In a Nutshell
- Lots of local contractors in one network
- Easy-to-use online comparison tool
- Multiple options for cost-effective choices
- Limited to contractors in this network
- No guarantee on workmanship
- Not enough information on the website
Roofing Costs at a Glance
Roof Types and Services
The Roofing Costs service is not a direct roofing contractor. What this means is that they don’t provide homeowners with actual services for their roofing needs. Instead, Roofing Costs connects you with roofing contractors in your area who can get your roofing needs filled. So, the types of roofs serviced and services available will vary depending on the specific roofing contractor you end up dealing with.
The good news for homeowners needing service is that Roofing Costs has a wide network of contractors to work with. In fact, that's the biggest benefit of working with this service. You'll be able to get multiple price quotes for your roofing project by filling out a single application form. This saves homeowners time and the annoyance of filling out the same form over and over again just to get a price quote.
Some of the roofing services that Roofing Costs partners offer include:
- Annual roof inspections
- Roof project budgeting assistance
- Standing seam metal roof installations or replacements
- Metal shingles roof installations or replacements
- Cedar shakes roof installations or replacements
- Weather-appropriate roofing options
- Natural slate shingles roof installations or replacements
- Aluminum shingles roof installations or replacements
- Asphalt shingles roof installations or replacements
- Composite roof installations or replacements
- Tile roof installations or replacements
- Wood shake roof installations or replacements
- Eco-friendly roofing options
- Complete roof replacements for existing roofs
- Installing a new roof
- Minor roof repairs
Roofing Costs is a totally free service to use. That is, you can fill out the application form, send in your information, and receive recommendations for local roofing experts completely for free. However, the costs for your roofing project will depend greatly on which contractor you work with and several other factors.
Once you get recommendations, you’ll need to discuss the finer details of your roofing project with the various contractors you’ve been recommended. The final price for your roofing costs will vary considerably from one project to the next. Some factors that will contribute to your price quote include:
- The size of your home
- The style of your home
- The types of materials you choose
The one factor that you can control is the type of material being used for the project. For example, asphalt shingles are considerably more affordable than other materials. Starting at around $160 per square, this is frequently chosen as the most economical choice for roof replacement. Alternatively, slate is known to be one of the most expensive options for roofing materials. This could run you upwards of $800 per square. So, materials make a tremendous difference to the overall costs of your roofing project.
Roofing Costs will help you get several price quotes from local roofing contractors. With multiple options to compare, you can find more competitive prices and select the one that fits within your budget. By the way, a new roof is one of the top 10 ways to increase the value of your home. And homeowners can recoup roughly 60% of the costs that are incorporated with putting on a new roof.
In terms of customer service, there’s not much to talk about. But then again, there’s not much to do on the Roofing Costs website. It’s a pretty straightforward process. Here’s what you’ll do:
- You’ll start by filling out an online application form. This will include questions like what type of roofing project are you looking for (full roof replacement, new roof, minor repairs, etc.), what types of materials you’re interested in (wood, tile, composite, metal, etc.), and when you want the project to begin (immediately, within 6 months, not sure).
- Fill in your contact details, and Roofing Costs will look through its network of roofing contractors to find local roofing experts who can help you with your needs. Once you are connected with a Roofing Costs partner, they'll be in contact to discuss your personalized price quote for the roofing project. It's important to note that by using the online portal, you are under no obligation to accept the price quote or use the services that Roofing Costs recommends. You can discuss your situation, get pricing quotes, and see your various options. If none of them work for you, you can simply walk away.
So, there isn’t much need for a customer service channel. However, Roofing Costs does have an online email form that you can fill out with questions. You’ll receive an answer from a customer service rep during business hours.
As we’ve already discussed, Roofing Costs is not the direct provider for roofing services. As such, this service does not offer any warranty or guarantees on the materials or workmanship that is provided by the partner contractors. This is a little disappointing since some online portals will offer some sort of guarantee on the work done by their affiliates. After all, they’re recommending these services, so it’s nice to know that the aggregator also stands behind their partners enough to offer a guarantee.
Fortunately, most roofing contractors that are included within the Roofing Costs network do offer some sort of warranty. What the exact details of the warranty are, what’s covered, and how far it extends will vary from one contractor to the next. You can expect to find most contractors offering at least partial warranty on both parts and services rendered. Be sure that you discuss the exact details of the warranty before you sign on a contractor.
Other Services Offered
Which other services are available will vary from one contractor to the next. But it’s almost guaranteed that there will be additional services available. Here’s a partial list of extended services that Roofing Costs partners offer:
- Electrical work
- Heating and cooling
- Pest control
- Garage door installations and repairs
- Concrete work
Roofing Costs is an online comparison tool that attempts to make it easier for homeowners to find local roofing experts to install, replace, or repair roofs and roofing elements. The service is completely free to use, and it allows homeowners to compare multiple price quotes from various roofing contractors at a single time. Since Roofing Costs doesn’t cost you anything, and the only downside is that you are limited to the contractors within the network, it is certainly within a homeowner’s best interest to give Roofing Costs a try.