In a Nutshell
- Matches users with insurance coverage to suit their needs
- Provides each user with personalized health advice
- Not available in Florida or Washington state
- Doesn’t directly underwrite policies
Who Can Benefit from Sproutt?
When you use Sproutt, you get an insurance broker with added value. A regular insurance broker negotiates policies on your behalf. Sproutt does that and more, creating a personalized profile for each user in order to get the best and most relevant coverage possible. Some brokers sell generic life insurance policies that don’t necessarily match the user’s needs, but Sproutt goes that extra mile and finds you a policy to suit you.
- One form, multiple policies. When you use Sproutt, filling out a single online form gets you multiple offers.
- Large insurance network. Sproutt works with many of the largest and most-respected carriers in the life insurance business. It constantly reviews and rates these insurance companies, based on financial strength, pricing, product suite, and ease of access
- Apply online or by phone. When you apply through Sproutt, you get a choice between applying online or having a representative assist you.
- Quality of Life Index. Sproutt has developed a guided artificial intelligence assessment that assesses your health and lifestyle and gives you advice on how to improve your quality of life. The assessment is free of charge and all you need to do is fill out a 15-minute survey.
Sproutt is a broker, which means there’s a two-step process to applying for life insurance: the first step is the part where you ask Sproutt to match you with a suitable insurer; the second part involves a phone call with the insurance carrier itself and, of course, signing any closing documents. To get a quote from Sproutt, simply fill out the short application form on the Sproutt website. Alternatively, you’ll find a page on the website where you can schedule a time to have a Sproutt advisor call you and walk you through the process.
The online application involves 3 sections and takes around 15-30 minutes to complete.
Step 1 involves 8 basic questions about you:
- Who you are protecting (e.g. kids, spouse, other)
- Zip code
- Your gender
- Your date of birth
- Your height and weight)
- Your health (very healthy, pretty healthy, or average)
- Whether you are a smoker or nicotine user
- Annual income
At the end of the first section, you’ll need to enter your name, email, and phone number to save your progress. The second section consists of more questions, which gradually becomes more specific to help Sproutt learn more about you. You may be asked to provide information about:
- Plans to travel abroad
- Past traffic violations
- Past bankruptcies
- Past felonies
- Past drug use
- History of diseases
- History of chronic or terminal conditions in your family
After answering the above, you will be given a choice from a few levels of coverage (e.g. $500,000, $1 million, $1.5 million) with the monthly premium clearly displayed. Select your preferred option to continue to section 3, which requires you to give the following information:
- Your details
- Details of beneficiaries
- Your employment
- Existing insurance (if relevant)
- Payment information
The final stage involves a phone call between you and the insurance carrier selected for you. You can call 888-786-3917 at any stage to get assistance from a Sproutt representative.
Policy Types and Terms
As a broker, Sproutt is technically able to offer you any type of life insurance. This includes term life, whole life, and no-exam life insurance. Sproutt actually selects the policy type and carrier for you, based on the information you provide. This makes it a useful service for anyone who knows they need life insurance but isn’t sure what type.
How Safe Is It?
Help & Support
One of the highlights of using Sproutt is that it doesn’t just rely on its online platform to assist users. It also offers telephone support. If, at any stage, you feel you need help, you can call Sproutt or request a call back to get direct assistance from one of its insurance brokers. Sproutt has an excellent 4.8-star Trustpilot rating and an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau, which suggests that most customers come away satisfied.
Phone: 888 386 3917 (toll free, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET)
Life insurance is one of those products that most of us need but don’t know where to begin. With Sproutt, you get a broker that actually matches you with insurance coverage to suit your needs and the needs of your dependents. Relative to other online brokers, Sproutt’s life insurance brokerage service is easy to use. It’s free to apply, and you’re not obligated to purchase unless you like what’s offered to you.
100 Pearl Street, 14th Floor
Hartford, CT 06103