In a Nutshell
- Offers as low as $1,000 in funding
- Funds in as little as 1 business day
- Accepts lower credit scores than other lenders
- Full contact details required to see rates
- Only available in handful of states
- Potentially high rates
LoanPlatinum at a Glance
LoanPlatinum’s main target audience is low-credit borrowers who are unable to get a loan elsewhere. Through a network of partners including tribal lenders, LoanPlatinum finds loans for borrowers who have been rejected by other lenders because of poor credit score or other factors. Therefore, LoanPlatinum is worth considering if you’ve exhausted other options.
Range of Loans on Offer
LoanPlatinum is a marketplace that specializes in helping users find personal loans. Unfortunately, it doesn’t reveal a whole lot of information about itself. However, we were able to verify the following information:
- All personal loans offered through the platform are unsecured, meaning you won’t need to put up any collateral to get a loan.
- The network of partners includes tribal lenders, who are subject to federal laws but immune from state laws, including rate caps.
- Loan amounts are relatively low compared to the personal loans market, up to a max of $15,000.
The Application Process
The main selling point here is speed. It takes only a couple of minutes to complete the online form and find out if LoanPlatinum has a suitable match for you. According to LoanPlatinum, its partners all transfer funds within 1 business day of approval.
In order to find out if LoanPlatinum has a match for you, you’ll need to enter the following info:
- Personal information. This includes amount requested, full name, email address, phone number, residential address, state, zip code, home ownership status, time at residence, date of birth, Social Security number, and state driver’s ID.
- Employment information. Includes your main source of income, employer name and phone number, time employed, gross monthly income, how often you’re paid, next payday, and a yes/no answer to the question of active military service.
- Deposit information. Unlike many other online loans marketplaces, LoanPlatinum requires you to enter your bank deposit information before finding out if you’ve qualified for a loan.
How Much Can You Borrow?
The loan amounts here are low, with an emphasis on quick, small amounts. In the application form, you’ll see options for the following loan amounts: $1,000, $2,500, $5,000, $10,000, and $15,000.
Unfortunately, LoanPlatinum doesn’t provide much if any information about the loan requirements. Credit score is a requirement, although it appears the credit restrictions are much looser than with many other lenders. LoanPlatinum doesn’t offer its service in every state, although, again, it fails to provide clear information about which states it serves. We tried a few states in the application form. On several occasions, we received this message, followed by a bunch of generic search results: “Unfortunately, you are not within our coverage area. However, others may be able to assist you.”
LoanPlatinum doesn’t publish any information about loan lengths and APRs. Reading between the lines, it works with tribal lenders who aren’t subject to state regulations on maximum interest rates. The benefit of working with tribal lenders is that there’s less paperwork and funding is quick, but the downside is high APRs. While state-regulated lenders can typically only go up to rates of around 35.99% (and as low as 18.99% in some cases), the lenders LoanPlatinum work with can go much higher. This makes them something of a cross between personal loans and payday loans—which really makes this service a last resort for after you’ve exhausted other lending options.
Privacy & Security
As a loans marketplace, LoanPlatinum exists to share your information with its lending partners. The website is SSL-secured to protect the connection between your browser and the site. Therefore, you can enter your information with the knowledge your personal details are protected from hackers and other malicious entities.
Help & Support
LoanPlatinum only offers one way of contacting customer support: by direct contact form on the website. Unfortunately, it doesn’t offer any phone number, email address, or other point of contact.
How LoanPlatinum Compares
LoanPlatinum comes up short in several categories compared to the leading online loans marketplaces. It doesn’t publish any information regarding APRs or terms, but the types of lenders it works with indicates that its APRs are significantly higher. The main reason to choose LoanPlatinum over other lending marketplaces is if you’ve been rejected by the other lenders and have exhausted other options.
As we’ve mentioned throughout this review, LoanPlatinum exists to help out low-credit borrowers who have exhausted other lending options. This service shouldn’t be a first port of call but rather a final option if you’ve been rejected by other lenders. LoanPlatinum’s partnering lenders excel at offering quick funding without much paperwork. In exchange, borrowers pay the price of a far higher interest rate than those promised by other lenders.