In a Nutshell
- 20%-60% off on routine dental procedures, including orthodontics
- No limits on use, can be expanded for vision and drug discounts
- Not available in Vermont or Washington
- No live chat customer service
People who would like to be able to get discounts on dental care, but perhaps can’t afford a full dental insurance plan. Also, people who would like to add family members to a discount plan and/or may need to also take advantage of discounts on vision care and prescription drugs.
In a matter of minutes, Careington allows you to sign up for dental discount plans that are less than $10 per month, and potentially can pay for themselves in no time, even with just a single teeth cleaning. You can also easily add family members and additional services, such as vision treatment. The plan doesn’t require any lengthy application process and anyone over 18 is eligible. There is also no limit on how many times you use the plan in a calendar year.
- Plans as cheap as $8.95 per month (plus $20 activation fee)
- Nationwide network of providers (except VT and WA)
- Quick and easy sign-up, no administrative forms to fill out
- Compatible with health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, and health reimbursement accounts
- Vision care, telemedicine, prescription drug discounts, and LASIK discounts available
Who is Eligible?
Anyone over the age of 18 can join the program, and prior dental conditions won’t make you ineligible.
What it Covers
- Careington 500 Dental Savings Plan ($8.95 per month for an individual, $13.95/month for member + one, $16.95 for member + family. Annual plans are $89, $139, and $169, respectively)
Adult and child teeth cleaning
Extensive oral exam
Four bitewing X-rays
Complete upper denture
Molar root canal
Extraction (single tooth)
- Careington Dental & Vision Discount Plan ($9.95 per month for an individual, $14.95/month for member + one, $17.95 for member + family. Annual plans are $99, $149, and $179, respectively)
All dental services offered on 500 Dental Savings plan, in addition to:
Lenses, Lens Enhancements, Frames, Sunglasses, Contact lenses
Laser Vision Correction
40%-50% off LASIK surgery
- Careington Dental, Vision Plus Telemedicine Plan ($12.95 per month for an individual, $17.95/month for member + one, $21.95 for member + family. Annual plans are $129, $179, and $219 respectively)
All services provided by Careington Dental & Vision Discount Plan plus:
DialCare telemedicine solution—speak directly to doctors for consultation about a host of ailments
Access to eDocAmerica online health and wellness information service
Savings of between 15%-60% off price of generic drugs and 10% to 25% off price of brand name drugs.
Why it’s Good for Families
Adding family members to a plan doesn’t cost much more than the individual price, and can potentially save you a significant amount of money, especially if your children need orthodontic work. The plan can save you $58 on a single child teeth cleaning, meaning that even just with the routine work, it can pay for itself.
Why it’s Good for Students and Seniors
A single dental procedure can set you back a lot, with a single root canal costing over $1,400 easily. If you’re someone on a fixed income, like a student or senior citizen, this is no small thing. Dental discount plans like those of Careington can help you offset these costs (helping you save over $700 on a root canal) if they arise.
Which Areas is it Available in?
The Careington plan is available with dentists across their nationwide network, except in Vermont and Washington.
Policy Types and Prices
*all plans come with a one-time $20 registration fee
Sign-up should only take a few minutes online, and after signing up, you’ll immediately receive a member ID and then in 7-10 business days the membership materials and membership cards.
When it’s time to schedule an appointment, just search for a participant provider near you on the Careington website, and then schedule your appointment. Your discount will be taken out at the time of the appointment, when you pay.
As a Careington member, if you have any questions, you can contact the company by way of a toll free number from 7am to 7pm Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday. You should also be able to find answers to most questions on the company website.
Careington allows you to join a network of discounted dental providers for a monthly fee that can pay for itself with only minor use. For a small added fee, you can also receive vision care and prescription drug discounts for yourself and your family.