper than many cable services. With the exception of the Latino Quarterly plan, which is charged every 3 months, there is no contract, so you can pay on a monthly basis and cancel whenever you like.
- Cloud storage 1000 ($16.99/mo): Boost your cloud storage so you can record more of your favorite shows and events.
- Unlimited screens ($9.99/mo): Watch on up to 10 devices at home, plus two when you’re out and about.
- Showtime + Starz + Epix ($19.99/mo): Include these channels in your plan.
- Individual premium channels
- Showtime ($10.99/mo)
- Starz ($8.99/mo)
- AMC Premiere ($4.99/mo)
- Epix ($5.99/mo)
- Sports plus with NFL RedZone ($10.99/mo): 25 specialist sports channels including NFL RedZone, and top NCAA games.
- fubo Extra ($7.99/mo): 44 extra channels across all genres, including children’s TV.
- International Sports Plus ($6.99/mo): 11 international sports channels including major soccer coverage.
- Adventure Plus ($4.99/mo): 6 adventure-themed channels focusing on the great outdoors.
- News Plus ($2.99/mo): 9 premium news channels from around the world.
- NBA League Pass ($14.99/mo): Up to 40 NBA games a week.
- Sports Lite ($9.99/mo): 8 additional sports channels covering a variety of sports.
- Latino Plus ($19.99/mo): 16 Spanish language channels, including sports.
- RAI Italia ($8.99/mo): Watch Coppa Italia football matches and Italian language TV.
- TV5MONDE ($9.99/mo): Watch French sports, TV, and movies.
- Portuguese Plus ($14.99/mo): 4 Portuguese language channels plus GoITV Spanish.
- Entretenimiento Plus ($4.99/mo): 9 Spanish language channels, including lucha coverage, music, and movies.
How Does fuboTV Work?
Sign up for fuboTV via the website by entering your details and creating a login. You can then select the main subscription package you want, plus add any optional extras. You will need to enter payment details even when activating the free trial; you will then be charged once your trial ends.
To watch fuboTV, you can use a compatible device, such as a phone, tablet, or smart TV. You will usually need to add fuboTV as an app to your device, which you can do by searching in your device’s app store or channel directory. fuboTV can be watched on:
- Amazon Fire TVs
- Android phones, tablets, or TVs
- Apple phones, tablets, or TVs
- Hisense VIDAA Smart TVs
- LG TVs
- Roku devices
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Vizio SmartCast TVs
- Xbox One
To sign in to fuboTV for the first time on your device, use the email and password you registered with on the fuboTV website. After this point, you can sign in with a code, which will be displayed on the screen. Using this code when logged in to the fuboTV website will let you watch on your device.
You can use the fuboTV app to browse available channels and events, and you can also set up guide filters to show only your preferred genres to make browsing easier. You can also favorite channels to find them quicker when you boot up the app.
fuboTV is currently offering a beta trial whereby some events are viewable in 4K/High Dynamic Range (HDR). This does not currently apply to all events, and you’ll need a compatible device to view them this way.
Is fuboTV Reliable and Safe?
fuboTV has a high rating on Trustpilot, with an average score of 4.1/5 from 4,265 reviews. 59% of users rate the service Excellent, with users noting some excellent customer service. 23% rate the service as Bad, with price point being a common complaint.
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) shows a different picture, but with a much smaller sample: 76 users rate fuboTV an average of 1.5/5. Many complaints center around the free trial, with users surprised by unexpected charges. This could be something to keep in mind if you do sign up for the free trial.
Help and Support
fuboTV provides a comprehensive knowledge center on the website, with lots of screenshots and even videos to help you along the way. You can also call the company (8am-11pm EST, 7 days a week) or email (24/7).
What About the fuboTV App?
The fuboTV app can be used on your phone, tablet or Smart TV. Using the app, you can watch all channels and events included in your subscription, including sports live streams and on-demand TV content. Cloud recording means you can pause watching on one device and pick up where you left off on another device. The iOS and Android apps are highly rated by users (4.6/5 and 4/5, respectively).
fuboTV’s packages, even at the cheapest level, come with a huge amount of channels, including live and on-demand viewing across all genres. Although the plans are pricey, there’s a lot on offer here. For sports fans, fuboTV could be a particularly good choice: all packages come with a range of premium sports channels, and you can add even more from the extensive list of optional extras. Plus, you can watch top international matches from the French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish leagues, and enjoy TV in other languages, too.
fuboTV is also worth considering if your family has diverse tastes. With multiple devices on your account, you can all watch something different at the same time! And the cloud recording feature allows you to keep important shows and features to watch another time. If you’re looking for a comprehensive TV package that doesn’t require a cable installation, fuboTV could be for you.
How much does fuboTV cost?
fuboTV offers a 7-day free trial of most of its plans, after which you’ll be charged a monthly fee (or quarterly, in the case of the Latino Quarterly plan). The cheapest plan comes at $64.99 a month, and you can add optional extras ranging from $2.99-$19.99 a month.
What are the cons of fuboTV?
fuboTV has quite a high monthly cost, and only some events are viewable in 4K/HDR.
Is fuboTV really free?
fuboTV is currently offering a 7-day free trial on some of its packages, but after 7 days, you will need to pay a subscription fee.