In a Nutshell
- Compare life insurance from the top carriers in minutes
- Quotacy’s agents guide you every step of the way
- Doesn’t work with small or local life insurance providers
- Insurance broker, not a direct carrier
Quotacy’s service is helpful for anyone who needs a new life insurance policy but doesn’t know where to begin. If you’re looking to compare plans from the largest American life insurance carriers, then you can save your time and energy and let Quotacy do it for you in minutes. There’s no need to fill out multiple forms, just complete Quotacy’s uniform life insurance application to see rates from some of the country’s top life insurance companies.
Quotacy is more than just a life insurance comparison site. It connects you with a life insurance policy for your needs, and its agents work with you every step of the way. Once you select your policy, a dedicated Quotacy agent will guide you through your application, phone interview, medical exam, and online paperwork.
- Compare quotes from all Quotacy’s partners without entering contact details.
- Select and purchase a policy with assistance from Quotacy’s agents along every step of the way.
- Real-time, online updates on the status of your life insurance application.
- Assistance from Quotacy agents when you wish to update your policy.
- Free educational tools and resources, including Q&A videos, and the Real Life podcast.
There are 5 steps to buying life insurance through Quotacy. The first step, which involves getting a free quote, literally takes seconds to complete and doesn’t require you to enter any contact details or identifying information. As with most life insurance providers, it takes 2 to 6 weeks to complete the entire application process and get your life insurance.
- Step 1: Free quote. Enter your zip code, gender, and birth date, and answer yes or no to the question “Do you smoke?” If you’re looking for term life insurance, the site will show you a monthly premium for $50,000 coverage with a 20-year term. Toggle the coverage and term, and then click “Compare Policies” to see policies from different providers.
- Step 2: Compare policies. Enter your height and weight, and indicate whether you use tobacco or nicotine, blood pressure medication, cholesterol medication, or whether a parent or sibling has suffered from heart disease, diabetes, or cancer. Click “Choose a Policy” to see a list of life insurance carriers, sorted from lowest premium to highest premium. Click the “Choose” button next to your preferred carrier.
- Step 3: Online application. Register with Quotacy to submit your online application for life insurance. It takes about 5 minutes to complete the application form. You’ll be asked to enter your name and contact details. Following that, you’ll be asked around 20 questions about your income, work, and other activities, such as plans to travel or live outside the US, or participation in hazardous activities such as motor racing or skydiving. Then, you’ll be asked to answer yes or no to about 30 medical conditions.
- Step 4: Verification. Your dedicated Quotacy agent will contact you and email you a short document to DocuSign. After you return the DocuSign form, your insurance carrier will call you within 24 business hours to verify your information.
- Step 5: Review and approval. Your Quotacy agent will guide you through the rest of the process, including a medical exam. Note that SBLI is the only insurance company Quotacy works with that gives exemptions for medical exams. In SBLI’s case, you must be 18 to 49 years old and applying for coverage of $500,000 or less to qualify for an exemption.
Policy Types and Terms
Quotacy brokers policies from the following providers: AIG, Ameritas, Assurity, AXA, John Hancock, Legal & General America, Lincoln Financial Group, MassMutual, Minnesota Life, Mutual of Omaha, Nationwide, North American Company, Pacific Life, Principal, Protective, Prudential, SBLI, and Voya Financial.
Through its partners, Quotacy brokers the following types of life insurance:
- Term Life Insurance: Coverage amounts range from $50,000 to $65 million or more based on your income or net worth. Terms last for 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, or 35 years, or custom term lengths.
- Whole Life Insurance: Coverage for your whole life, with a fixed monthly premium, fixed death benefit, and a cash value that accumulates at a guaranteed rate.
- Final Expense: Provides for end-of-life expenses, including medical bills, inheritance, and funeral expenses. You can’t be turned down because of your health. The monthly cost never increases, even if your health worsens.
- Disability Insurance: Provides a safety net when you can’t work for an extended period of time due to injury or illness.
LegacyShield: Quotacy and LegacyShield have partnered to let policyholders securely store their life insurance policy and other financial documents, such as your estate plan, in one place. If you die, your recipients and professional advisors are granted access to your vault according to your instructions.
How Safe Is It?
Quotacy is licensed to broker life insurance in 50 states. It works with only large, trusted, nationwide life insurance carriers. It promises not to sell information about you to its partners, and it doesn’t share your information with any specific insurance companies until you select that insurance company as your provider.
Help & Support
New customers can contact Quotacy’s agents and customer support staff by phone, text, or email. Policy holders can use all those contact channels as well as live chat. Judging from online customer feedback, Quotacy provides superb customer service. Out of almost 1,000 Trustpilot reviews, 93% of customers rate Quotacy “excellent,” 6% of customers rated Quotacy “great,, and 1% rated it “average,” while nobody rated it “poor” or “bad.” Customers praised Quotacy for the speed and efficiency of its service, with many commenting that they took the stress out of purchasing life insurance.
Quotacy at a Glance
By working with 18 leading life insurance carriers, Quotacy is able to find favorable rates on term life insurance, whole life insurance, and death and disability coverages for all its users. Quotacy is known for its speed and ease of use. Anyone can get a quote in seconds—at no cost and with no commitments. Simply enter your age, gender, and zip code—and tell Quotacy if you’re a smoker—to view the lowest monthly premium you qualify for. If you like what you see, Quotacy’s agents will guide you through the rest of the application process.
505 Highway 169 North, #560
Minneapolis, MN 55441