In a Nutshell
- Compare multiple lenders with one form
- Great user experience, easy to compare options
- Variable or fixed APRs
- SuperMoney isn’t a direct lender
- User must share personal details to get rates
- No telephone support line
SuperMoney at a Glance
If you’ve decided to refinance your student loans but don’t know who to do it with, SuperMoney can help. With SuperMoney, users can compare student loan refinance options with one online form. If you’d prefer not to share your contact details, SuperMoney also has a rates comparison page that lets you check out the range of rates, terms, and loan amounts offered by each of its partnering lenders. SuperMoney does in minutes what it would take most people hours to do on their own. Its search tool taps into real-time rates from its partners to allow users to instantly compare rates.
SuperMoney’s main function is matching borrowers with lenders. With that said, it also offers plenty of tools and resources to help you decide which student loan refinancing option is best for you:
- Refinancing options for private student loans, federal student loans, and a combination of the 2.
- Real-time rates from a network of top lenders including SoFi, LendKey, PenFed, Upstart, and Earnest.
- Compare pre-qualified rates in minutes with a short online form.
- Tool that lets you change rate type (variable or fixed), loan term, and loan amount and see what it does to APRs.
- Option of seeing general rates comparison without having to provide contact details.
- Open to customers from across a range of credit scores.
The Application Process
SuperMoney helps its users get pre-qualified for multiple lenders. The user may select one or more of the lenders to complete an application on the lender’s website. Because SuperMoney only pre-qualifies its users and doesn’t actually see them through to the end of the process, using the service doesn’t affect your credit score. It only takes a couple of minutes to go through the entire process. On the last page, you’ll see who SuperMoney has matched you with. If you like the look of one of the options, click on it to be redirected to the lender’s website and complete your application.
Here’s what you’ll be asked to provide:
- Type of loan you want to refinance (private, federal, or both)
- Amount you want to refinance, broken down by amount of student debt from private loans and amount of debt from federal loans
- Estimated credit score
- Highest academic degree completed (e.g. Bachelors, PhD)
- School where you obtained the degree, including graduation date
- Pre-tax annual income (you will be asked to verify it when you fill out an application with your chosen lender)
- Name, date of birth, email, phone number, and home address
- Residency status (e.g. US citizen, US resident, non-resident status)
- Social Security number. (SuperMoney will run a soft credit query, which won’t affect your credit score)
As mentioned above, one of the benefits of using SuperMoney is that it works with a range of lenders that offer a range of loan amounts, APRs, and repayment terms. SuperMoney looks at your details and filters through its network of lenders to find the best student loan refinance deals for your needs.
SuperMoney’s partners offer a wide range of loan options:
- Fixed or variable APRs.
- Loan amounts of $1,000 to $1 million, although most lenders offer up to $300,000.
- Cosigner option.
- Unemployment protection option.
- Some lenders offer the option of no origination fees and no prepayment fees.
One of the benefits of a loans marketplace like SuperMoney is lenders are forced to lower their rates to compete for borrowers. As a result, the rates found in SuperMoney’s network are highly competitive.
Lender APRs and terms fall within the following ranges:
- Variable-rate refinancing from 2.50% APR
- Fixed-rate refinancing from 3.39% APR.
- Loan terms range from 3-20 years.
How Safe Is It?
Although SuperMoney isn’t a direct lender, it still needs to collect your data in order to find you real-time rates. Rest assured, SuperMoney says it is committed to protecting user data. According to SuperMoney, it never shops personal data to the highest bidder. Therefore, there’s no need to worry about receiving non-stop robocalls after you use this platform.
Help & Support
SuperMoney is solely an online operation and does not offer phone support. If you do face any issues, users may submit tickets through the SuperMoney website. Don’t forget to leave your contact details on the form so that a customer support rep can get back to you.
If your student debt is getting out of control, SuperMoney can help you compare your refinance options. One of the great things about SuperMoney is it works with many of the top lenders in student loan refinancing. Its platform lets you compare rates from multiple lenders on one page, saving you the trouble of filling out a separate form on each lender’s website. SuperMoney’s service won’t cost you a dime, and you may use it as many times as you want without any obligations.
3100 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite 190
Santa Ana, CA, 92704