Last updated: 28 September 2021
- What cookies are
- What cookies are used when you use the Site
- Your cookie options
- Interest-Based Advertising
1. What Cookies Are?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in your web browser that allows the Site or a third party to recognize you, as a visitor (and not as an individual). Cookies might be used for the following purposes: (1) to enable certain functions; (2) to provide analytics; (3) to store your preferences; and (4) to enable ad delivery and behavioral advertising.
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires, or until you delete your cookies from your browser. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves; some may expire after a few minutes while others may expire after longer periods. Cookies placed by the website you’re visiting are sometimes called “first party cookies,” while cookies placed by other entities are sometimes called “third party cookies.”
2. What cookies are used for when I use the Site?
Each cookie serves one of the following purposes:
- Essential Cookies: These first-party cookies allow users to use a feature of the Site such as: (i) remaining logged in, or (ii) making purchases.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies track information about how the Site/s are being used so that we can improve them and report on our performance. We may also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users react to them. Analytics cookies may either be first-party or third-party cookies.
- Preference Cookies: These first-party cookies store your Site preferences.
- Ad Targeting Cookies: These third-party cookies (also known as “behavioral” or “targeted” advertising are placed by advertising platforms or networks in order to: (i) deliver ads and tracks ad performance, and (ii) enable advertising networks to deliver ads that may be relevant based upon your activities.
4. What are my cookie options?
If you don’t like the idea of cookies or certain types of cookies, you can change your browser’s settings to delete cookies that have already been set and to not accept new cookies. To learn more about how to do this, visit the help pages of your browser. Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or do not accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
5. How to manage cookies?
How to disable behaviorally targeted advertising cookies
If you are concerned about behaviorally targeted advertising cookies (which serve you advertisements based on your use of the Website and other websites), users based in the European Union can visit www.youronlinechoices.eu and users based in the US can visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices for more information.
How to enable and disable cookies using your browser
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar >> Select Settings >> Click ‘Show advanced settings’ >> In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
- To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
- To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Chrome. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Chrome, refer to the following page from Google: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet Options’ >> In the options window navigate to the ‘Privacy’ tab
- To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
- To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Explorer. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Internet Explorer, refer to the following page from Microsoft: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Click on the More actions button on the toolbar, and select Settings >>Search for View advanced settings and click on it >> Under Cookies section, select to either Don't block cookies (default), block only third-party cookies >> Restart Edge.
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the browser menu and select ‘Options’ >> Select the Privacy panel
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Firefox. For more information, refer to the following page from Mozilla: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Click on ‘Setting’ at the browser menu and select ‘Settings’ >> Select ‘Quick Preferences’
- To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
- To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Opera. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Opera, refer to the following page from Opera Software: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy
Safari on OSX
- Click on ‘Safari’ at the menu bar and select the ‘Preferences’ option >>Click on ‘Security’
- To enable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Only from site you navigate to’
- To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
- Note there are various levels of cookie enablement and disablement in Safari. For more information on other cookie settings offered in Safari, refer to the following page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/en-us/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
All other browsers
- Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
How to manage your cookies?
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. As we explain above, you can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device.
Please be aware, that if you disable the cookies that we use, this may impact your experience while on the Site, for example, you may not be able to visit certain areas of the Site or you may not receive personalized content or information when you visit a Site.
6. Interest-Based Advertising
We and third parties engage in interest-based advertising provided by vendors in order to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we and other advertisers believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third-parties are using cookies or other technologies to perform these services, the Site does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information for online, mobile, or email advertising, and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
We use various products and features provided by Google LLC. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; "Google").
- Our services use the analytic tools of Google Analytics. Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how you use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Please note the fact that Google Analytics is supplemented by the code "gat._anonymize();" on this website to guarantee the anonymized collection of IP addresses (so-called IP-masking).
- You can refuse the use of Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set on the computer, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website:
- Disable Google Analytics
- Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/. Please note that on this website, Google Analytics code is supplemented by "anonymizeIp" to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so-called IP-masking).
Google Dynamic Remarketing
We use Google Dynamic Remarketing to advertise our site across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network. Dynamic remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of our websites you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser. This cookie does not in any way identify you or give access to your computer or mobile device. The cookie is used to indicate to other websites that "This user visited a particular page, so show them ads relating to that page." Google Dynamic Remarketing allows us to tailor our marketing to better suit your needs and only display ads that are relevant to you.
- We use Google AdWords to advertise our site across the Internet, in particular on the Google search.
DoubleClick by Google
We use retargeting tags and Custom Audience provided by Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304 USA, "Facebook").
Facebook Custom Audiences
- In the context of interest-based online advertising, we use the product Facebook Custom Audiences. For this purpose, a non-reversible and non-personal checksum (hash value) is generated from your usage data. That hash value can be transmitted to Facebook for analysis and marketing purposes. The collected Information contains your activities on our site (e.g. browsing behavior, visited subpages, etc.). Your IP address is transmitted as well and used for geographical controlling of advertising. The data collected is only transmitted encrypted to Facebook and is anonymous to us which means the personal data of individual users are not visible to us.
Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
- By using the website you agree to the data processing associated with the integration of Facebook pixel.
- Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission.
We use Hotjar Ltd (Level 2, St Julians Business Centre, 3, Elia Zammit Street, St Julians STJ 1000, Malta, Europe) in order to better understand our users’ needs and to optimize the service and experience. Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
We use technologies from Outbrain, Inc. (Offices located at 39 West 13th Street, 3rd floor, New York, NY 10011, Attn: Legal Department, "Outbrain") on our services to perform page views and clicks tracking. This allows us to adjust our advertising campaigns to users with a common interest.
We use technologies from Taboola, Inc. (Offices located at 1115 Broadway, 7th fl., New York, NY, 10010, "Taboola") on this site to perform page views and clicks tracking. This allows us to adjust our advertising campaigns to users with a common interest.
We use technologies from Gemini, Inc. (Offices located at 701 1st Ave., Sunnyvale, CA, 94089, "Yahoo") on this site to perform page views tracking. This allows us to adjust our advertising campaigns to users with a common interest.
We use technologies from New Relic, Inc. (Offices located at San Francisco HQ 188 Spear St., Suite 1200 San Francisco, CA USA 94105, "New Relic") on this site to perform monitoring of our site applications. This allows us to identify our users' browsers problems and improve our site serving over the internet.
We use technologies from Invoca, Inc. (Offices located at 419 State Street Santa Barbara, CA 93101, “Invoca”) to adjust our phone based advertising campaigns in order to approve its quality and its billing
Some of our websites include the following cookies:
We use technologies from Poptin Ltd. (Offices located at Aluf Kalman Magen St 3, Tel Aviv-Yafo, "Poptin") on this site to personalize your online experience. This allows us to adjust our advertising campaigns and provide you with better offers. To do so, we may automatically collect information about your online activity on the website, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on the website.
By using this website, you agree to the data processing associated with the integration of Quora pixel.
If you would like to revoke your permission, please click on the following link and follow the instructions detailed here.
List of third parties that can access information through our partners' sites: