In a Nutshell
- ExpressTerm Policies available without medical exam
- Strong riders for added benefits
- Rates are increased based on policyholder’s age incrementally
- Certain plans offer significantly less coverage
- Customers who need a large coverage amount
If you want to protect your future with a large death benefit you can take advantage of AAA’s term life policies, which include amounts that can range as high as $5 million.
- Individuals who want fast coverage without a medical exam
AAA offers its traditional term life policies alongside its ExpressTerm option, which eschews the need for medical exams and has an online application that can be completed in minutes. Customers who require fast coverage and are fine with a lower coverage amount can easily be protected by life insurance in a matter of minutes.
One of the major benefits of AAA’s life insurance policies is their versatility. You can truly customize your policies with a variety of riders that add excellent benefits. Additional riders include child term insurance, which covers children in the family for up to $20,000 per child, and disability waivers, which cancel premiums if the holder becomes disabled.
In addition, AAA provides excellent coverage amounts for all of its policies, ranging towards the higher end of the industry spectrum. More importantly, AARP returns paid premiums for term life policyholders, granting an excellent payout at the end of coverage.
When it comes to advantages, AAA really stands out due to the amount of informational resources it hosts on the website. All of its policies are clearly delineated and with offices and agents in all 50 states, the company can readily help any prospective customer easily. More importantly, the company’s policies are all modifiable with an array of riders and contain excellent death benefits.
Accompanying its life insurance policies, AAA issues accident insurance and annuities for customers who require protection from potential workplace mishaps or need a steady source of income even in their retirement years. AAA members also receive discounted rates on their monthly premiums.
For most of AAA’s policy options, the application begins with a call with an agent who will guide customers through the process. For term life insurance, the application also includes an in-home medical exam which can be scheduled when completing the initial steps with an agent. The company’s ExpressTerm policy features a fully online application which can be completed directly from the AAA Life Insurance website and does not require a medical exam or a call with an agent.
Policy Types and Terms
- The traditional term policy has a coverage amount of $100,000 to $5 million, and offers terms of 10, 15, 20, 25, or 30 years. These policies require an in-home medical examination, and applications are handled with an agent. You can also opt for a version of the traditional term policy which returns your paid premiums at the end of the coverage period with terms that start at 15 years.
- AAA’s ExpressTerm policies eliminate the need for medical exams and have online applications. These have similar coverage terms, but only provide amounts between $25,000 and $250,000. This is ideal for customers who prefer to complete their application fully online and need immediate coverage.
- Apart from term life, AAA extends 2 types of whole life insurance—simple and guaranteed issue. Simple life insurance coverage ranges between $5,000 and $25,000, and prices remain locked in once a policy is approved. These policies do not require medical exams, and they accumulate cash value over time. For older applicants and retirees who want to ensure their golden years are covered, these policies are a very suitable option.
- Guaranteed issue policies offer guaranteed acceptance for applicants aged 45 to 85, with no questions or medical exams. Premiums are locked in, and they accumulate cash value over time, with up to $25,000 in coverage.
- The LifeTime Universal insurance policy provides benefits that start at $25,000 and is ideal for customers who are planning to leave an inheritance. These policies take slightly longer to receive approval, but can offer a higher degree of customization in coverage amounts. They also feature an accelerated death benefit which pays out 50% if the holder is diagnosed with less than a year of life.
- The Accumulator policy is similar to the LifeTime option, but accumulates cash value which can be withdrawn to supplement retirement incomes or assist with potential expenses. Its customizable premium amounts are designed to accommodate users facing different financial circumstances.
Help and Support
You can contact AAA Life Insurance via a toll-free number available Monday through Friday between 8am and 10pm Eastern Time, and Saturdays between 9am and 6pm. Alternatively, you can locate an agent through AAA in your state to evaluate and discuss options in-person. Customers can also email AAA Life Insurance with inquiries which are usually responded to within one business day. Overall, we found that the company’s support staff was knowledgeable and prompt. They were able to answer all our queries and generally replied within a short period.
Founded by AAA—the auto club federation best known for its roadside assistance services—AAA life insurance policies provide members and non-members alike with an excellent array of alternatives. The company has received excellent financial stability scores from rating agencies, and since it was founded nearly 50 years ago, has signed over 1 million policies. It has paid out over $2 billion in claims and works with both AAA members and non-subscribers to offer customizable and easy-to-receive life insurance for customers of all ages. Today, AAA Life Insurance stands out as one of the best known names in the industry.
For customers seeking variety in their life insurance coverage, AAA delivers a number of excellent policy alternatives. With outstanding coverage amounts and terms, you can find the right level of protection for you and your family while strengthening your policy with a variety of useful benefits and riders. For retirees, the company’s whole life and universal life policies offer an excellent way to live their golden years without stress, knowing their loved ones’ inheritance is safe.
AAA Life Insurance Co.
17900 N Laurel Park Dr.
Livonia, MI 48152