In a Nutshell
- Compare multiple auto lenders with one form
- Support for leasing and refinancing
- Options for borrowers with poor credit
- Not a direct lender
- Requires your contact details and SSN
- Not much in way of customer support
SuperMoney at a Glance
Loan types: Auto purchase loans, auto loan refinancing, lease purchase
Loan amount: $2,000 - $500,000
Repayment terms: 12-84 months
APR: 2.99% - 35.99%
Minimum credit score: 400
Best for: Comparing different types of auto loans in one place
SuperMoney matches borrowers with the best loans from its network of partnering lenders. Whatever type of auto financing you’re looking for, SuperMoney sorts through its network to find the best deals for your profile and preferences. The process is quick, easy, and there are no charges or obligations for the user. All you do is fill out a short online form with details about yourself, your vehicle, and the type of loan you wish to apply for. SuperMoney does all the rest, putting its search tool to work to match you with the best rates.
As a marketplace, SuperMoney is great for anyone looking to compare several lenders before taking a loan. SuperMoney does in a couple of minutes what it would take the average person a couple of hours to do. It processes the user’s details to match them with the most suitable lender for their needs. One of the great things about SuperMoney is the range of auto loans it deals with, from auto purchase loans to refinancing, leasing, and even title loans.
SuperMoney’s main purpose is to match borrowers with lenders, but it also offers plenty of added value. For example, it offers a wealth of tools and resources to help you decide how to go about financing your vehicle purchase or lease.
- Network of dozens of lenders
- Range of auto financing types
- Free rates comparison tool that lets you see the basics without registering
- Free resources to help you understand auto financing
- Free loan calculators
- Accepts customers across the whole range of credit scores
SuperMoney isn’t a direct lender, but it does help its users get pre-qualified. In fact, because SuperMoney is a marketplace, you can use it to get pre-qualified rates from multiple lenders with the one form. It takes only a couple of minutes to go through the entire process.
Here’s what you’ll need to provide:
- Type of auto loan (purchase from dealer; purchase from private party; refinance; or lease purchase).
- Type of vehicle (new or used, year, make, model, trim, and mileage).
- Vehicle sale price and down payment.
- Estimated credit score.
- Level of education (e.g. high school, bachelors).
- Employment status (e.g. employed full-time, self-employed).
- Pre-tax annual income, frequency of payments (e.g. bi-weekly, monthly), and payment method (e.g. direct deposit, payroll check).
- Details about home ownership (e.g. own with mortgage, own with no mortgage, rent) and size of monthly payments.
- Name, date of birth, email, phone number, and home address.
- Details of military service, if relevant (Some lenders offer discounts to servicepeople).
- Residency status (e.g. US citizen, US resident, non-resident status).
- Social Security number.
Loan Types and Terms
As mentioned above, SuperMoney matches borrowers with the following types of loans: auto loans for purchase from dealer or private party; auto refinance, or lease purchase. It also helps connect borrowers with auto title loans, a type of loan that lets car owners borrow by putting up their vehicle as collateral.
SuperMoney works with a range of lenders, with deals to suit all types of borrowers:
- Credit scores of 400-850.
- Loan amounts of $2,000 to $500,000.
- APRs from 2.99% to 35.99%.
- Repayment terms of 12-84 months.
- Some lenders charge origination fees, prepayment fees, and late fees—and some don’t.
Each lender offers its own term options, with the absolute minimum being 12 months and the maximum being 84 months. As is usually the case with auto lenders, all SuperMoney’s partners offer terms in 1-year intervals: 12, 24, 36, 58, 60, 72, and 84 months.
How Safe Is It?
Although SuperMoney isn’t a direct lender, it does collect users’ personal details in order to share them with the partners in its network. Fortunately, SuperMoney says it doesn’t shop personal data around to the highest bidder. That means you won’t have to face the inconvenience of incessant robocalls.
Help & Support
Because it is mainly an internet operation, SuperMoney doesn’t have an active phone line. If you face any issues, submit a ticket through the SuperMoney website and wait for customer support to get back to you.
How SuperMoney Compares
SuperMoney stacks up fairly well in comparison to LendingTree and other top auto loans marketplaces. It works with a wide variety of auto loan options, including purchase loans, refinancing, and leasing. Its lenders cover a wide range of credit scores, loan amounts, and loan terms. Like other marketplaces, SuperMoney forces lenders to compete for the attention of borrowers. As a result, its lender offer competitive rates and occasionally benefits such as no origination fees and no prepayment fees.
If you’re looking to compare auto loan rates, SuperMoney is a good place to start. One of the strengths of SuperMoney is that it covers the whole gamut of auto lending: from purchase loans, to refinancing, to leasing. That way, if you’re not sure what type of auto loan you need, you can use SuperMoney to compare your options. The service is completely free to use, so you can compare loans as often as you want without worrying about getting locked down by any one lender.
3100 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite 190
Santa Ana, CA, 92704