How Upward Works
The signup process requires that you use your phone number, verify it, provide your data, and fill out the “about me” portion, as well as a faith summary (optional). Because your profile is the primary communication tool with potential matches, make sure to do a good job. Next, go into your settings and filter out your matches by distance and age. The primary audience is Christians in their mid-20s into 30s who are looking for love.
The key is honesty as to why you are looking. If you are open to a long-term commitment that leads to marriage, this is the app for you.
As with many other apps, mutual likes result in a match and the ability to send messages. The free version will not allow you to see who liked you until you match them. Upward offers Super Likesthat notify a potential mate that you are interested.
The profile selection for your potential matches is a result of a computer algorithm, your search preferences, and likes. Once two mutual likes result in a match, you are welcome to start chatting. You can filter out your search preferences by faith and other, more typical, criteria.
Main Features include:
- Unlimited likes (about 60 likes per day in the free version before you are locked out)
- Five Super Likes per day (one Super Like daily in the free version)
- Rewind on a profile (premium and elite feature)
- No advertising (premium and elite feature)
- One (30-minute) monthly boost of your profile (premium and elite feature)
- Seeing who liked your profile (elite feature)
- Religion-focused bios
- Search capacity filtered by denomination
- Strong emphasis on commitment
- Intuitive (Upwards’ interface is similar to Tinder or Bumble in that it's intuitive and familiar to many)
In all versions of the app, messages are unlimited between matches. The free version is more than sufficient to match and potentially date.
Safety & Security
As with most apps, exercising sound judgment is the key. Self-protective measures include:
- Not sending money
- Not sharing personal information
- Keeping all communication on the app
- Not chatting with people that are unwilling to make video calls or prove who they are
Although some members do not play by Upward's rules, the developers urge you to block or report the offenders. You can read Upward’s safety policy on its website.
Upward Customer Support
The Upward blog and Facebook page are very informative and entertaining. However, if you have any questions or require help, you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’re also welcome to review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) or contact 866-320-0106.
Pricing & Special Offers
- $14.99 for one month
- $22.49 for three months ($7.49 per month)
- $35.99 for six months ($5.99 per month)
- $29.99 for one month
- $44.99 for three months ($14.99 per month)
- $71.99 for six months ($11.99 per month)
- 5-pack $.60 each
- 25-pack $.40 each
- 60-pack $.30 each
The premium membership enables you to send unlimited likes and five Super Likes per day, rewind on a profile, and get rid of advertising, and it provides one (30-minute) monthly boost of your profile. The elite membership allows all premium profile perks as well as viewing who liked your profile. Super Likes alert your potential match that you like them right away.
The dating app world is loud with complaints, and not the least among them is the hook-up culture and lack of effort. Long gone are the days you swiped right due to the profile of a cute dog. Upward aims to solve this problem with an app aimed at the man or woman looking for a values or religion-based commitment.