In a Nutshell
- Fast online application
- Money in your account the next business day
- No origination fee
- Strict credit policy
- No physical branches
Eloan at a Glance
- Young borrowers looking for financial education
- Startup mentalities
- People with good credit scores
Eloan offers one loan type that caters to the varying needs of the public. A personal loan can be used for many different purposes including business funding, private purchases such as a new computer or a flat-screen TV, auto purchases, medical bills, credit card debt consolidation, event planning such as a wedding or fair, and more. You can choose to pay your loan back in as little as 18 months or you also have the option of spreading it out up to over 60 months (5 years). The amount of time you spread your loan out over will determine how much you pay each month, as well as how much you'll be paying in interest, overall.
- APRs ranging from 8.99% - 21.49% ****
- Works with credit scores of 660 or higher
- No prepayment penalties
- No origination fee
- Fast, easy online application
- Online loan calculator
- Online financing tools
- Online financial education
- 1-hour credit decision**
- Next-business day funding, if application is approved***
- Flexible loan payment schedule: 15-day grace period without late payment penalty****
The Application Process
Eloan’s application is super smooth and simple. As the byline says, Simply Smart, and Eloan makes its whole process take only a matter of minutes. Here’s how it works:
- Go to the Eloan website
- Click on the green, Check my rate button
- Fill out your personal information, such as your name, phone number, and address
- State how much money you want to borrow
- Click agree to get your rates
Once you’ve gotten a few offers, you can decide if you want to proceed with one of them. If so, you’ll fill out and verify additional information, and, once you’ve agreed to the loan terms, finalize the loan. Eloan says it will have your money within your account by the next business day*** if everything clears before 3:00pm the previous business day (Monday through Friday).
When applying for a loan with Eloan, bear in mind that there are a few basic requirements including:
- You must be over 18 years of age (in most states, 19 or 21 in others)
- Live in any state other than Massachusetts
- Have no more than 3 credit pulls in the last 9 months
Additionally, while Eloan will works with a wide range of borrowers, the typical credit score that will be approved by this company is 660 or higher.
How Much Can You Borrow?
Eloan has a really wide range of loan amounts you can borrow which makes it the ideal choice for a broad audience of borrowers. Loans start at $2,000, so people who just need a little extra money to get through the month, cover an unexpected expense, or purchase something above their usual monthly finances will be able to secure a loan for this small amount without having to worry about hefty interest payments that come with larger loans weighing them down.
The upper cap for loan amounts from Eloan is $35,000, which may not be as much as bigger players in the lending industry like SoFi or LendingTree will offer, but is still a solid offer.
Eloan offers a wide berth of repayment options, and features a 15-day grace period**** without late payment penalty if you can't make your payments on time. You can decide to pay your loan back over the course of as little as 1.5 years or as much as 5 years, depending on your loan amount and your current financial situation. Keep in mind that the longer you take to pay off your loan the less you will have to pay out each month, but the more you will end up paying out in interest payments over time. Eloan offers personal loans with APRs starting at 8.99% - 21.49% ****, which is the industry standard for lenders.
Privacy & Security
Eloan is backed by a prominent bank, the Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, which has been an irrefutably solid banking institution for the past 125 years. Additionally, it is governed by the same United States federal banking laws, so you are working with terms that are familiar and unwavering. Eloan uses 128-bit encryption on all of its webpages to keep your information secure as well.
Help & Support
Eloan is somewhat limited in its customer support options, something the company would do well to improve upon in the future. There is a small FAQ section, however, in which you can find some of the most commonly asked questions.
What’s even more useful is the Learning Center provided by Eloan. Here you can find any question and answer you might have. Read in-depth articles and get answers to major financing topics including home improvement costs, personal financing troubleshooting, and debt management, along with advice on how to consolidate debt, how to set up an emergency fund with your current finances, and steps to take to help improve your finances overall. There's also a helpful glossary of terms that are organized alphabetically. This comes in very handy if you are new to personal loans and are not familiar with the terms used.
Additionally, you can reach out to a representative via the online contact form or on Facebook, if you have a specific question that you can’t find in the FAQ section.
Eloan is an easy online lender to like. It has a fresh approach to finances, but brings decades of experience in the banking world to the table as well. New borrowers will appreciate the wealth of financial education and lending tools like the personal loan calculator and debt consolidation calculator, and anyone with a healthy credit score will enjoy high approval possibilities with this Simple and Smart service. Eloan could use a few more customer service options, but otherwise, this is a good place to look for a personal loan with competitive rates and terms.
* Rates from 7.99% up to 19.49% APR. Your APR will be determined based or your risk score and credit history. Loans start from $2,000 up to $35,000. The loan amount will be subject to credit approval. Eloan is a Division of Banco Popular de Puerto Rico. Subject to credit approval and meeting the parameters set forth by Banco Popular de Puerto Rico (“Banco Popular”). This offer applies to personal loans without collateral. Offer subject to presenting evidence and verification of acceptable income to Banco Popular. Banco Popular may deny your application if you do not meet the parameters and the established conditions. Other terms and conditions may apply. If the applicant is a covered borrower according to the definitions of Military Lending Act, the availability of this option is subject to the provisions of said law.
** Final credit decision may take longer than 1 hour if additional documents are requested as part of the verification process.
*** Funds are generally deposited via ACH for delivery next business day if verification is completed and final approval occurs by 3:00pm CT Monday-Friday. Approval process may take longer if additional documents are requested as part of the verification process.
****You have a 15-day grace period after your due date to make your installment payment without incurring in a late fee. Thus, you have payment flexibility to pay your installment amount during those 15 days each month.