In a Nutshell
- Apply and submit forms directly online
- Company originates and underwrites all loans
- Great range of potential loan options
- No second mortgage products
- No loans for manufactured homes
AmeriSave at a Glance
Loan types – Mortgage and refinancing loans
Mortgage and refinancing loans
Loans up to $1.5 million
10- , 25-, or 30 year fixed rate, 5- or 7--year adjustable rate
Customers seeking a full-service mortgage provider with a simple application process
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, AmeriSave has established itself as one of the premier names in the mortgage loans and refinancing industry. The company was established in 2002, and has since expanded its service to 49 states and the District of Columbia. Today, the company offers a quick and straightforward way for potential homeowners and prospective buyers to uncover the loans they need and access funds efficiently. AmeriSave has expanded to employ more than 500 mortgage specialists, and funds billions in home loans every year. Moreover, the company offers a wide variety of mortgage options, including conventional, jumbo, FHA, VA and USDA loans.
- People seeking a full-service mortgage lender
One of the biggest benefits AmeriSave offers its customers is its ability to originate and underwrite mortgages. The company has a large team of specialists and makes the lending and application process as straightforward as possible for prospective borrowers.
- Borrowers who desire a straightforward application
Customers can apply for its loans via several channels with AmeriSave. The company offers a quick initial process and is known for its flexibility in meeting its customers’ needs to finalize loans for both refinancing and home purchases.
AmeriSave offers an extensive range of loan options for customers, including several backed by government programs, including FHA, VA, and USDA loans. Additionally, borrowers can take advantage of a good range of terms alongside both fixed and adjustable-rate options. Moreover, the company can adapt to customers’ needs, allowing closings to happen at local attorneys’ offices, specific locations chosen by customers or even directly in a borrower’s home. AmeriSave has also recently been commended for its transparency in lending, even though it is not a bank. Customers looking for educational materials can take advantage of AmeriSave’s excellent resources which include a series of calculators, graphs, blog posts, articles, and an informative FAQ section. The company also offers competitive rates, an array of loan amounts and can even satisfy larger loan needs with jumbo loan offerings.
Highlights for AmeriSave:
- Highly competitive interest rates
- Both fixed and adjustable-rate loan options available
- A variety of loan options including Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, USDA, and VA
- A wide range of calculators and graphs help inform borrowing choices
- An extensive team of over 500 mortgage specialists help the decision-making process
- Finalize loans from anywhere that is convenient with easy closing options
- Available in 49 states and the District of Columbia
- An A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
The Application Process
Potential borrowers can start the application via AmeriSave’s website or over the phone. To begin the process online, a customer selects the rate and term option from a variety of options and completes the loan application.. The online application does include a hard credit inquiry for pre approval. Customers can then upload their documents and even e-sign them to expedite the process. In addition, prospective home buyers are able to apply for a mortgage before or after they have a property in mind, with the process operating similarly.
The company does have a minimum credit requirement for most of its available loan products. FHA loans have a minimum score of 600 while other products require a score of 620. It is important to keep in mind that some options might require a higher credit score, such as jumbo loans.
Loan Terms – In-House Underwriting and Education
Customers can benefit from a fantastic range of loan options and terms that offer flexibility for mortgages. AmeriSave works with a variety of loan types, all of which are underwritten and originated in-house, so borrowers are always dealing directly with the company’s support staff. The company issues both refinance and purchase loans, with a variety of repayment terms available. Additionally, the company offers several federally backed loan options including:
Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loans with lower down-payment requirements
- Veteran’s Administration (VA) loans that do not require a downpayment and have similar interest rates as FHA loans
- USDA loans which provide up to 100% financing on rural properties, with financing insured by the Department of Agriculture
- HARP loans which let borrowers refinance if they owe more on their mortgage than the current value of their home
- Jumbo loans for customers whose amounts needed are much higher than the loans traditionally offered by the company
- For the more traditional mortgage loan options, the company offers competitive interest rates and terms.
Most importantly, AmeriSave works to give customers the information they need to make the best choices. Prospective borrowers can visualize how much their mortgage payments would be, the difference between purchasing and renting and what types of homes they can afford. Additionally, they can look at current and past interest rates in graphical form, which provides a helpful display for understanding the ways the housing market may change.
AmeriSave also features a variety of blog posts, articles and guides related to borrowing, mortgages, and personal finances.
Potential homeowners can find the right repayment plan for their mortgage with AmeriSave. The company offers both fixed-rate and adjustable-rate options with different repayment periods. Mortgages for home purchases and refinancing are available for both 15 and 30-year plans. Adjustable-rate mortgages are extended in 3/1, 5/1, and 7/1 varieties and generally feature lower interest rates than their fixed-rate counterparts. The company’s government backed loan programs offer fixed-rate mortgages for both 15 and 30 years, except for USDA loans, which are only available with 30 year repayment terms.
How Safe is It?
Customers can rest easy knowing that AmeriSave is transparent about its data gathering and security practices. The company does not collect information for targeted advertising purposes, although it does accumulate some sensitive customer information during the application and approval process. All information is kept safe in secure data servers that feature several physical and virtual protection measures. Furthermore, data is encrypted using industry-standard methods during both transmission and storage.
Help & Support
To get in touch with AmeriSave, customers can either call or email. The company’s call centers are available toll-free Monday through Friday between 8am and 5pm Eastern Standard Time. The company can handle the whole application and approval process by phone, and many customers do prefer this option. We found that support staff were well trained and able to answer our questions promptly and effectively. Email responses took between one and two business days and generally resolved all our inquiries. Customers can also find answers directly on AmeriSave’s website, which features an informative FAQ section.
Deep Dive into Pros and Cons
There are some areas where AmeriSave could improve its offerings:
- The company does not offer second mortgage products such as home equity loans and lines of credit, which can be useful for homeowners facing financial difficulties
- AmeriSave does not offer loans for manufactured homes, which some competitors offer
AmeriSave does have some standout features that make it a top choice:
- Educational resources give customers an excellent way to make informed decisions
- The company underwrites and originates its own loans, meaning customers always deal with AmeriSave directly
- Customers can apply and receive approval directly online
- Potential borrowers can choose from an excellent variety of loan options and repayment terms
So, Should You Borrow with Amerisave?
Thanks to a fully in-house process and a variety of loan options, AmeriSave is a good choice for customers seeking a mortgage. The company offers both traditional mortgages and several government backed loan options. More importantly, its variety of loan repayment terms give borrowers flexibility to find the right choice for their impending home purchase or home refinance. A straightforward application process also helps customers close on their homes more quickly, meaning that borrowers need not worry about lengthy and complicated interactions with banks and other lenders.
AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation
3525 Piedmont Rd NE
8 Piedmont Center, Suite 600
Atlanta, GA 30305